PDA

View Full Version : Routine Idea

obie
12-17-2005, 01:27 AM
Fellas I had a routine idea tonight that I think may have some potential.
HB8 tells me I have "honest eyes." Actually I basically PUNKED out her HB9 firend who was constantly debating philosophy with me in the most obnoxious way, so finally I turn to her and go "you know, you're pretty but this nitpicking attitude is really unattractive." She got pissed as hell. I should probably have toned it down a bit with "you know, you're pretty but you really needto chill." or "you know, you're pretty but this nitpicking attitude is a real buzzkill." HB9 must have pissed of the entire group regularly since they all seemed to enjoy me totally punking her off.
Anyway this is neither here nor there.
My point is I thought of this game where she asks me a question and then has to figure out whther or not I am lying and then I ask her a question and so on.
The best was when I ask her "have you ever killed a man" and she goes "yeah, I've killed many men." You know as in broken their hearts. Sounds kind of lame, but was pretty funny when it happened.
Anyway, what do you guys think.. I think this can be developed into something good, but it needs a direction? Any thoughts about it?

rangler
12-17-2005, 02:24 AM
It's your routine so you will be the one who makes it and tests it. Here are some things to think about. What stage of pickup do you want to use it in? Games that are highly interactive in nature are great tools to increase your connection and trust and can be used as a bridge. As for direction, keep in mind good games have rising action just like stories. Take Jenga for example, as time goes on it gets more interesting and intense. You want the intensity to be constructive to your needs. Is your goal to open a set? to generate interesting conversation? to isolate the target and build sexual tension? is it two player game or can a mixed set play? how long do you want the game to last? I like the idea of allowing each other to lie, it adds a lot of mystery and you can use it to shape your image. I think your idea, if properly developed and deployed, will be a good weapon in your arsenal and it can easily be set up to end in a # or kiss close or more. I would suggest you create a list of 6 questions or however many you think you need and by trial and error refine the list. So far this game sounds about as adaptable as Truth or Dare. It has lots of potential.

Fresno Smooth
12-17-2005, 02:41 AM
i think th ]e ] part about killing can be useds aa a nwg
field test please

obie
12-17-2005, 07:07 AM
Yeah, I agree about the rising and falling action. I was really thinking of it as A2 material, and it could be useful to stack after openers that have an "honesty/lying" component to them.
I'll try to think of some good questions and then field test. I definitely agree about the rising action just like a story. Hmmm....