PDA

View Full Version : Phone anticipation

Rastotaust
01-15-2007, 07:47 PM
The whole concept of phone game is probably my worst enemy right now. I don't think it's necessarily that I'm doing it wrong, but moreso that the anticipation and the waiting and wondering why they don't answer or call back just makes me crazy at times (even if I am somewhat indifferent about the girl, I become very NOT indifferent when I feel I'm being avoided). I understand how phone game is handled for the most part, as I have read Sinn and TenMagnet's essays pretty thoroughly.

One thing that really stuck out and surprised me in reading up on phone game is the persistency of calling before giving up. To me, this is a new concept, as in the past I have always given up after just 2 or 3 tries. However, I am more than willing to heed their advice, as they obviously know what they're talking about.

Does anyone else have pride issues when it comes to calling/texting a girl repeatedly before she returns it? It's not like I'm in a big hole right now, but whenever I do get there I always seem to lose composure and get down on myself when I DO get ahold of her. All these thoughts run through my head such as "She didn't pick up her phone for a reason" or "She is with another guy" or "you messed up your chances with her when you said that AFC comment" or worst of all, "you are annoying her with your phone calls; she doesn't want to talk to you"...all these thoughts often stack up and end up affecting the outcome.

With all the tactics used to attracting women, there are sure a heck of a lot of things women can do to make men crazy and want them more. Not answering or returning calls for me is definitely one of them. :confused:

Sinn
01-16-2007, 11:54 AM
I have this too...

It drives me nuts when I have to wait for a girl to return calls or texts! Especially when it's a girl I like.

I know that calling or texting more than once a day, CAN lead to the girl thinking that you are needy and wrecking your set. So you have to have some self restraint. Yes it's annoying, but you will live. And you will get have A LOT more options with women by calling them consistently, rather than taking the long standing community doctrine of calling once and then nexting the girl.

Remember guys, girls are people too and they have a life outside of meeting you. It doesn't mean anything if she doesn't return a call or text, it might just mean she's busy.

S

XAV
01-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Does anyone else have pride issues when it comes to calling/texting a girl repeatedly before she returns it? :confused:

here. same thing: i call if she doesnt pick up, i leave a message if she doesnt answer the message ill text... the text is bullshit and texting is lame...so i feel like shit and that i messed it up... so i never call again... BUT: this happened to me two times: did my oh so similar scenario...called, screwd it...never called again.... then by chance met them on the campus (its a big one) months later ... went on an instant date and things worked perfectly.

now..

maybe she liked me and i shouldve called more persistently?? anyway, phonegame is a bitch. although im always on the phone w/ pll i kno, knew girls: its just a bitch..

think i need Sinn to teach me..

XAV

Charma
02-20-2007, 10:50 PM
I have this too...

It drives me nuts when I have to wait for a girl to return calls or texts! Especially when it's a girl I like.

I know that calling or texting more than once a day, CAN lead to the girl thinking that you are needy and wrecking your set. So you have to have some self restraint. Yes it's annoying, but you will live. And you will get have A LOT more options with women by calling them consistently, rather than taking the long standing community doctrine of calling once and then nexting the girl.

Remember guys, girls are people too and they have a life outside of meeting you. It doesn't mean anything if she doesn't return a call or text, it might just mean she's busy.

S

This seems like great advice actually. How long are you typically waiting after a number close to call her. There's a lot of hoopla on if the girl shows really high interest, wait 4 days, if its low, wait 2, etc. What is your experience with waiting times and how it affected things as far as the initial call after your number closes?

ware_ru
02-20-2007, 11:51 PM
This seems like great advice actually. How long are you typically waiting after a number close to call her. There's a lot of hoopla on if the girl shows really high interest, wait 4 days, if its low, wait 2, etc. What is your experience with waiting times and how it affected things as far as the initial call after your number closes?

whoa dude. you call the very next day, ALWAYS. Standard community practice. Sometimes even the same night to tuck her into bed. I see you only have 2 posts so I'll forgive you this time;)

soul_raj
02-21-2007, 12:07 AM
phone game is sometimes something i pride myself on. I never call the next day - i would call the same night if i was instant dating, but only in that circumstance.
Calling so soon after has never apealed to me nor has it worked. Sinn is real champ and all although in this one case i dont think its neccessary to stick so closly to his advise...

TheWeddingCrasher
02-21-2007, 12:34 AM
I have this too! Its horrible!!!! I have SUPER strong game in person and whatnot.... but... If I send a text and dont get a response, it kills me and I always find myself sending "????" or something lame... or if i call and dont get an answer, ill call back an hour later. I hate myself for it sometimes but its sooo hard not too... I'm a big control freak and I feel a lack of power when I dont get responses or returned calls etc.

Any suggestions... its pretty bad because even my close friends that are girls, ill do the same thing... Um... And how often should I call someone I'm interested in if I met them though a friend and we are friends though friends or we only talk every so often?

Gvision
05-10-2007, 01:36 PM
I have the same EXACT issue.

like i cant concentrate on my other tasks thinking what the heck happened?!

