PDA

View Full Version : Response to beta calling you an asshole?

Masters
12-20-2005, 03:29 PM
If I'm amoging someone and they call me an asshole what's a good response?
The situation: Target + other HB's in group could possibly be sympathetic towards beta if he looks sad or depressed, mainly because he's "cute" and "huggable".
I was thinking:
"Aww.. its alright beta, I still wuv you. C'mere and give me a hug..."

Mayhem
12-20-2005, 03:30 PM
You don't need to AMOG beta's.

Masters
12-20-2005, 03:32 PM
I wasn't the Alpha until I amoged the Beta (Original Alpha).

You don't need to AMOG beta's.

Mayhem
12-20-2005, 03:34 PM
I wasn't the Alpha until I amoged the Beta (Original Alpha).
I don't quite understand.

Hypnovibe
12-20-2005, 03:37 PM
The situation: Target + other HB's in group could possibly be sympathetic towards beta if he looks sad or depressed, mainly because he's "cute" and "huggable".
I was thinking:
first off an Alpha doesnt need to Amog a beta. Second if they called you an ahole its probably because you were not an alpha....you were an ahole. Thats the vibe I am getting....you may benefit from working on a little thing called Charisma...and not coming across like an agressive beta tryin to be an alpha....just a thought

Masters
12-20-2005, 03:38 PM
I don't quite understand.
I entered a group. I amoged the Alpha and thus became the Alpha.
Because I became the Alpha the original Alpha became the Beta. To continue being an alpha while a beta is trying to fight you for your position I continue to amog the beta until at some point he gets ultra sensitive and calls me an asshole. Now, if he hadn't have called me an asshole and just maintained a competitive role everything would be fine. However, this new beta decided to bitch out and take the sympathetic approach at getting attention. The Target of my set could fall for this and the frame can be shifted from me to him.

Masters
12-20-2005, 03:43 PM
A little thing called Charisma huh? Yeah.. thanks I've never heard of that.
I worded my post bad obviously. I wasn't amoging a Beta at first. I continued to amog him after he became the beta because if I hadn't he would have amoged me. No one thought I was an ass until he said something. Kind of like no one thinks you're a beta until the proper line's dropped.
I wasn't being extremely aggressive here or mean. This "alpha" just bitched out in a way I haven't seen before.

first off an Alpha doesnt need to Amog a beta. Second if they called you an ahole its probably because you were not an alpha....you were an ahole. Thats the vibe I am getting....you may benefit from working on a little thing called Charisma...and not coming across like an agressive beta tryin to be an alpha....just a thought

Lothario
12-20-2005, 04:29 PM
He lost control and you got him in your frame.
Use it against him.
While laughing say something like "Dude, don't get youself all worked up about it. Relax. We're all here to have fun. Don't kill our buzz..., Mr. Sensitive."
Turn to your girls and with a lower volume be like "Is he a friend of yours? This guy's attitude is getting kinda creepy."
Eye code them to follow you somewhere else.
~DeVill

Masters
12-20-2005, 04:33 PM
Thank you for the actual advice! :D

He lost control and you got him in your frame.
Use it against him.
While laughing say something like "Dude, don't get youself all worked up about it. Relax. We're all here to have fun. Don't kill our buzz..., Mr. Sensitive."
Turn to your girls and with a lower volume be like "Is he a friend of yours? This guy's attitude is getting kinda creepy."
Eye code them to follow you somewhere else.
~DeVill

Rodzilla
12-20-2005, 04:38 PM
Masters,
Respect. It would help if you ran through the actual dialogue for us...
However, you could easily say, "oh AMOG, come on! give me a hug...where's the love? HB, give amog a hug...group hug!...that reminds me...do you guys believe in spells?...."
and you've super destroyed him, run over him with your frame and captivated the hb's with an interesting story about magic...all while now locking the AMOG out of set.
Now maybe he was with the HB's, in which case, you wouldn't be locking him out, just containing him. But, at the waypoint "So how do you guys all know each other?" you would know this....

mr_brightside
12-20-2005, 04:41 PM
Lothario's advice is spot on... If I'm not mistaken, the "is he your friend?" and the eye code the girls is from Mystery... I put that one in my arsenal but I'm lucky I only get amogged in work but I just remind myself of their girlfriends and how plain they are compared to the girls I attract!
Your friend, mr_brightside

Lothario
12-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Yeah. That part was from either Mystery or TD.

polarize
12-20-2005, 05:24 PM
If this guy was an AMOG, once you beta'd him the proper thing to do was quickly lock him out of the set. Turn your body language towards the group in a way that causes them to not engage him, or simply back-turn him and game the rest of the group. Once he has been shown as beta it's the least you can do to put him out of his misery.

