PDA

View Full Version : Bad case of One-Itis...Trying to Get Over it...

Knicksflyhigh
12-22-2006, 12:34 PM
Anyways hey guys I met this girl about 2-3 months ago in one of my college classes and got her number on the first day I met her and we started off studying to gether( A lot... more than was needed to cover material). Seemed like she liked to talk to me a lot and tell me things. Anyways I was convinced there was an attraction right away and was secretly intimidated because she was really attractive.

Anyways she aske dme to lunch a couple times and then we stopped talking as much and we started again and anyways I asked her out at the end of the semester after classes were over (over text which was not good I don't think... but did it nevertheless) She didn't answer right away so I sent her a text with a cocky funny remark and then she said sounds good let me know when( I asked her out on a basis for when I return to town after leaving town for a week.) As I was headin 2 the gym I just texted her quickly to find out her plans for the wknd and see if she was free and never heard from her since... This was yesterday. I know it's stupid and it's just one girl and most of you will probably think I am wasting my time even thinking about it, but there was just something about this girl, be it her incredible looks or intelligence or just something can't put my finger on.

Anyways there's a little more here and there to the story but she was giving me IOI's about a couple months ago and I never acted then which was also stupid but I at least did it eventually,

but now I am upset because I haven't heard from her and I don't want to call her and give her power because that would mean I would want to contact her more than she does me... Anyways any help would be great... Thanks guys.

-Fly High

miaddict
12-22-2006, 12:53 PM
but now I am upset because I haven't heard from her and I don't want to call her and give her power because that would mean I would want to contact her more than she does me... Anyways any help would be great... Thanks guys.

The problem, as i see it is,
You are obviously in LJBF zone. She may have found you attractive at first and sent you those precious IOIs but you never returned them, you never escalated when you could have and now you believe you should not give her the power?

she was giving me IOI's about a couple months ago and I never acted then which was also stupid but I at least did it eventually,

You SOI? What ensures? heavy make-out, hand holdings in public? If none,

You are still in LJBF zone. Get over being upset. It may sound very harsh, but it is possible she only cares about you as a friend OR you are just being impatient coz she may have other things more important to do. Both scenarios are bad for you. Who would want to be with a nice guy who has a crush on her but never had the balls to make a move(at the right time)? How many times did i heard women tell me that they wish some men had more balls to come talk to them, to be open about their feelings, to reciprocate the AIs)?

What to do? Spend less time with her, get rid of one-itis, and when you've experienced other women in the field, then you can come back to game her like a normal person.

but there was just something about this girl, be it her incredible looks or intelligence or just something can't put my finger on.

It's love? or you are elevating her to the enviable position of The Perfect Woman?

Spread the Christmas Spirit

Knicksflyhigh
12-22-2006, 01:01 PM
interesting... Addict the IOI's did not involve her holding my hand and we never made out. You are more correct and in a way I know most of what you told me about not having "the balls" to ask her out or make a move and just flat out be honest. You are right that was my fault. I guess I could be elevating her and it probably isn't love... more just infatuation I am sure. However, I do not know why it seems like it is hard to let go. I am sure the main problem is I have not been gaming enough and opening enough sets for a while now because I thought things were going to pan out. What does LJBF stand for again I forgot and SOI. Sorry that's probably a stupid question as well but I appreciate your help.

Let me tell you something about when I asked her out at first as well. When she texted me tellin me something about after the semester being over and everything i texted her back responding, then I asked her what she is doing this winter break and she told me and I made a little joke and then she asked what I am doing so I told her that I am going away for a week or so and wanted to see if she wants to do something when I get back. She did not answer right away so I sent her a text saying you can say no lol I am a tough guy I can take it haha (trying to be cocky funny). She responded saying she was at this bar/restaurant and I said thats cool let me know 2moro if u want to. She rights back sounds good let me know when and I left it at that. That was a week and a half ago (last monday). When I texted her for her plans that was last nite (thurs nite.) Anyways I am going to start integrating myself back in the game and going out more again to get back into it and try and forget and get more experience (I'm 20). Anyways that about sums that part up ...
Thanks again.
-Fly High

miaddict
12-22-2006, 01:15 PM
i make it a rule not to reply more than twice to an one-itis thread.

for LJBF and SOI, i think it's in the common acronyms section of the FORUM FAQ. Read it.

Infatuation/unrequite love is always hard to let go. I am not questioning that.
You are needy, she's the prize. you know where you screwed up. she's being friendly.

Knicksflyhigh
12-22-2006, 09:58 PM
yah I guess, but I still don't understand why she said yes, I even gave her the out to say no if she wanted to as I wrote...

Vincent Chase
12-23-2006, 12:40 AM
She's over you, get over her.

Crooked
12-23-2006, 03:54 PM
i make it a rule not to reply more than twice to an one-itis thread.

for LJBF and SOI, i think it's in the common acronyms section of the FORUM FAQ. Read it.

Infatuation/unrequite love is always hard to let go. I am not questioning that.
You are needy, she's the prize. you know where you screwed up. she's being friendly.

as a general rule i think you should also post the persistance picture to help get your point across.

Tyler Junior
12-23-2006, 05:25 PM
Enough said. Dude, move on. Its for the best.

ps; maybe you should join a boy band? She´ll come back to you if you do. And guess what`? You guys would still be friends.

How does that make you feel?

JUST LET GO...

TJ

Knicksflyhigh
12-24-2006, 11:04 AM
I guess you guys are right... I will move on and get back into it and get over it by getting 10 new chicks, but still it is kinda strange she DID say yes a week ago and I could always call just to ask what the deal is and who knows what the response is I guess it's up to me but I will get over it very soon you guys are correct...

Vincent Chase
12-24-2006, 05:56 PM
If IWY, I'd hold onto her as a buddy you can go out with. Showing up with a chick on your arm, is like walking in a car dealership with a "Money is No Object" sign. Just like car salesman, chicks'll be all over you, man.