PDA

View Full Version : picking up girls at concerts....

Baller
02-19-2006, 09:03 AM
Some friends from work and I won tickets to a concert this week. Since concerts are so loud and there's so many distractions it makes running normal game a little more difficult. I was just curious if anyone had any good tips for picking up at concerts?
Thanks

IWillBite
11-12-2006, 03:40 PM
What are some good openers for a concert? I went to one last night, had a little trouble. To begin with, the girls are *always* in a set, usually with at least 1 guy, and a ton of AMOGs...I had trouble thinking of anything, especially since virtually everything has to be timed perfectly or she'll never hear a word you're saying
I love going to shows...so I'll be dealing with this scenario alot. Any tips?

TheSwaggerer
11-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Shows?
A little less specific, please.

SoSoSo
11-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Swag's not very nice! :(
Anyway, for target-hunting at shows: your best bet is to talk to her and her friends BETWEEN band sets. Or, after/during the show, by the merch tables. Smokers often aren't allowed to smoke inside the venue, so go to the smoking spot and those people are easy to chat up too. Even if you don't smoke, cigarettes are an excellent prop; a girl can easily initiate a conversation with you by asking for a cigarette (respond flirtatiously: "Only if you talk to me!").
DISCLAIMER: I have no experience using the MM model on these people, but I've met girls in the past at shows with my natural/intuitive/whatever game.

KaiserCrimson
11-12-2006, 06:58 PM
Even if you don't smoke, cigarettes are an excellent prop; a girl can easily initiate a conversation with you by asking for a cigarette (respond flirtatiously: "Only if you talk to me!").

Should you really have to buy her time with a cigarette? Why not try teasingly saying something more along the lines of, "Do you even smoke, or is this just an excuse to come talk to me?"

SoSoSo
11-12-2006, 08:54 PM
that's a good point. it depends how much vibe the girl is throwing at you first. if a girl is eyeing you for a while and you're purposely ignoring her, then finally she comes up to you with her friend and asks for a cigarette, maybe in her mind it's like ahhh!! so he wanted to talk to me too!! yay!! and kickstarts your pairbond. if it's more like a girl just asking you for a cigarette/trying to get one from you for free (you can tell by their BL, etc.), then the tease is probably a better play. i'll try it out~

Gonzos Aegis
11-13-2006, 12:22 AM
in regards to the smoking issue, craig (rolls with dave d) says he uses sumthing like this.
HB:hey, u have a smoke
Guy:i do....but u have to make a animal noise for me. go on.
HB: (quietly) oink oink
Guy: go on, u can be louder than that, i want everyone in the room to hear it.
HB: no way!
Guy:yeah, u need to work on that, but it was a ok first attempt. (give her the cigarette) so did u see the MASSIVE fight out the front?
and then roll into MM. that was extremely rough, i cant remember exactly how he said it, but it had the whole animal noise in there.

confused16
08-04-2007, 05:28 PM
im going to the daft punk concert tomorow and i was wondering how to pick up girls at a situation such as this cuz some can consider a daft punk concert to b almost like a rave....

place holder
08-04-2007, 09:22 PM
if you're a little early, that would probably be the best time to hit on them.
trying to talk to a woman while she is enjoying a song might cause a negative reaction. i'd say get there early and do your openers on the early crowd.

i guess some openers to get in the conversation could be:

(add time constraint: "the show is about to start but i'm curious" or "i have to get back to my friends but.."

"what song(s) of daft punk do you hope they play?"
(then you two can talk about the songs and how they make you feel..etc. or a moment connected to it.)

"do you have a favorite song by daft punk? i bet you can't guess mine."
(explain to her why it's your favorite song, also remember to ask her why it's hers.)

"i've never seen this band live before, do they put on a good show?"
(talk about other concert experiences where the show was good or bad.. try for good to make it sound like you're the person who has a good time.)

and woops.. i stepped in the wrong forum.. forgot this was for the younger crowd.
i just wanted to see what the concert was.
<--music addict. hope any of the advice helps.

Longshanks
08-04-2007, 10:23 PM
It's a concert, so pretty much everyone is there for the same reason. You already have something to build upon there for comfort once you open. There'll be the odd person there who only cam because of a free ticket or for their friend, whatever. Going along with what place holder said, situational openers for a concert make sense and they also don't convey that you're "hitting" on her, just starting a conversation about a band or act that you both enjoy or something cool that happened that displays your value.

Also, if you have VIP or any other types of clearance passes they naturally DHV. Don't flaunt it, make it subtle. Normally they'll give you a different color wristband or a badge, so just make it visible but I wouldn't bring it up unless they ask or it makes sense to. This one venue gave us stickers, it was stupid because they kept peeling off.