Rodzilla
12-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Masters, was the AMOG part of the set or was he gaming the HB's?

Fader
12-20-2005, 05:29 PM
A little thing called Charisma huh? Yeah.. thanks I've never heard of that.
I worded my post bad obviously. I wasn't amoging a Beta at first. I continued to amog him after he became the beta because if I hadn't he would have amoged me. No one thought I was an ass until he said something. Kind of like no one thinks you're a beta until the proper line's dropped.
I wasn't being extremely aggressive here or mean. This "alpha" just bitched out in a way I haven't seen before.
My response would have been relax bro, it's not that serious. So did you see what happened outside before and boom your into your next routine

Phoenix_mtl
12-20-2005, 05:35 PM
If you have to verbally argue with the "AMOG" then neither of you are AMOGs, you're just douchebags. When AMOG'ing someone, you don't want to look serious. Just say "no tears, man, no tears." Agressive males _hate_ being patronized. Also, when you AMOG a guy once, it doesn't necessarily but you in the AMOG position. If he has tight game the girls might already be drawn to him. You've successfully AMOG'd him when he DHV's. You can't walk up to a set and be like "HA! Look at this guy's shirt!" and then expect to have a massive orgy with three HB11's. You just want to nudge him to to DHV and the important part is to play it cool, and act like you weren't even provoking him, he was just a lower male.

Masters
12-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. The amog was actually with the group so I couldn't take them somewhere else or eject him. Also, that's one of the reasons I was worried about their reaction to him calling me an asshole.
I want to have a quick response if this happens again and you guys have given some good examples.

Rodzilla
12-20-2005, 05:44 PM
Masters,
you have to play the counter puncher in this type of set...run your routines and win him over. So he qualifies to you...if HE alpha's you, THEN you out alpha him back...read the Tyler Durden threads in the Library...that is classic counter AMOG'ing...
You were right to be worried...the HB's are his friends...

Masters
12-20-2005, 05:56 PM
If you have to verbally argue with the "AMOG" then neither of you are AMOGs, you're just douchebags
I wasn't verbally arguing with him. He would pull the attention to himself and I would take it away. I would have the frame and he would try to take it back. This happened smoother than this black and white shit. I wasn't being serious and I was joking around. Like I wrote if you read the above posts before this one, I thought everything was fine and everyone was having a good time. This wasn't a "pick on the alpha" session.

When AMOG'ing someone, you don't want to look serious. Just say "no tears, man, no tears." Agressive males _hate_ being patronized.
This is decent advice.

Also, when you AMOG a guy once, it doesn't necessarily but you in the AMOG position. If he has tight game the girls might already be drawn to him.
Right. So you're saying girls are drawn to alphas? thanks.

You've successfully AMOG'd him when he DHV's. You can't walk up to a set and be like "HA! Look at this guy's shirt!" and then expect to have a massive orgy with three HB11's.
This will be my new line.

You just want to nudge him to to DHV and the important part is to play it cool, and act like you weren't even provoking him, he was just a lower male. This is actual advice. Thank you for the two sentences I quoted as decent, though obvious, advice.
I'm not a master PUA and I'm only seeking some decent responses to that exact line "You're an asshole", which was actually said by him with a stupid smile in that way that people try to "joke" but really mean it. I obviously can't explain this well enough without writing a field report. I'm not going to write a field report on this. So, if you can't just give me a simple line without adding your own "If youre just walking up to the alpha and saying look at the shirt.. hu hu.." crap that I never said, then don't leave advice. Thanks.

Katil
12-20-2005, 09:17 PM
There is a lot of miscommunication here...
After reading all the posts I tend to think that the issue is someone calling you out in a set...This was the AFC's attempt to eject you from the set...in which case I have to agree with the post of reframing and saying "is this your friend...wow...whats up with him???" and then send eye signal the hb's...just reframe it into him being the weird ass and spoiling the fun...
Thats my call...no need to get upset guys... ;)

Fresno Smooth
12-21-2005, 12:05 AM
I was thinking:
simple: "oh? im glad your jealose"
then keep on gaming
you dont have to amog a beta but that would be just funny
i bet the girls would laugh

