PDA

View Full Version : Sticking Point: Kid in need of gimmicks

SOAG
12-16-2005, 06:40 PM
Guys, I'm very new to all of this, but I've already found a major sticking point in sarging.
I CAN'T SEEM TO KEEP ANYONE'S ATTENTION!
It's strange, if I can ever get the girl's sn and continue to flirt/sarge her online I dont have any trouble, but once it comes to making small talk in real life, I suck, ANY advice would help. (Lame pick-up lines not welcome, cocky-funny stuff is.)

cold
12-16-2005, 07:22 PM
I have the same problem, it's a psychological issue. You're probably nervous and thinking too much. How do you avoid it? Well I'm working on that now.

Maize
12-16-2005, 07:34 PM
I think the psychological issue you might be having is thinking to much about the outcome, and being concerned with her liking you or not liking you. Go into the situation assuming she likes you and is already attracted to you. You will notice you start communicating differently. Also, communicate with her as if she is your bratty little sister.

cold
12-16-2005, 07:40 PM
I think the psychological issue you might be having is thinking to much about the outcome, and being concerned with her liking you or not liking you. Go into the situation assuming she likes you and is already attracted to you. You will notice you start communicating differently. Also, communicate with her as if she is your bratty little sister.
Hmm nice point. What do you think about being afraid to approach? I sometimes get the impression girls look at me like "wtf is he doing talking to me", so I basically rely on them to approach me, which may happen a couple of times on a good night, but that's not good enough ya know?

Maize
12-16-2005, 07:48 PM
Hmm nice point. What do you think about being afraid to approach? I sometimes get the impression girls look at me like "wtf is he doing talking to me", so I basically rely on them to approach me, which may happen a couple of times on a good night, but that's not good enough ya know?
I think in order to get over this common fear, you just have to go out and do it. You'll realize nothing bad will happen to you. And you're giving you're power away to women when you rely on them to approach you. Because, they're choosing you, and you're not. That's what AFC's do. It's one thing if women approach you, it's a whole nother when you rely on that. You're not really learning anything. The impression you get from them is your frame. Just reframe it in your head as if they are looking at you like they are going to have a really good time with you. Remember, when you open a woman, she is in your reality, you are not in hers.

TrueStory
12-16-2005, 08:18 PM
SOAG, here is something i do:
If i run out of things to do I'll say:
Hey, the other day...my coworker/brother/friend/relative came back from his vacation on Hawaii island...he said it kicked ass... they went scoobadiving, blah blah blah... (at this point she should be talking, or ask her if she has ever been to hawaii, scoobadiving, etc. also ask if she likes to travel and adventourous...also good place to anchor her good feelings of previous springbreaks,fun travels to you)
or you can say:
Hey, my friend the other day showed me/tought me how to tell about someone else's personality from (reading palm, analyzing handwritting, etc. you can run the cube opener here...., )
most of your stories will be partually made up....but "it's not lying it's flirting"

Guys, I'm very new to all of this, but I've already found a major sticking point in sarging.
I CAN'T SEEM TO KEEP ANYONE'S ATTENTION!
It's strange, if I can ever get the girl's sn and continue to flirt/sarge her online I dont have any trouble, but once it comes to making small talk in real life, I suck, ANY advice would help. (Lame pick-up lines not welcome, cocky-funny stuff is.)

waxlrose
12-17-2005, 12:55 AM
I think you could do with some of Juggler Method and confidence in what makes YOU great.

Unique
12-19-2005, 04:15 AM
OK,
Lets begin, i think your definately thinking too much... I agree with Maize, go in like they are already attracted, this can be hard when your actually in the field, so, your problem is that they don't hold interest, well here's a tip which will make them interested in the first place...PEACOCKING,
Before you go out, Peacock yourself to the brim, if you haven't seen the pic of mystery around the forum, find it, example!
Now this should put you in a different and more confident state of mind anyway, so its a start, the female attention you should get is good, so run some C&F from there with every bit of attention you get.
In general though, just learn some more routines and DHV ones, its just revision not a sticking point as such, talk about anything and just flow, your the coolest guy in the club, your the prize...
Hope it helps
Unique

Solkanar
12-19-2005, 04:26 AM
I don't know about the advice on peacocking. Its an advanced method and he is struggling on grasping the basic, keeping her attention. If you are unexsperianced in the game then peacocking can have a VERY negative effect. Peacocking only works if you have 100% supreme and utter confidence in yourself, otherwise the only attention you will be recieving is "why is that dude dressed like a homo/idiot" Peacocking isn't for AFC, you need the personality to back it.

Unique
12-19-2005, 04:31 AM
Maybe, i see your point... If he peacocks maybe that'll give him confidence, or at least all the attention it attracts will show him the power of what it can do, but i def. see your point, interesting.
U

Chillout
12-19-2005, 04:57 AM
Going out with a wing is always easier the first few times. Sets come open much more easily, and its and overall funner time for all concerned, especially if you're a little lacking in the confidence area... ;)
-chillout

porky
12-19-2005, 06:01 AM
What I use to get them talking more is peackok everything have , for example I dont smoke but I have the most awsome cigarete lighter ,whenever I do the cube on a chik I have the funnest pen , it looks like a CIGARETE (the top has red foil on soo it looks like it is alight) then I try and burn the chik with the (pen cigarete) then just say they kinda scream (thinking its a real ciggarete) 'hahaha got u..ok do the cube' they will do the cue and they will love using the pen:)
anather fun thing to do is say this to the :
me : ' how to you pronounce the word F.O.L.K?
***repeat the question a few times and evenually say ok you prounounced it correct then say:
me ' what do you do at a green robot? (I think for you guys in USA its called a traffic light?)
her: 99% of the time they will say stop
me: 'haha....since when do you stop when its green?
rip her off about that for the rest of her natural life:)
Tuero-

Rusky
12-19-2005, 06:05 AM
Chillout is right,
Find another sarger in your area, could even be one of your friends. Whatever you do though, dont take a natural with you. Big mistake, trust me, unless you're really good at destroying AMOGs. But even then, its not nice to your friend.
Take someone who doesnt have the same sticking point as you, so they can show you how to overcome your problems and vice versa.
Also, I tend to agree with Solkanar. Peacocking can be just as damaging as helpful. Start with only one thing out of the ordinary, maybe a tie over a t-shirt.
Then use my Colour Opener, both to start the conversation and to see whether you should wear the tie again. If you're wondering what the Colour Opener is, search the forum for "rusky" and click on the thread called "pick up lines... please help" started by Caranova.
Happy sarging :)
Rusky

IceDragon
12-19-2005, 06:09 AM
Get a sequence ready, and practice.
Practice talking to strangers during the day (shop assistants, the postman) even phone your friend and tell him a story.
A lot of guys put on their 'approach hat' before approaching a girl in a bar. If you're used to telling stories and talking meaningfully to strangers, then that shouldn't be a problem.
From the time you get up till the time you go to bed, it should be one long practice session in rapport! So, talking to girls in bars and clubs is just nothing different from what you do on a daily basis.
It'll only come to you in time, but when it does, you'll know it.