PDA

View Full Version : Photo routine using an iPod Photo... yes or no?

Hysteria
12-18-2005, 11:19 PM
I'm currently in the market for a portable MP3 player to replace my old CD/MP3 player. I got around to thinking about the high-capacity harddrive-based players that have a photo displaying capability, like the Apple iPod Photo or the Creative Zen MicroPhoto, for example.
Has anyone tried this form of high-tech photo routine? I can fit the player in my pocket for portability but can't fit a stack of traditional 4x6-inch photographs anywhere on me. The player's screen is small, forcing you and your target to really get in close to view the photos properly. I see the same thing happening when I show people the pictures that are stored on my digital camera since the screen is also very small here.
The lock-in prop value would be HUGE considering you're entrusting the girl with such an expensive prop, compared to a stack of traditional photographs, feather boa, hat, pen, etc. Plus, these things are so cool and stylish looking that it is alluding to your value without you actually bragging that you can afford expensive toys like photo/video-MP3 players.
Your thoughts? I was going to buy just a straightforward MP3 player like the Creative Zen Micro but may opt for the more expensive photo version just to try out a high-tech take on the classic photo routine to see if it will work.

Fader
12-24-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm currently in the market for a portable MP3 player to replace my old CD/MP3 player. I got around to thinking about the high-capacity harddrive-based players that have a photo displaying capability, like the Apple iPod Photo or the Creative Zen MicroPhoto, for example.
Has anyone tried this form of high-tech photo routine? I can fit the player in my pocket for portability but can't fit a stack of traditional 4x6-inch photographs anywhere on me. The player's screen is small, forcing you and your target to really get in close to view the photos properly. I see the same thing happening when I show people the pictures that are stored on my digital camera since the screen is also very small here.
The lock-in prop value would be HUGE considering you're entrusting the girl with such an expensive prop, compared to a stack of traditional photographs, feather boa, hat, pen, etc. Plus, these things are so cool and stylish looking that it is alluding to your value without you actually bragging that you can afford expensive toys like photo/video-MP3 players.
Your thoughts? I was going to buy just a straightforward MP3 player like the Creative Zen Micro but may opt for the more expensive photo version just to try out a high-tech take on the classic photo routine to see if it will work.
I think this is a great idea. I have archos that i use for the exact same thing.

pickupg33k
12-24-2005, 08:38 PM
The lock-in prop value would be HUGE considering you're entrusting the girl with such an expensive prop, compared to a stack of traditional photographs, feather boa, hat, pen, etc.
Just make sure she doesn't steal it.