PDA

View Full Version : Is Sober really good?

TrueReligioN
02-18-2007, 05:52 PM
I stopped drinking for personal reasons about 3 weeks back. I still go out just as often but find myself drinking Red Bull/Rock Star and water as well. Anyhow I would consider myself a very good PUA. Especially with hired guns. I constantly get numbers every single night out and would say 20% of the time land the number of the hottest girl at the location I am at. I am good looking, have tons of social proof, and have very expensivve things (clothes, Car, etc.) Anyhow all bullshit aside wether you believe any of this or not my problem lies in my soberness. I haven't number closed since I stopped drinking. I find myself a much less fun guy. I am usually the obnoxious guy life of the party which I am definately not anymore now that I am sober. I think my standards are through the roof when I am sober. I go out many places and find myself thinking there is not even one girl there worth talking to. Which leads me to one question. DO you think talking to 6's and 7's and even perhaps an 8 is a DLV when it comes to 9's and above? I find that from my experience sober it seems to have a negative effect talking to the 6's and 7's that are constantly trying to open me. I also think no matter how much I try I cant get to the frame "I dont give a fuck" that I carry when I am drunk and I think that makes me suffer with the super hot chicks. Which brings up my second and main problem. What can I do to get my "A" game back with out resorting to alcohol? Has anyone experienced this and anyone have an idea how I can overcome this personal problem without resorting to going back to drinking again? I have obviously read many of times how much better you can sarge when you are sober but I am starting to heavily disagree with this not to mention I know others that feel the same way about it I do.

dagger
02-18-2007, 06:06 PM
i went through this exact same scenerio this fall and kept a journal:

http://www.theattractionforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26020

i went sober and learned quite a bit about myself and my game. since then my game has vastly improved. it's going to be very difficult to adjust at first and very frustrating, but just as you learned your drunk game you can learn sober game.

stick it out for a while, you'll be surprised what you learn. find support groups and talk to people in these groups. really listen to them and try to understand them; its a life changing experience.

best of luck and take care,

HeroiC
02-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Just keep practicing in your sober state. In order to get really good at this you have to break out of your comfort zone.

AlaskaDan
02-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Man it is hard, the alcohol just makes you so lose and free. Well unless you drink to much that only leads to problems. I think another way to do it is to get yourself in a talkative mode and listen to some music that will get you pumped up. I think for the bar situation just drink anyways. Maybe only have like 3 or 4 to get a bit loose and socializing. But practive the day game sober. I am working on this and it is super hard.

Bullitt
02-18-2007, 10:50 PM
it is true that alcohol is a social lubricant. I think the newbie mission should ideally be executed totally sober. After that, use best judgement. Don't get sloshed. If basic conversation is impossible than game is null and void. But later, after experience and calibration, if girls are buying you drinks why not enjoy.

In the meantime watch your intake if you feel you really want a drink, but some nights, switch it up and drink red bull only, or get some coffee before you go out just to see if those work as good alternatives.

My current experient is taking an exedrin tab 30 minutes before i hit the scene. It's mostly caffeine and it obviously contains no sugar. I hate the sugar crashes you get from high caffeine stuff like dew, mochas, or energy drinks.

Hakone
02-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Alcohol makes you disinhibited. If you're better when you're drunk that means you're uncomfortable with yourself without depending on alcohol. Basically, you need, rely, depend on, and cannot have fun without alcohol. That's basically the problem you have.

Now... does that mean needing alcohol is bad? Nope. People are better one way or another. If you're fine being drunk when you're out, so be it.

Rastotaust
02-19-2007, 10:14 AM
It depends entirely on the environment you are in. Since drinking alcohol is a social thing, and 99.9% of the people you talk to are going to be drinking (in certain environments anyway), I see absolutely nothing wrong with being a little drunk as long as you aren't falling over tables and stuff. The key I think is to be more sober than they are, but if you are too sober sometimes it may be harder to relate, given the environment. If nothing else, at least have a drink in your hand, whether you just sip on it the whole night or whatever.

brilliantpua
02-26-2007, 02:03 AM
I know exactly how you felt.
I was sarging alone for the first time last week, meaning Im my own DD, meaning I can't drink unless I wanna risk getting pulled over for my second DUI. My sober game was pretty weak I must say.
I get numbers almost every night I go out, things are different with sober night game. I can pull on sober day game but not night game.
I think alcohol plays a part in suppressing the inner imp that yells to me "You WILL get blown out and everybody is going to laugh at you" everytime I wanna approach.

After witnessing how grossly discrepant everybody's rating scale is, I have taken the numerical values with a grain of salt. Depends on what your definition of 6s and 7s, they might or might not be a DHV to the 10s.
Having average looking gals gaming you will not hurt your value, but I guess it will do little to DHV to the 10s.

I stopped drinking for personal reasons about 3 weeks back. I still go out just as often but find myself drinking Red Bull/Rock Star and water as well. Anyhow I would consider myself a very good PUA. Especially with hired guns. I constantly get numbers every single night out and would say 20% of the time land the number of the hottest girl at the location I am at. I am good looking, have tons of social proof, and have very expensivve things (clothes, Car, etc.) Anyhow all bullshit aside wether you believe any of this or not my problem lies in my soberness. I haven't number closed since I stopped drinking. I find myself a much less fun guy. I am usually the obnoxious guy life of the party which I am definately not anymore now that I am sober. I think my standards are through the roof when I am sober. I go out many places and find myself thinking there is not even one girl there worth talking to. Which leads me to one question. DO you think talking to 6's and 7's and even perhaps an 8 is a DLV when it comes to 9's and above? I find that from my experience sober it seems to have a negative effect talking to the 6's and 7's that are constantly trying to open me. I also think no matter how much I try I cant get to the frame "I dont give a fuck" that I carry when I am drunk and I think that makes me suffer with the super hot chicks. Which brings up my second and main problem. What can I do to get my "A" game back with out resorting to alcohol? Has anyone experienced this and anyone have an idea how I can overcome this personal problem without resorting to going back to drinking again? I have obviously read many of times how much better you can sarge when you are sober but I am starting to heavily disagree with this not to mention I know others that feel the same way about it I do.