PDA

View Full Version : How do you get in the zone or social mood?

OrNaMent
12-19-2005, 02:35 PM
Hey,
Iv found a huge part of going out and sarging, and a part that makes or breaks a night is whether your in the mood to do it, and if you really are having fun at the clubs or are just going through the routines.
Iv had trouble finding ways to get in those awesome social states....any tips, what do you guys do? just wing it? or do you somehow get urself pumped up???
I think if we can all get amazing at gettin in our social state our results will be that much better.
-Ornament :cool:

silverback
12-19-2005, 02:45 PM
A simple way to get into a social mood and help reduce "approach anxiety" is to talk to EVERYONE on your way to your ultimate destination. Talk to people all day... in the store... on the street... everywhere. Get used to talking to people! It worked wonders for me.
Good luck.
Silverback

OrNaMent
12-19-2005, 02:51 PM
thanks thats a solid idea...
my current thing to do is grab a large cappucino at starbucks or a coffee place...youd be suprised how much it wakes you up and gets you talking

silverback
12-19-2005, 02:53 PM
thanks thats a solid idea...
my current thing to do is grab a large cappucino at starbucks or a coffee place...youd be suprised how much it wakes you up and gets you talking
Not a bad idea, Starbucks is a great place to meet people. I'm a triple espresso guy myself.

polarize
12-19-2005, 04:11 PM
To amp myself for a new venue, I say hi and make small-talk with at least three people outside a venue (right in front usually) and once I'm inside I open the first set I SEE. Not the first one I "find" or "want", but the first one I see. You would be surprised how many people notice you if you walk in the door and are being social with a group in under 30 seconds.

Lyric
12-21-2005, 01:20 PM
Crack and ecstacy help. But I hear they are bad for your health. ;)

shweeny666
12-21-2005, 01:30 PM
i know
throw your hands up inthe air and shout YES like you have won the olympics
theres something like this on bristol|||||||||

Rodzilla
12-21-2005, 01:40 PM
open a set and kiss close...that will fire you up every time.

shweeny666
12-21-2005, 01:53 PM
he surely means how to get in the mood to open a set and kiss close

OrNaMent
12-21-2005, 02:12 PM
yeah exactly haha...sometimes you just get in that amazing state where you dont even want to talk to one girl because your on fire and itd be a waste...thats the state im talking about, it happens every now and then for me

shweeny666
12-21-2005, 02:27 PM
you wnat to get in the social mood ???
eat walnuts on an empty stomach or just walnuts but they work better on an empty stomach

SOAG
12-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Walnuts, huh? What about a combination of walnuts + coffee?
Oh that reminds me, would someone field test this FTC for me?
"I gotta go soon, it's past my bedtime, HAHA"
Try it while giving off a cocky-funny vibe and only use it as a 2nd time-constraint drop.

shweeny666
12-21-2005, 04:55 PM
LISTEN TO MUSIC
IT DOESNT GET MUCH EASIER
WALNUTS , EXERCISE AND MUSIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ESPECIALLY MUSIC
A HEALTHY DIET HELPS GET YOU PUMPED BY REDUCING YOUR NERVES ASWELL
sorry for shouting

OrNaMent
12-21-2005, 05:20 PM
sounds good, i hope your right about the walnuts...that could be a huge breakthrough :D

shweeny666
12-21-2005, 05:22 PM
and the healthy lifestyle
**walnuts empty stomach**
but confidence comes easily with healthy eating and exercise

Transformernz
12-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Me, i jump out on the floor and boogie on down!
Feel the rhythm, get urself in state, and go for it I say.
Have fun dudes...

TrueStory
12-23-2005, 12:54 AM
Get yourself redbull and vodka. Good mix to get caffeine and help you relax tense muscles.
Force smile on your face. Even if it looks fake, it will force endorphines production in your body.
Talk to a bartender/dj, these people are always upbeat.
Think of funny story....remember a stupid joke. Start laughing. Hard. When your friends start asking WTF? keep laughing. Eventually, they will start smiling or slightly laughing... tell them joke. Even if jokes sucks, they will laugh at it because it's stupid.

Bugsy101
12-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Before I go out I will play some upbeat music, house, garage, drum&bass. and I will phone about 5 or 6 of my friends to get in a talkative mood. The talkative mood is the best mood for gaming. Also I pour myself a drink to help relax. Then Im ready.

LoDit
12-13-2006, 03:22 PM
I find that by talking with someone or my friends for at least 30-1hr before going out will get me in the talkative mood. Also a drink helps calm me down. (not too many, you dont want to be drunk.) As long as you keep talking, and its an upbeat conversation, I also finds this gives me the energy level I need to go out and sarge.

A_Bomb
12-15-2006, 11:58 AM
From a Bio-Psychological point of view, If you strike up a conversation with anybody about anything and "Stick with it", the blood flow to the regions of the brain that control your conversation and where it originates from stays with you for a good while. Don't go too long in between those convos cause biologically speaking that bloodflow will go away. Once you feel that you have "stretched" your brain enough before your big exercise, thats when your "warmed up". Then hurry up and get in there cause all that good stuff you've read and heard about in Mystery's forums won't be at your fingertips anymore!

A_Bomb
12-15-2006, 12:02 PM
you wnat to get in the social mood ???
eat walnuts on an empty stomach or just walnuts but they work better on an empty stomach

From a scientific view, what evidence suggests that the ingredients within walnuts puts you in a social mood?

Jonesy87
12-15-2006, 01:55 PM
Watch lots of stand up comedy, laugh lots, and think about the last time you had a laughing fit (just me? lol) you'll just want more conversations when there; not having a laugh with somebody new is too much of a risk!