PDA

View Full Version : How are you?

veryEnglish
05-26-2007, 11:00 AM
How are you? - So often women text this or a variation of this! To me it is a boring question with no good answer. So what do you normally say?

Sometimes I text back something like "That's a very boring question, I don't think I shall answer it. :-P

Otherwise I am stuck with something like "Yeah, fine. U?"

So any better suggestions?

Ricky369
05-26-2007, 11:31 AM
It use to annoy me that, that is all girls could come up with. The truth is they realy dont want to know whats up. Like for instance you text a girl, "hey whats up" it is realy saying (i want to know if wyou will text me back/like me). Well thats how i interpretat it

I have said before "do you actualy want to know whats up or are you attracted to me" a response was "yeah im attracted to you" and the other "your so big headed" (tho jokingly mater)

GAT0R
05-26-2007, 11:43 AM
If she texts you "how r you doin", you should reply "feelin good and lookin better". Just be cocky with it, but not arrogant.

Ricky369
05-27-2007, 07:58 AM
I actualy tried your thing "How are you doing" "feeling good and looking better" last ngiht when a girl text me it. She was like haha and i moved it onto a different subject in the same text

Isreal
06-01-2007, 01:11 PM
if a girl text you and say,"Hi, How are you doing?" Just text back and say, well I rather be doing you, but until that happens I'm doing fine.

TrueStory
06-01-2007, 02:21 PM
How are you?

- "I was fine until you texted me :P " (put a smiley for playful mood)

- ignore her question. Don't answer back. Send her text message later that evening: "It was such a busy day..need a massage!"

- Don't answer, just reply with something irrelevant. Like "Guess what happened to me today..." or "I can't wait until friday!"

One more thing:

You guys are stressing out over smallest stupidest shit ever.

Isreal
06-03-2007, 06:40 AM
One more thing:

"You guys are stressing out over smallest stupidest shit ever".

Please understand, TrueStory, that the guys that are asking advice have been a member of this community for a couple of months now, versus, you who has been a member since 2005 with over 900 post. Think back when you first started out, you didn't stress over the smallest shit ever?. I think every PUA stressed over the smallest shit ever, including the ones who pave the way for use to be here in this community posting advice. All I'm saying is don't forget you were a AFC once.

Isreal

TrueStory
06-03-2007, 09:15 PM
One more thing:

Please understand, TrueStory, that the guys that are asking advice have been a member of this community for a couple of months now, versus, you who has been a member since 2005 with over 900 post. Think back when you first started out, you didn't stress over the smallest shit ever?. I think every PUA stressed over the smallest shit ever, including the ones who pave the way for use to be here in this community posting advice. All I'm saying is don't forget you were a AFC once.

Isreal

Exactly. That's why i said that.

I didn't imply that he is a newb. I know that a lot of new guys over-analyze things too much, which makes the entire game difficult. I remember the days I used to stress out over small shit, now I wish i didn't. It would make my life / game so much better if I didn't worry about details. Because, in the end it doesn't make any difference. We all reach that point where small details do not matter as much.

stasis
06-11-2007, 10:42 PM
One more thing:

Isreal

Yeah, and he probably didn't overcome his micromanagement of every detail by posting on the internet and devising answers, he overcame his micromanagement mentality by GETTING OVER IT.

miaddict
06-12-2007, 02:15 AM
There is no need to even address the question. Just tell her your DHV story(or something exciting/fun/interesting that just happened to you).

Any question that she throws at you can be a hoop for you to jump in.

Reply with : well, you wont believe what just happened to me. Call me.

It's simple as that. It has worked for me in the past. :)

Or something along the line: i'm dying to tell you about Bla bla bla but I can't right now.

Iceman
06-12-2007, 06:13 AM
Try to avoid sms conversations. Get her to call you...as miaddict suggested.

I'm a gigantic hypocrit when I say that however, because i hold sms conversations all the time, because I work in an office where I can sms freely but not speak on the phone for more than a minute or so, and the girls I am texting are often in high school or in university lectures, so they can also sms but not talk on the phone.

However if you have the ability to talk on the phone and you continue to sms then thats not a good idea.

stasis
06-12-2007, 06:59 AM
Yeah

Another example of how I think community-minded guys can get messed up by this idea that they must have a perfect response to everything goes like this... I knew a guy who made a post on another forum asking "What do you say when you're lying in bed with a woman after sex and she looks right at you and says 'What are you thinking?' " This is NOT the time for a cocky funny response. She is trying for rapport with you, because she wants to know that the emotional connection you had before sex is not going to disappear now, so why would you punish her?!?!?! Same with some of the responses in this thread like "I was doing fine until you texted me" -- this is just plain assholish and rude, not cocky or funny, but I guess if it's getting you lays...

CardBoardBox
06-24-2007, 06:16 PM
I picked this up from a guy I was out with about a month ago, it seems to always get a laugh in person.

HB - How are you doing?

PUA - If I was doing any better they would arrest me. :D

TrueStory
06-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Try to avoid sms conversations. Get her to call you...as miaddict suggested.

This is a two edged sword and here is why.

You would rather talk to her on the phone IF
You have seductive voice and you can talk like there is no tomorrow.
Pattern/routine guys love phone conversation, because that gives them a better chance to built rapport/attraction with their subtle (verbal) cues

You would rather SMS her instead of calling IF
Your voice isn't sexy or you have poor control over your vocal cords.
Also, if you're not quick-on-the-spot cocky and funny you might want to do it over SMS.
You are bored. If you're bored it will reflect in your voice no matter how much you attempt to change it. But it will never show in SMS (unless you tell her)

Here are the cons and pros of SMS vs. Voice call

SMS
CONS: impersonal,
hard to portray emotions
can be cheese at times
difficult to type and time consuming

PROS: can have multiple conversations
no awkward silences
no obligation to respond right away
creates mystery and suspense
not intrusive
best if bored (in class or work)

Voice CALL
CONS: too much reliance on subtle cues to convey message
having an awkward silence is like throwing a wrench in your game
background noises
risk of falling back to 'interview-like' questions (so where are you from?)

PROS: good way to build rapport/attraction
private and personal (she'll feel more special)
100% attention from her
free to run verbal routines to build more comfort
easier than typing a message
95% delivery (and if you can deliver you'd rather call)

There is no right or wrong way to run phone game. I prefer SMS, but I also prefer calling when I have something good to say

Ment4ll
06-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Her: Hey how are you?
Me: Good, actually I'm about to go sky diving, I just got in the plane brb

Mastermind1
06-29-2007, 10:39 PM
Male/Female No matter the situation: How are you?
Mastermind1: I'm Incredible

If it's a nice looking female and I feel like playing, I look very deeply at her while I responding- then break into a slowly evolving smile or right after my initial response, say: how are you? Of course there's always other improvisation.

-MM1