PDA

View Full Version : Impossible sarge

The Wildcard
05-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Right guys i have confidence but you will understand how dificult this sarge is once i get into it.....
Firstly there is this HB9 that lives round the corner from, however i only see her when shes driving, so i need a way how i can talk to her/stop her, the only way i can think atm is stopping her car, and grinning say hey and take it from there.
All sensible suggestions welcome

-Jason-

"What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Lucifer214
05-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Dive in front of her car or forget her and move on.

lucifer

JohnnyK
05-09-2007, 01:15 PM
dont do the grin thing. run after her car yelling "wait! no!" and when she comes back or you catch up tell her she ran over a poodle. then talk about whatev.

peculiar opening can be the most powerful of attractions. Plus girls are more apt to reinitiate conversation maybe the next week upon seeing a guy who was funny with them than a guy who was giving them some seductive grin, unless your grin is capable of building a deep level of attraction and comfort instantaneously.

Think about what frame is implicit in order for the poodle approach to work. You have a ridiculous approach scenario. dont trouble your mind with the sensible logistics. attack this ridiculously. Thats my advice.

donkeykong123
05-10-2007, 04:34 AM
i was thinking the exact samething here, just take a good dive in front of the car...

BigJayC
05-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Lol, the only way I see this working is flag her car down, knock on her window, and go direct. She'll either say no when you ask for her email (I'd do a quick email exchange on this one and then run standard m3 game) or she'll find it funny, and your confidence will be obvious. Besides...it's just an email, no big deal.

I hope you're gaming other girls as well and not concerned about this one.

Legion5
05-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Right guys i have confidence but you will understand how dificult this sarge is once i get into it.....
Firstly there is this HB9 that lives round the corner from, however i only see her when shes driving, so i need a way how i can talk to her/stop her, the only way i can think atm is stopping her car, and grinning say hey and take it from there.
All sensible suggestions welcome

-Jason-

"What we do in life echoes in eternity"

This thread is full of uncoolness seriously. Also for the guy who said "Just flag her down get her like e-mail and then M3 her!".

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard, you automatically break M3 under those circumstances.

I would just stop by her house, obviously that's easier said than done as it would be difficult to pull off a cool opening here. Furthermore you already violated the 3 second rule, so that almost rules out everything.

-

Either Direct or Indirect as always would equally work with equal input quality. However direct would have a lower entry level and this could be that 1 in 20,000 chance which works.

-

Moving on however in addition to violating the 3 second rule you've given the whole situation a bad frame. Not that I'm implying anything but these are your current avenues. Go for it either way.

BigJayC
05-13-2007, 11:50 PM
This thread is full of uncoolness seriously. Also for the guy who said "Just flag her down get her like e-mail and then M3 her!".

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard, you automatically break M3 under those circumstances.

1. Logistically, do you see another way of opening this?
2. If you've read the VAH, you know you can go direct on one sets.
3. I've field tested going direct for the email, then running a2, and a3 online...it works.

And 4..you're point about stopping by her house...are you joking, or do you really think that would work well? That would make you look like a complete freakshow, and be a lot more direct than a 'spur of the moment' knock on the window, or 'flag down.' That being said, I was half joking about this as everyone knows this is a bit of a ridiculous thread.

Legion5
05-14-2007, 10:08 AM
1. Logistically, do you see another way of opening this? Yes knock on her door.

2. If you've read the VAH, you know you can go direct on one sets.
In my oppinion I feel the implication is that you cannot go direct on group sets, naturally you can go direct or indirect at any time, but it's not M3 to go in direct on a one set, it's just direct game.

This may be nitpicking but I feel it's very important because it's good practice to be consistent. Just because you have the option doesn't mean you should use it.

3. I've field tested going direct for the email, then running a2, and a3 online...it works. So does pretty much anything, but I've heavily reviewed how Mystery runs sets and on the one sets he does run he doesn't do direct explicitly.

From my observations the closest he commes is using the wording of direct just to get into the set but then heavily defusing his own wording after he is already in.

The difference is difficulty with opening vs difficulty in recovering.

There's no doubt that direct will open a set, but it's still going to be equally hard (keep in mind the point is that direct doesn't work at all on groups).

In the end I would not waste my time gaining a huge two second advantage, to even out the flow of the set. The benefit does not outweigh reinventing the wheel.

Besides if you can open a one set completly isolated with an oppinion opener correctly, then you can run ANY set.

No reinventing the wheel. No taking a two second advantage for a subsequent two second difficulty.

Like I said what I've seen Mystery do isn't direct even. It's indirect with a splash of direct enhancment in. This I feel is a great balance, but in my oppinion is a hastle.

Furthermore in addition to my reinventing the wheel/bad practice point, just because direct is the spice to main course, doesn't mean you should sit down at a nice restauraunt and off and start pouring pepper down your throat.

Finally I have a sneaky suspission that a huge portion of the people who digest the info about going direct on a one set, they merely use that as an excuse to run improper game in a set and genuinly do C1 in attraction, instead of pretending to do C1 because obviously such a delivery would naturally conflict with A2 material, therefore scinceerity is trying to do bad game.

My stance is complicated but I feel it's the best approach. Flagging a chick down would definitly constitute being scinceer.

Even Cadmus in his recent thread about going any distance to approach an HB talks about instantly playing it off and how this is difficult but critical.

Does blatantly flagging a chick down imply any implication about playing that same thing off...? I think not.

And 4..you're point about stopping by her house...are you joking, or do you really think that would work well?

I've done it multiple times, my neighborhood is very safe so this possibly creates a difference. However I've done it about 3 or 4 times with and without a wingman. Open the set for an unrelated reason game the daughter, move things forward. I haven't focused on it and fleshed, but it's definitly not needy, so it accomplished everything.

That would make you look like a complete freakshow,
The last time the girl across the hall, or the family 7 houses away asked to borrow a cup of sugar you classified them as freak show? Oh that's calibrated. Weird.

and be a lot more direct than a 'spur of the moment' knock on the window, or 'flag down.' That being said, I was half joking about this as everyone knows this is a bit of a ridiculous thread.

I don't know if the opener with the incorrect frame was entierly a joke, at least I picked it up seriously. Then again you don't see many jokes from others on here.

Keep in mind approaching a chick when she is busy might be more direct than when she is not.

Anyway that was semi funny nice job dude.