Lucifer214
05-10-2007, 02:05 PM
It's in your head. The great thing about texting is that they can answer at their leisure, which is simultaneously the worst thing about it, because it may take a day or more for them to get back to you. But who cares? Let it go. If she's interested, she'll call or text you back.

It used to bother me too, and I still find that when I get close to someone it bothers me if they don't respond right away. But you just have to get over it. Call and leave a message or send a text, and then forget about it. Go on about your day. If the way your day goes depends on the response to that message, you're in a bad place anyway, and you need to change that.

lucifer

Gvision
05-10-2007, 02:54 PM
I think this has much deeper and has to do with inner game. and being self validating.

but this is big ordeal for me for girls i especially like.

like im having a hard time gaming these 2 hb9's, and it frustrates me

ill call them HB-Snorter and HB-BritneySpears

pistyll
05-19-2007, 10:02 PM
i have the same thing b4 calling. but it really helps if you can have a picture of some1 in front of you that you have had success with. or just have a picture of some1 ugly to cool your nerves. haha

Gvision
05-19-2007, 10:41 PM
imagine her taking the fattest shit

StreetBreed
05-29-2007, 10:56 AM
the text is bullshit and texting is lame...

Right, but as much as I hate phone game, I can say this: TEXTING IS GOLD. It is your back door to her.

First why I hate phone game - because for me it's a DLV by the stupid bitches, because they think they are hooking you, while they are rather alienating you. I would have absolutely no regrets dumping a girl that played phone game on me.

Then the solution - TEXTING. I believe in natural phone calls, but then again the natural game is for natural girls, the bitches in U.S. are mostly flaky phone-gamish A.D.D. girls. They would not pick up the phone or return your calls, but you can GO UNDER THE RADAR and use TEXTING. In fact they seem to be much more comfortable texting - I think that's insecurity / immature teenage stuff / bitch shields / need for personal space / whatever... but texting is usually easier for them.

In fact, technically texting indeed IS easier, like chatting on the net,and it's easier to come up with C/F messages - so as I see it, texting is a necessary phase before you go to phone calls. I have noticed higher hook-up ratio when I first text the girls.

Rastotaust
05-30-2007, 02:43 PM
If you don't like texting, get over it. Texting these days is more popular than talking on the phone with a lot of girls now.

If you don't believe me, ask them. Actually, it's a great opener. "Excuse me, my friend dave here was calling this girl, but instead of returning his calls, she ALWAYS texts him instead. Why do so many girls text nowadays?!"

Gvision
06-20-2007, 09:33 PM
The best way to not get phone anticipation is to have at least 3 girls that you have completely hooked

right now i have one girl completely hooked, texted her 3 hours ago, no reply, it was a "push-pull" sort of text. so i'm getting the dreaded "phone anticipation" thing, it really sucks. Im kind of frustrated thinking why she didn't get back to me. i guess the only way to get rid of it to realize that your the shit, and u don't care about her. but right now thats hard for me to internalize.

StreetBreed
06-21-2007, 06:49 PM
The best way to not get phone anticipation is to have at least 3 girls that you have completely hooked

right now i have one girl completely hooked, texted her 3 hours ago, no reply, it was a "push-pull" sort of text. so i'm getting the dreaded "phone anticipation" thing, it really sucks. Im kind of frustrated thinking why she didn't get back to me. i guess the only way to get rid of it to realize that your the shit, and u don't care about her. but right now thats hard for me to internalize.

For cases like that and avoiding phone anticipation I recommend my Phone Game Points System:

http://wwv.theattractionforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=266941#post266941

It's not like a "miracle" for having the best phone game - the biggest benefit from it is not the calculations or points, but realizing the rules, that you "score" when you hook girls and when you avoid getting hooked. Plus the game frame makes it fun and you know it's nothing personal, just a game that girls play too, so you stay detached of the phone anticipation and focus on guy's stuff like a game and points.

Rastotaust
07-04-2007, 08:01 AM
For cases like that and avoiding phone anticipation I recommend my Phone Game Points System:

http://wwv.theattractionforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=266941#post266941

It's not like a "miracle" for having the best phone game - the biggest benefit from it is not the calculations or points, but realizing the rules, that you "score" when you hook girls and when you avoid getting hooked. Plus the game frame makes it fun and you know it's nothing personal, just a game that girls play too, so you stay detached of the phone anticipation and focus on guy's stuff like a game and points.

That's seriously a great frame to have. I'm going through this crap right now (again) and it's driving me nuts.

As cavalier as it may sound, I'm realizing that it's best to view girls as objects rather than people when it comes to this. You shouldn't consider them more than objects until they have given that to you.

Bobby Dazzler
07-05-2007, 12:01 AM
Guy's,
Rastotaust has the right idea.

You can't think of the girl's your gaming as these special people.It will fuck you up big time.

Its just a game.Your gonna win,your gonna lose.

The hard part is when you like them.Holding your frame is key.
Peace.

Gvision
07-05-2007, 12:58 PM
again... it happens

i had to flake on a girl for a day4, and wanted to reschedule, but she has not responded, and i;m dwelling on it. damn this phone anticipation!!! i need to go do some stuff and self validate my self. im going to go the the gym