PDA

View Full Version : Joseph Matthews (Thundercat) stuff sucks

Twitch
12-16-2005, 08:43 AM
I recently purchased several ebooks, videos, etc. from several different publishers. They were all pretty good except for Joseph Matthews, Art of Approaching. Frankly, I think he was trying to write about something he never really tried or was any good at. In addition, he has ignored requests for him to honor his guarantee.
Mystery's stuff is great, Swingcat's is good and Marius P's stuff is good. These are all good investments. Also, I would recommend "The Game" by Niel Strause (Style).

waxlrose
12-25-2005, 01:18 AM
I disagree, Art of Approaching is great. Alot of info for that crucial opening phase. It gets you thinking and creating. I really liked it.

Fader
12-25-2005, 01:41 AM
I disagree, Art of Approaching is great. Alot of info for that crucial opening phase. It gets you thinking and creating. I really liked it.
Wait, Joseph Matthews is Thundercat? DEFINTELY disagree with the original poster then. If it is Thundercat this guy has his shit together. Art of Approaching is a classic. Not only that but his site is CHOCK full of info. It is rare to see someone give so much away for free

Hysteria
12-25-2005, 07:26 PM
Yes, Joseph Matthews is Thundercat. He just gave away four MP3s to his newsletter subscribers about Christmas and New Year's techniques/openers and places to meet women during the holidays. He really does give a LOT of info away for free. And his e-book is stuffed with many different types of openers and gives you guidelines on how you can construct your own spontaneously (the opposite of canned openers) depending on the situation.
I believe he and Mystery are pretty tight... there are at least a couple of interviews/chatlogs floating around that feature Thundercat and Mystery together talking like good buddies.

Katil
12-29-2005, 06:51 PM
I think that if you are looking for the quality and detail that mystery gave in his book, then you wont find it in a lot of places. The art of approaching did not really impress me, but it did give a lot of ideas on approaching and I gained some benefit from it...plus you get like 5-6 other ebooks when you buy the one.

TrueStory
12-29-2005, 09:47 PM
I have not read art of aproaching yet, but from his newsletters he does come off little soft. Perhaps, it's his style, but it seems like he is targeting AFCs. Why? because most of the readers questions that he has in his newsletters smell like one-itis, wussiness and total lack of understanding of attraction.
Maybe it's just newsletters but from what i've read there I wouldn't *buy* his stuff. If someone gave me his stuff for FREE i would definatelly read it and give him respect. But it sounds little bit too simple. Not that I am advanced or anything but when i read these newsletters it's repetition of old stuff.
Speaking of newsletters, did anyone else notice Ross Jeffries massive broadcast of non-pickup-related newsletters about totally useless stuff? He might as well start a blog and just have people go there to read about his life.

Apolllo
12-29-2005, 10:26 PM
Thundercats book was very helpful. You REALLY need to re-read it. He talks about confidence, breaks everything down very specifically. Everyone of course has there opinion but from a non-biast point of view, this book is a must read. I read it right after MM book and it just put things together.

legonz
12-30-2005, 03:42 PM
Things clicked for me when I started on Thundercat's stuff. Once I started using eye contact more, it was like opening up the blinds and seeing the sunlight. I could approach nearly anyone after that.