PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather...

Evolution
10-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Here's something I've been doing recently to spice up convesations. I call them "would you rathers", though I probably didn't think of this first. Whenever the conversation is lagging, just throw out "Would you rather..." and give two choices.
Some examples I've been using:
- Would you rather have a really saggy butt or really saggy breasts?
- Would you rather have huge lips or huge ears?
- Would you rather have huge watermelon sized boobs or little mosquito bites?
- Would you rather have a watermelon sized head, or a peanut-sized head?
- Who would you rather fight Paris Hilton or Britney Spears?
- Would you rather do incest or gay sex?
- Would you rather be called a bitch or a slut?
- Would you rather have really hairy boobs, or a really hairy ass?
These are really easy to make up, even on the fly, but think about it yourself first so you have your own interesting response ready.
I suppose you could make it into a formal game if you want.. let's call it I dunno.. how about "Would you rather..."... maybe go back and forth like the question game if you're good at improvising. Personally I like to just throw these out at random.
There's a whole website full of these, which I don't think I'm allowed to name.. it's exactly what you'd think it would be. These are easy enough to make up, but it's good for inspiration, and it even has some clever responses and discussions of some of the more popular ones.
I tend to use this mostly in comfort. I could see it working in attraction tho.. hell maybe even seduction.. "Would you rather suck my cock or take it up the pooper".. Someone wanna field test?

miaddict
10-26-2006, 12:31 AM
If the conversation is lagging, the "would you rather" questions won't help. Why ? coz she will give you a one word answer and you would have to come up with yet another annoying question to keep the conversation flowing. So, if you are using them nonetheless, make sure you have a few follow-up statements... or she will think " why the hell is he asking me to choose between such and such?"
Your examples have a highly sexualized "content". So, if you are using the Gunwitch method, or some direct game, then it would be very relevant. You can't just throw those questions in the middle of a rapport.
Field test your material yourself [at least 10 times] and then come report its success rate. It's written somewhere in the FAQ rules.

Jester
10-26-2006, 01:02 AM
I think that this is ridiculous and weird.
As miaddict said your asking closed questions and most of them are weird and go no where.
Stick to stock game until you know better.

MDS
10-26-2006, 01:42 AM
I found out that once a convo goes stail the best thing to do is go to a cold read. used it many times, works 99%. actually, i'm not really sure if it ever failed to give a convo adrenaline shot.
once, my mind went completly blanked [too many black labels], and i said "you look like a good girl, but i bet when someone gets to know you, there is wild and exotic side to you". problem was, i said to a platinum blond wearing silver mini skirt that barely covered her g-string with white go-go boots and breasts falling out of her bra [ or what ever it was]. but, it worked anyway. she was trying to prove to me all night that she's not a good girl.
learn cold reads, it's defently an ace up the sleeve.

Dr. Zeus
10-26-2006, 06:25 AM
I think the concept is fine. And I'll probably try the Who Would You Rather Fight question. But I normally try to stear conversations clear of hairy monkey breasts.

