PDA

View Full Version : Wingman Too Successful

DoublePoppa
11-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Im relatively new to the game this is my first post. Ive been friends with my current wingman for 7 years or so. Hes a natural who I introduced to the community and has only become stronger for it. Im progressing but i guess my question is: Does anyone have suggestions on ways to keep from being overshadowed, to better work together because right now its almost like were competing and im often left feeling second best even if i did well.

miaddict
11-02-2006, 07:05 PM
Read Wingman rules. Rehearse before you sarge. Use code language to notify which one is your target so that you don't fight for the same ones.
Either you are the wingman in a set, or he is.
If neither of you is acting in a wingman role, then he is the AMOG.
A strong wingman is not a handicap. If he can open sets faster, you can reap the benefits with less effort.
You should be competing with yourself, more than with him. If not, ask yourself - how can I up my game to his level?
Get another wingman who is willing to follow the rules you two have agreed upon.
Competition is not bad in itself. It makes you stronger, wittier and get a faster game. But you would get competition from other guys and PUAs anyway. What you don't want is to get an enemy from a good friend.
Dialogue is key to resolving problems with your wingman.

iampeacocked
11-02-2006, 07:21 PM
I agree with miaddict. The thing that happens a lot, and that I have experienced, is that, as also mentioned by the ost above, both PUAs go after the same target. It has happened to me. I would be sarging, and in playful competition my wing will sarge her too. What ended up happening is that my wing and I, instead of raising value for each other, would actually AMOG the hell out of each other.
That makes the gir confused because you approached the set together, yet now you two are competing for their attention?
Just make up a set of rules to follow with your wingman, and make sure you, and HE, sticks up to it!

aafc
11-02-2006, 07:43 PM
unless you're competing for the same girls, his game makes no difference to yours, in fact as miaddict mentions it could make your game easier if he's opening up sets you both can work.
that one little rule (whoever opens the set owns it) can clear everything up quite easily - if he's opened a set, dont rain on his parade by walking up and competing over the girl he obviously wants, go for her friend if you think she's attractive, otherwise help your wing out as you're able, then find your own set. if he's amoging you on your own sets, call him on it, if he's into the community he should understand that there are rules to abide by, it just helps everyone out.
recently i winged on these 2 girls my buddy hooked us up with - he went for the cuter one (unsurprisingly) i respected him for bringing the girls around and went for the only-slightly-less attracive one, and guess what? i closed mine, he didn't. (actually, if he *had* closed, it really would have been much better for both of us)
also i recently took a friend out specifially to help him find a girl (he's not into the community at all, but sees me with lots of girls and assumed i could help him) i basically played cupid for him, and guess what? the 2 set i opened for us, we both number closed. karma is good.
but i'm digressing. i think the wing rules can make this a non-issue, and since he's down with the mm and you introduced him to it, he's shouldn't have a problem with the guidelines for this, they're pretty simple.

legonz
11-02-2006, 07:48 PM
If he's following the rules of gaming (namely, "the wing ALWAYS takes out the non-target"), then you should have no issue.

zackalack
11-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Don't blame the fact that you have been unsuccessful on the fact that he is highly successful, if anything the fact that you are with him and he is being successful is social proof for you. Enjoy yourself, don't worry about the game in set, the point is to internallize it. You should be able to have more fun with your wing than you could with any HB in the place. Or at least make it seem that way. You guys are supposed to give off the impression that you are great friends, not two guys who just learned game and compete over a girl. Use code to indicate which girl is the target, it doesn't even have to make sense, girls are completely illogical. you could say that girl is the dreamweaver. who cares? it doesn't matter, but don't cockblock your wing, he will be one of your greatest keys to success(unless you can find a pivot). Don't get too aggravated if he fucks up. People make mistakes. My friend always gets really angry when I fuck up which just blows both of us out and doesn't allow you to have fun. Memorize the wing rules.

DoublePoppa
11-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the advice. I had read the rules before but had yet to share them with him. I think that should help.