PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Advice

Joho
02-11-2007, 04:06 PM
Okay. I've been gaming this girl at work off and on. Since this is the first time I've really tried to game a girl (consciously at least). I'm just looking for some confirmations here so that I know I'm getting things and I'm understanding things from the community and the MM correctly.

- I've been trying to neutrilize obsticles (the co-workers in my department) by telling stories demonstrating higher value. This particular one is true about me finding a girl with hypothermia and not dressed for the weather while on a hike I was doing and how I dealt with it. In one such story she interupted when she was working about 10 feet away from me another another co-worker. She was listening in and interupted asking questions like What happened to her? and stuff like that?

This is where I'm a little confused. I'm assuming this is a congruence test, or is it an IOI? Or both?

If its an IOI that would put me in what...A2, right? And if its a congruence test that would put me somewhere in A3???

Thanks for the advance help!

Joho

Crooked
02-11-2007, 04:23 PM
This isn't the answer you're looking for but you're overanalyzing the situation too much. Obviously you she was interested and you had her hooked but you should be looking to just let it flow. Don't try to rationalize every statement or question the girl makes.

When you start analyzing each interaction and trying to figure out where you're at in A/C/S then it could interfere with your success.

Joho
02-11-2007, 04:36 PM
You're right. I am overanalyzing it, but I'm trying to deconstruct the model so that I better understand everything.

le sigh. I guess that's something else I have to change about myself. I'm naturally an analytical person. I think of everything in terms of sequences, steps, processes, protocals and triggers. I find it hard to transition to another step or sequence when I don't know enough about the triggers and know the signs.

Like at work I do a process called spin-welding at first I was nervous about it and had trouble until someone told me what to look for and the indicators that I had a good spin and a seal. Now, just three weeks after learning I'm as good or better than the guys who've been doing it for years and there's little difference between our work other than the amount of time it takes.

MikeNYC
02-11-2007, 09:19 PM
you need to take that willingness to proactively game girls and apply it to cold approaches.

work is for work. you will or proly already messed this interaction up. there is no such thing as gaming a girl off and on. you either game her or you dont.

this is your first time gaming a girl so that means your really new. new guys should really get in the field and start embarrassing themselves (this is how its going to be at first) everyday to build balls of steal as a foundation.

srly stop focusing on gaming at work. what if you weird this girl out? you have to work with her.

Legion5
02-12-2007, 01:23 AM
Okay. I've been gaming this girl at work off and on. Since this is the first time I've really tried to game a girl (consciously at least). I'm just looking for some confirmations here so that I know I'm getting things and I'm understanding things from the community and the MM correctly.

- I've been trying to neutrilize obsticles (the co-workers in my department) by telling stories demonstrating higher value. This particular one is true about me finding a girl with hypothermia and not dressed for the weather while on a hike I was doing and how I dealt with it. In one such story she interupted when she was working about 10 feet away from me another another co-worker. She was listening in and interupted asking questions like What happened to her? and stuff like that?

This is where I'm a little confused. I'm assuming this is a congruence test, or is it an IOI? Or both?

If its an IOI that would put me in what...A2, right? And if its a congruence test that would put me somewhere in A3???

Thanks for the advance help!

Joho

In terms of IOI's they need to flow towards you like a river, not just randomly apprear, if you are nurturing them to the point where they spontaniously erupt from her consistently (3 times), you go into A3. A2 is where you are once you've established the fact you aren't invested in the conversation and are busy, and you acheive normal conversation.

If you can talk about sports or whatever with her you are in A2, it's funny because a lot of people actually CAN'T have a normal conversation with others.

Anyway it's actually a shit test and an IOI. It's rude to interupt people, but it means that she likes you in the moment.

Like I said your goal is to make that "moment" consistent, and to turn her shit tests around too (which detract from her being in the moment).

Joho
02-12-2007, 12:56 PM
Okay thanks for the advice so far. I know I've had other IOIs from her. At least 3 that I know of and there are maybe 2 or 3 other onces that could be IOIs but I don't know.

I'm going to take a huge leap of faith and ask her to join me for a coffee sometime before or after work.