PDA

View Full Version : Isolating without a wing

OrNaMent
12-18-2005, 03:34 PM
Hey guys.
I can reach a hook point successfully in most sets. I need a wing though, i feel thats held me back a little.
Heres my question, how do i isolate successfully without a wing. I am a college student and girls go out in groups with their serority sisters so it is tough stuff. Dont you feel awkward saying "can i borrow your friend for a minute?"
maybe not...but the girls are suprised by this.
any suggestions?/
Thanks

Crux
12-18-2005, 03:47 PM
You can use that isolation line in any case besides a 2 set. A wing can add benefit to any set greater then a 2 set, but is NEEDED for a 2 set. If you try to isolate in a 2 set with no wing, that leaves one of the girls alone.

metalbox80007
12-19-2005, 11:43 AM
True about the 2 set but if it is a 3 set or more, if the target makes a comment you are to challenge her by walking right up to her, face to face, then take another step and a half forward. This move will isolate her but she is still within the reach of her friends, then start building rapore.

Masters
12-19-2005, 11:51 AM
No wing = play the entire room.
I haven't done this yet so I'm just speaking from what I've heard of guys like Mystery doing.
Enter room, approach an easy set with no intention of closing anything. Make friends with that set and take them to your next set. Combine sets and distract the target set enough with routines and lines to where you can isolate your target without sending up flags that you're kidnapping their friend. Also have a reason to isolate her and set a time frame for how long youre going to be gone. "Hey I'm taking Cindi with me to the bar to get a drink. I'll have her back in a few minutes".
I haven't field tested this... I'm just stating the general idea for you to think about. :D

Hey guys.
I can reach a hook point successfully in most sets. I need a wing though, i feel thats held me back a little.
Heres my question, how do i isolate successfully without a wing. I am a college student and girls go out in groups with their serority sisters so it is tough stuff. Dont you feel awkward saying "can i borrow your friend for a minute?"
maybe not...but the girls are suprised by this.
any suggestions?/
Thanks

Fader
12-24-2005, 05:04 PM
You can use that isolation line in any case besides a 2 set. A wing can add benefit to any set greater then a 2 set, but is NEEDED for a 2 set. If you try to isolate in a 2 set with no wing, that leaves one of the girls alone.
I always get stuck playing 1 on 2 anyone have any suggestions for that (obviosuly besides wings)