PDA

View Full Version : How do you approach mixed sets????

OrNaMent
12-20-2005, 09:06 AM
Hey,
I recently was at the most popular bar at my college. I am very confident approaching all girl sets no matter what the number, but i have yet to do a mixed set....
What openers do you use?
How do you approach it differently, are you as cocky? i know you have to win the guy over before anythng can go with the girl.
How would you isolate? same way??
Ornament's huge sticking point!!

Maverick
12-20-2005, 09:42 AM
What most guys have to realize is that approaching mixed sets is often easier to do than approaching girls alone. As an example - when you approach a 3 set I'll bet you 10 to 1 that they've been approached at LEAST once that night. Your intent is clear and no matter how good you are, the underlying intent that you want to fuck them is still there.
The reason why approaching mixed sets works so well is that SO FEW guys do it. They don't have the balls to or they assume the girls are dating the guys. Have you ever been in a situation where you went to a public gathering with a girl who was JUST YOUR FRIEND? What makes you think anybody else is different. I wouldn't be caught dead in a club w/ my gf's if i was serious about them. Keep in mind that men and women think differently. You will have a MUCH easier time relating to the guys in the group than the girls. You can talk about sports, business, work, hobbies, etc...
If you win over the men, the women will follow.
Hypothetical situation:
You walk up and open a mixed set of 1 guy and two girls. "Hey guys, can i get an opinion on something? My buddy and I are having a debate and you're the perfect ones to settle the score. Is it cheating if your girlfriend goes to a club and makes out w/ another girl?" (you can play around w/ this as much as you want). For whatever reason this gets both guys and girls equally involved. Set a time limit and if thigns are going really well then stay. If not... then leave and re-open them later on.
Sets are 10x easier to open the second time around.
After fluff talk and introductions ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ask how they know each other. You don't want to be gaming someones wife infront of their 6'5 280lb body builder AMOG husband. Odds are that if it's a three set with 1 guy in it at least 1 of the two women are single. If it's a brother and sister and you impress the brother and get on his good side he'll hand his sister over on a silver platter.
The most difficult part of all this is breaking the social conditioning that says you can't approach guys and girls. Some of my best sets have been done this way and it gives you a LOT more material to play with (not to mention having fun AMOGing the guy - LOL)
Cheers.
- Maverick

Rodzilla
12-20-2005, 09:43 AM
Buy the ebook. It covers that.

Random.Samurai
12-20-2005, 12:43 PM
My advice on how to approaching a mixed set?
With balls and complete disregard as to whether or not you'll F-close a girl.
One of the other reasons to approach mixed sets that most people forget about is to gain social proof. Don't exclude the sets with UGs in them: approach, get proof, get out. Do this enough and any real targets in the room are going to start noticing you know everybody. They'll open you.

Hysteria
12-20-2005, 12:59 PM
My signature below in small text outlines my favourite strategy, thanks to Karrelin. LOL
Maverick summarized it very well already, as does the "Venusian Arts Handbook". :)