Rain
12-21-2005, 02:27 AM
I agree with several posts here.
The main thing about AMOGing is that the AMOG eliminates himself. If he called you an asshole, and you were demonstrating proper game, everyone in the set would know that you are not an asshole. If that is the case, then you don't have to do anything to neutralize him, because his comment will appear out of line to the set. He has neutralized himself.
The approaches mentioned above where you express sympathy for him and bring him back to group(and your frame) are appropriate. If you show that you are big enough (ALPHA enough) to let a comment like that slide, the interaction should only get easier. Plus, if you make him feel better by making him the secondary focal point of the set, he won't trouble you any further. By this I mean the group hug thing and like methods. It's one of the early lessons that is tough to recall. You have to seduce the whole group, starting with the competition.
Good luck man.
Oh yeah. I had a similar experience on Halloweeen. Some guy dressed as a cave man decided my teasing some HB9 "wasn't cool." He told me so, right in front of her. It caught me off guard, but in the end, no response was really necessary. The HB teased me right back and led me away from cave-boy by the hand.

IceDragon
12-21-2005, 04:01 AM
I approached a two set in a shopping mall yesterday afternoon. They were standing outside a shop, I just went up to them and asked them to feel my hands, told them some girl in a lotion stall rubbed some 'dead sea salt lotion' on them, and promised me my hands would feel baby soft, I just wanted to find out if she was right . . .
Anyway, I'm not writing a field report here, so I'll get straight to my point.
I was having a laugh with the girls, when this guy came up, stood next to the girls and stared at me. No smiling, nothing. He was a friend of theirs, the guy they were waiting for. My wing, who was standing at the other end of the mall told me he could 'feel the burn'.
I looked at the guy, then winked at the girls. I looked back at the guy and grinned. I said 'hi there', and offered my hand, which he shook. The girls said 'watch out, he's got baby soft skin'.
I said 'hey, this guy's hands are really rough, you know what they say about guys with rough hands?'
The girls were like 'what?!'. I lightly punched the guy in the chest and said 'they've got hearts of gold'. The guy started smiling!
I had stood my ground, and showed that the other guy had no effect on my confidence whatsoever, and had actually won him over.
I hope this helps. Back to the question 'If the guy calls you an asshole'.
Well, in that particular situation, if the guy had called me an asshole (he would have had no reason to), I would probably taken out my handgun have shot him between the eyes (kidding!). Seriously, I probably would have said to the girls 'Did he skip breakfast this morning? He's sooooo grumpy', then I would have continued my game, closed and ejected.

Hypnovibe
12-21-2005, 11:13 AM
I'm not a master PUA and I'm only seeking some decent responses to that exact line "You're an asshole", which was actually said by him with a stupid smile in that way that people try to "joke" but really mean it.
Oh ok.... I thought the girls were calling you an asshole....If it was the guy he was trying to take you down with some AFC methods....you got a lot of ammo now though!!

ranma187
12-21-2005, 12:42 PM
sometimes when you are out with a HB. beta's will wistle and holler.
one cocky and funny response i use is when they say "woah she's hot! how do you do it man?" i say "thanks you should see my other one" (stolen from batman begins)

mr_brightside
12-30-2005, 02:59 PM
I had a similar situation in work. I didn't get called an asshole, but a wanker (just as bad). Anyway, I just thought to myself "whatever" and didn't say anything. I just kept smiling.
Point is, don't get worked up about it, that's afc. Just be a man and don't let it bother you
mr_brightside

maverikk
12-30-2005, 04:07 PM
i find the best tactic is to play it off with a smile and bring him into the situation. stand your ground. beat him with your mind, not open aggression, most girls hate that shit. bring him into the conversation. the lime light often shakes their confidence and the fact that you aren't budging shows him that you will not be bullied.
i've run into several aggresive meatheads over the past few weeks (it didn't help that i was hitting on girls when their boyfriend was right there, d'oh!). some have even lined up to swing at me. i can usually diffuse them with a smile and just explain "...relax buddy, i'm totally not hitting on your girl. i don't know many people here and i'm just looking to have some fun."
in case you missed it, that's a bold faced lie, i'm totally hitting on any girl there that if i really want her, boyfriend or no boyfriend. the guy usually takes it as a mae culpa and the girl becomes interested. she will most likely be on your side and he will sit back and follow. you can still throw out game to her from then on, you just have to be more subtle. and hey, if it doesn't work she will probably at least introduce you to her friends because you are pushing buttons in her.
at least this is what i've countered with in the past few weeks. i'll let you know next week if i still have my teeth...