PDA

View Full Version : ZG drops the ball big time, blows a sure thing!!!

Zero_Game
10-31-2006, 10:24 AM
Saturday night I went to a Halloween party and I wasn't there five minutes when this girl I knew from high school, we'll call her Stacy, starts throwing herself at me. She has always been friendly and I haven't seen her for years but now she's throwing so many IOI's at me I practically had to duck. She's dressed as a naughty little school girl and looks really hot!
I go to get a drink and when I come back from the bar she's waiting for me. She suggests a bounce for later, "Hey we're going to this bar at about midnight you totally have to come". Then another girl I know comes up to us and asks me if I still have my foosball table. Stacy starts to tell me how she'll kick my butt in foosball and that we have to play. Could I have a better excuse for going back to my place? We talk a little more and I tell her "hey I'm going to go mingle a little I'll get back to you later". As I'm turning around to walk away I see this dejected look on her face out of the corner of my eye. I knew I had just blown a sure thing. I didn't see her again the rest of the night.
The problem was I had just gotten to the party and I'm so use to pushing myself to talk to as many women as possible and running sets where I have to create attraction. It's like being a hunter who is used to stalking his prey and all of the sudden a deer walks up and says "hey, fucking shoot me"
It totally caught me off guard, I haven't had a woman throw herself at me like that in a long time. Her buying temp was really high and I'm sure some other asshole swooped in and took advantage of it.
I guess this thread is more me bitching than really asking a question.

adamm411
10-31-2006, 10:59 AM
I've been in plenty of situations like this, I regret to say. The thing is, I really think this stems from inner game issues. If you have the frame of: "I'll be damn lucky to score tonight," then a girl throwing herself at you is going to seem like a bizarre anomaly, and you won't know how to handle it. If you take the opposite frame: "every woman thinks I'm hot," you run with it.
Also, it seems like you are running game in a dogmatic, mechanical fashion: "let me warm up and talk to x number of chicks before I actually try to hook one." Mystery Method or structured routines are like training wheels (positive spin) or a crutch (cynic's spin, lol) until you begin to trust your intuition. If a girl is ready, she's ready. She's not consulting the manual, so why should you?
But don't beat yourself up, brother. There's always another weekend. Your experience is a gem of knowledge encouraging you to trust your vibe more.

Should I have just taken my gift and ran with it?

Zero_Game
10-31-2006, 11:18 AM
I've been in plenty of situations like this, I regret to say. The thing is, I really think this stems from inner game issues. If you have the frame of: "I'll be damn lucky to score tonight," then a girl throwing herself at you is going to seem like a bizarre anomaly, and you won't know how to handle it. If you take the opposite frame: "every woman thinks I'm hot," you run with it.
I agree it does stem from inner game issues. It's not that I consider a woman throwing herself at me a bizarre anomaly, this was a social circle setting and I haven't been in that enviroment for a little while.

Also, it seems like you are running game in a dogmatic, mechanical fashion: "let me warm up and talk to x number of chicks before I actually try to hook one." Mystery Method or structured routines are like training wheels (positive spin) or a crutch (cynic's spin, lol) until you begin to trust your intuition. If a girl is ready, she's ready. She's not consulting the manual, so why should you?
I don't think running warm up sets is dogmatic or mechanical. It helps me get into the groove. I'm not as structured as my post may have seemed. I got caught off guard, and I fucked up.

But don't beat yourself up, brother. There's always another weekend. Your experience is a gem of knowledge encouraging you to trust your vibe more.
good advice

MagazineWriter
10-31-2006, 11:20 AM
It's happened to every single guy who's interacted with women. Just learn from this. Peace, bro.