PDA

View Full Version : Time constraints in A2?

Severin_
12-21-2005, 12:43 PM
I'm just doing some final prep work for my first ever sarge tonight.. and I'm wondering..
Are time constraints exclusively for A1? Should I be doing body rocking, false takeaways and time constraints in A2? If I don't, isn't the set going to start thinking 'hold on, he said he was only staying for a minute, he lied'

shweeny666
12-21-2005, 12:46 PM
is this referring to mystery's ebook with the A2's and etc

porky
12-21-2005, 12:53 PM
dude...if you keep them entertained that thought wont even enter their mind...seriosly that is the eisiest part (for me atleast)
just tell them stories ALSO always be on the lookout for IOI's...that will give you clues on how ur doin...
gl m8
Tuero-

Severin_
12-21-2005, 12:56 PM
is this referring to mystery's ebook with the A2's and etc
yeah, I started studying it after I read the game. its great. Actually, I think the game + vensuian arts is a great starter pack for any budding rAFC.

Severin_
12-21-2005, 12:57 PM
dude...if you keep them entertained that thought wont even enter their mind...seriosly that is the eisiest part (for me atleast)
just tell them stories ALSO always be on the lookout for IOI's...that will give you clues on how ur doin...
gl m8
Tuero-
Cool, I think I'm getting over analytical.. I guess its about calibration.. If I feel like I'm loosing them or the energy is going down I could throw in a time constraint. The field never lies.

obie
12-21-2005, 01:10 PM
Style metions that you want to FTC again once you hit the hook point. This will spike their emptional state again.
You can also experiment with backturns and stuff as a way to get them to chase you more.

Hypnovibe
12-21-2005, 01:14 PM
yeah, I started studying it after I read the game. its great. Actually, I think the game + vensuian arts is a great starter pack for any budding rAFC.
This is a stupid question but I will ask it anyways I know AFC and PUA but what does rAFC stand for??

Severin_
12-21-2005, 01:24 PM
This is a stupid question but I will ask it anyways I know AFC and PUA but what does rAFC stand for??
dude, there are no stupid questions, only ones that were never asked..
there was a time when everyone here knew none of this stuff. we're all here to learn & improve & work with what we have
rAFC = recovering AFC

Hypnovibe
12-21-2005, 01:28 PM
there was a time when everyone here knew none of this stuff. we're all here to learn & improve & work with what we have
rAFC = recovering AFC
Cool....I guess that makes me an rAFC.

Rodzilla
12-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Mystery says there are only AFC's and Master PUA's. Each is an island with water in between.
The definition of a Master PUA is to do 5 approaches and get 5 GF's.
If you are inbetween islands you are at your own peril...

obie
12-21-2005, 02:43 PM
The way I interpret Mystery's comment is that the only places where you can be static is as an AFC or a Master PUA. Otherwise you constantly need to swim one way or the other.
In other words with pickup, just like anything else, either you are getting better or you are getting worse, you will never be at the same level unless you just can't get worse (because you are an AFC) or you just can't get better (because you have a 100% close rate).
Basically, the message is that you can never be complacent about your game. Either you get better or you get worse. You can never be just "good" without at least trying to always get bettet.

Rodzilla
12-21-2005, 02:46 PM
I like that...and unless you are a Master you have something more to learn...
Respect.

goldfinger
12-21-2005, 02:58 PM
You must also remember that you can never know everything. No matter how much of a master you are, you are always learning, and therefore are always swimming for that last island.
If you become complacent and decide you know absolutely everything you need to know, you will miss out on all the new techniques and suddenly you're an average again.
Don't think of this as only related to PUAs, it's an analogy to life in general. We can never know everything about anything and must follow life's journey - if you stop you will stagnate and become predictable and boring to yourself and others.

SOAG
12-21-2005, 03:07 PM
I get what you're saying but I'd rather believe that getting to that last island is possible.

You must also remember that you can never know everything. No matter how much of a master you are, you are always learning, and therefore are always swimming for that last island.
Funniest/meanest thing a teacher has ever said to me: "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people."