PDA

View Full Version : The Difference between Learning PU and Practicing it

AFChimp
08-24-2006, 01:29 PM
So I had like a semi breakthrough as a begginner actually trying this stuff on the field...
So I learned the MM stuff which was an eye opener and some other stuff by other guys who gave me a more well rounded perspective... So yeah, I learned it.
So I go try it in the field, and it didn't... make... sense...
So instead of giving up, I kept thinking about the why's and pondering while trying it in real life...
And I came to a realization that USING the MM method is not the point.
The point is to BE the man that MM method helps you convey yourself as.
So you can learn the techniques in the book or from wherever, but first you have to actually believe and be a high status man.
And using the frame of high status, negging, qualifying, kino, etc is just the method, or guideline.
When in the field, these beliefs and guidelines must be imbedded in you so that they are what is already reality in the background. They are just the plot, and this plot should not be apparent in the interaction.
What should be apparent is the actual content, or what you say. The general direction that you use, the techniques and beliefs, must be a backstage crew.
This might be such an obvious thing, but I had trouble understanding what congruence(BEING instead of just using the technique) was and during my interactions it seemed as though my intentions of negging, kino, etc were too apparent, as if I'm faking it.
So if there are any beginners reading this, I think this is a good overall principle to have while you take in information...
And if anyone wants to challenge my belief please do so, because the more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know, and it will help me question myself and come up with better answers.

Vapor
08-24-2006, 01:45 PM
So I had like a semi breakthrough as a begginner actually trying this stuff on the field...
You registered six months ago, so I think I know where this is going.

So I learned the MM stuff which was an eye opener and some other stuff by other guys who gave me a more well rounded perspective... So yeah, I learned it.
Sweet! You went out in the field and learned it through trial and error, following the "dig it" instructions below, right?

So I go try it in the field, and it didn't... make... sense...
Nope. So you tried to learn by reading about stuff. That doesn't work. It's painful to learn in field, but that is where the game is learned.

So instead of giving up, I kept thinking about the why's and pondering while trying it in real life...
And I came to a realization that USING the MM method is not the point.
I'm pretty sure it is.

The point is to BE the man that MM method helps you convey yourself as.
Which is done by getting lots of field time in. Which makes using MM the point.

So you can learn the techniques in the book or from wherever, but first you have to actually believe and be a high status man.
Backwards. You go in the field to actually use the techniques to callibrate yourself. Through trial and error you get success.

This might be such an obvious thing, but I had trouble understanding what congruence(BEING instead of just using the technique) was and during my interactions it seemed as though my intentions of negging, kino, etc were too apparent, as if I'm faking it.
That's exactly what it looks like at first. You fail, get frustrated, adapt, and get success.

So if there are any beginners reading this, I think this is a good overall principle to have while you take in information...
Beginners should take in as little info as possible, IMO. They should hit up Cedar's "How Do I Learn Seduction" thread in the best of, and just follow instructions. Trying to change beliefs through force of will doesn't work.

AFChimp
08-24-2006, 02:02 PM
You registered six months ago, so I think I know where this is going.
Sweet! You went out in the field and learned it through trial and error, following the "dig it" instructions below, right?
Nope. So you tried to learn by reading about stuff. That doesn't work. It's painful to learn in field, but that is where the game is learned.
I'm pretty sure it is.
Which is done by getting lots of field time in. Which makes using MM the point.
Backwards. You go in the field to actually use the techniques to callibrate yourself. Through trial and error you get success.
That's exactly what it looks like at first. You fail, get frustrated, adapt, and get success.
Beginners should take in as little info as possible, IMO. They should hit up Cedar's "How Do I Learn Seduction" thread in the best of, and just follow instructions. Trying to change beliefs through force of will doesn't work.
I understand exactly what you mean, but I wouldn't have believed you if I had not tried in real life.
The point I'm trying to make is that begginers including myself should not be so focused on learning new materials but instead get congruent by doing.
When I say BE, I'm not saying force yourself, I'm saying go out there and do it.
And what made me hesistate the most before I actually went out there and do it was that I didn't see the difference between just learning this stuff and actually being congruent with it.
So I thought that this would encourage people a bit more.
I may have not said everything in the exact wording you can agree with, but I believe my heart was in the right place.

Vapor
08-24-2006, 02:10 PM
I may have not said everything in the exact wording you can agree with, but I believe my heart was in the right place.
Absolutely. I am only trying to emphasize the importance of in-field learning. There's been lots of advice out there lately that de-emphasizes the importance of getting out there and pushing yourself out of your comfort zone. It's tempting for people who hate doing that (like me) to look for other "inner game" stuff or "new info" to work on before getting out in the field as much as possible.

AFChimp
08-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Absolutely. I am only trying to emphasize the importance of in-field learning. There's been lots of advice out there lately that de-emphasizes the importance of getting out there and pushing yourself out of your comfort zone. It's tempting for people who hate doing that (like me) to look for other "inner game" stuff or "new info" to work on before getting out in the field as much as possible.
lol, yeah, I'm a prime example of theory junky, even though I learn by doing the best by nature. Probably it's because of my anxiety issues and wanting to be perfect from the beginning when it comes to women.
And there's nothing like real life success and failures to help with confidence.
yeah, I also feel that failures help with my confidence cuz you realize there's nothing wrong with it or it's not as bad as you think it is.

Rusty
08-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Alot of it can comes down to calibration. Learning and internalizing the method is one thing but to practice in the field is another. The more your routines become natural to you the better you will become. So you have to let your routines follow the group. If you follow a rigid routine you wont be using all the tools availible.

Selective
08-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Ignore the nonsense other people are throwing at you. You're really starting to get it. Remember this is a path that YOU have to walk.

MaNofSteeL
08-27-2006, 03:41 AM
Ignore the nonsense other people are throwing at you. You're really starting to get it. Remember this is a path that YOU have to walk.
Exactly.

Ethan
08-27-2006, 11:35 AM
This like anything else is a learning process. Keep up the work and you'll see results!

truthseeker
08-27-2006, 05:17 PM
its good to be wrong and fail..when u are right u dont learn much...when u are wrong u exchange error for truth