Evolution
10-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the feedback. A few things,
MDS,
Good point about cold reads. I've found them very useful and fun too, especially when you're first getting to know someone. I tend to use these would you rathers in late comfort and beyond. At that point, cold reads are still an option, but this is another.
miaddict and Jester,
I realize a lot of people do post ill-thought-out, untested material, and that can be at best annoying and at worst harmful. I understand your concern, and I share it. However I've field tested these types of questions including most of these specific ones probably hundreds of times, with great results. I almost never get one word answers, because the other person is having fun and WANTS to elaborate. However, if we're talking before the hook point, I think you have a solid point. I probably wouldn't use these, especially the weirder ones, until she's having fun, wants me to stay, and is used to my personality (which these questions are VERY congruent with, btw). The idea is very similar to the fuck, marry, kill game, which I also use. Yes she COULD just give you an answer and not elaborate, but in my experience that rarely happens, and if it does, just tell her to elaborate. Even if her answer isn't that great, then you get to give your own clever, well-thought-out opinion, or as you put it, some "follow-up statements".
Example:
- Would you rather have a really saggy butt or really saggy breasts?
Breasts would probably be better. You could throw them over your shoulder and get them out of the way, but there's nothing you could do with a sagging butt. It'd bunch up in your pants and hang all over your legs and trip you. Though I guess you could tie it around your waist and use it as a belt. But you could do the same with your breasts and wear them as a scarf. Plus if you get really thirsty you have easy access to your nipple.
Yes I know it's random, wierd, and sexual, but for this type of thing, calibration is everything. Personally I LIKE being random, weird, and sexual. It's fun, interesting, and I don't apologize for it. If she gets all shocked (which usually won't happen because I've already set the frame that I'm weird, random, and sexual), I can always say. "Yea I kno I'm a perv.. well that's probably not gonna change, so if it bothers you, now's a good time to run away." Again, field tested and I've never had a girl leave.
Dr. Zeus,
I agree, all these questions aren't appropriate for everyone. If weird and sexual isn't a part of your style, then you probably want to choose different questions or you'll probably come off incongruent. And if random isn't a part of someone's style, would you rathers in general might not work well for him. All I know for sure is that I've personally had a lot of fun and success with this.
As always, comments/criticisms welcome.

Sovereign
10-26-2006, 04:29 PM
I would rather people field test material before posting it.....and don't tell me you field tested those lines successfully.

Evolution
10-26-2006, 05:55 PM
Sovereign,
I've tested all of those specific lines at least once, many several times, and ones that follow that general format hundreds of times. They work very well for me in the right circumstances. As many respected teachers have said, you can get away with saying just about anything in the right context. There's a time and a place where saying "I want you to come so fucking hard for me" will get a positive response. Next to that my lines seem pretty tame huh.
So where are these lines useful? I already mentioned they work well for me in comfort and beyond, after I have already established the frame that I like to say weird and random things, and I'm very comfortable talking and joking about sex. I set that frame by gradually saying more provocative things, and being 100% comfortable with it. Eventually I reach the point where nothing that comes out of my mouth will shock a girl, and that's exactly how I like it. I love to be able to say shocking things in a casual way, and have her expect it and be comfortable with it.
That being said, since a lot of the lines have sexual content, even if in the context of a joke, it's probably best to keep it discreet. I tend to use these lines when I'm one on one with a girl. I wouldn't force her to discuss her sexuality in front of her peer group, as that would violate discression. However, I have successfully used them in large groups of friends (my own close friends) where we are very comfortable with each other.
I don't think I can explain it any better than that, so if you still don't believe me, oh well. I'll let everyone make up their own mind.
I share these ideas in the hopes that they'll be useful and inspiring to other people. Even if the majority find them unappealing, if they help just one person I think it's worth it. I certainly have a lot of fun with them. However, I will say that my sense of humor is very unusual, and these lines might not be suitable for many people other than me. All I know is that I've had fun and success with them. However, I invite an experienced coach or moderator to read for himself, and if he decides that these lines are unhelpful or detrimental to the progress of most students, I will respect his decision to delete this post.

Dominance
10-26-2006, 06:20 PM
It's called the would-you-rather game, most common questions in it are (typically) things like "would you rather have no arms or no legs/blind or deaf/etc". Making it sexual is an interesting twist.
Girls like this game for some reason, though I prefer Mystery's question game for rapport over this.

MDS
10-26-2006, 08:50 PM
soveriign, why do u think that he hadn't fild tested them? i'm sure u know if you project confidence you can say anything and it will work. i personally would not use them when the convo is going stale, but i have no trouble believing him that he can pull it off, as long as he believes without a doubt that he will.

TheFactor
10-29-2006, 01:01 AM
There's a really entertaining book series by the name of "Would You Rather" that's just full of those type questions. They're all hilarious and with the right crowds, create some really fun debate. One of the ones that created the most controversy in my group of friends is:
"Would you rather have shrimp for nipples or crayons for teeth?"
There's tons of questions, ranging from relatively innocuous, to digusting to downright bizzare. I had never considered the possibility they can be used in pick up.