PDA

View Full Version : What Name Do You Use?

Hysteria
12-15-2005, 03:45 PM
Curious question:
Do you use your real name or your pseudonym/screenname/username/stagename in the field when talking to women, and why?
I myself see no point to calling myself anything other than my real name. But, it does work both ways.

Fresno Smooth
12-15-2005, 03:50 PM
i experimented with other names in the feild
never Fresno Smooth
but i have used
paul and Max Styles

Rodzilla
12-15-2005, 04:00 PM
Women love a mysterious man. Give an obvious "stage name" and let them wonder. AFC's use real names. Alpha's have nicknames. It gives you multiple threads to continue vibing with...Why you won't tell her your "real" name, how you got the nickname. What's her nickname? "No I don't like that, I'm gonna call you ----" You're out there to have fun, so be fun...be playful.

Lyric
12-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Yeah. it's good to have a nickname, but it has to sound really really good or else you look like a total ass. Great nicknames for public use are hard to come by....

Rodzilla
12-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Use a different one everytime you go out. Let the HB's play along. Merge set's and introduce the HB's under nicknames you make up. "Hey, this is partypants and lipstick." More threads and now the previous set are pawns "in on it" with you.

Maverick
12-15-2005, 04:44 PM
I use Maverick on occasion. I was working this set and the guy realized it was from topgun. It was funny.

mr_brightside
12-15-2005, 04:49 PM
Sometimes I'll use mine when I'm in a club and I'll say to them it's so annoying that that band wrote a song about me... Then if the song comes on when I'm gaming them, I act embarassed and they say "Ooh, that's your song. Let's dance!"
But then again, I don't give out my name straight away. I never introduce myself (AFC behaviour). If they ask me, that's an IOI and then I tell them to guess!
Your friend, mr_brightside

Fate
12-15-2005, 06:15 PM
My SN actually came from a HB calling me that because she didn't know my name. She was the very first girl I sarged after reading Style's book, and I had spent forever coming up with an opener. I went in with the fate opener I had come up with, and her male companion started giving me flack, so I neutralized him, negged her, and put an artificial time constraint. As I turned around to go back to my group, she yelled out, "Fate!" because that was the only thing she knew about me. I liked that sound so much I decided to keep it.

Lothario
12-16-2005, 05:06 PM
"Oh my god. I am sooooooooooo sorry. I forgot to be a gentleman and introduce myself. Ladies, my name is... Rumpelstiltskin." Roll your eyes and laugh at them.
I use the name DeVill. That wasn't the name I was born with or that my family, closest friends, or people I haven't seen since I was an AFC call me. But that's who I've become a an alpha male. Therefore I introduce myself to women as DeVill.
I also use it for my email, my screen name in other forums and chatrooms, and as a HipHop/R&B performer I rap on stage by that name.
I would love for my family and relatives to call me DeVill, and I have them living everywhere around my area, but I doubt they ever will. Unless I get famous by that name first.
Wish I could change my damn member name on this forum. I wasn't thinking when I registered. LOL.
~DeVill

Fresno Smooth
12-16-2005, 05:49 PM
dude change it then
all you lose is your post count

mr_brightside
12-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Yeah, we'll know who you are! The PUA formerly known as Lothario! lmao
mr_brightside

Hysteria
12-18-2005, 04:57 PM
I forgot that I even made this thread! :eek:
I think I'll start using "Hysteria" next time I'm out, just to see what the reactions are. If someone asks the origins of how I got the name "Hysteria", I could probably make up some story about how I dated a girl in high school and all her friends said I magically made her fall in love with me nearly to the point of hysteria, and they started calling me Hysteria from that point onwards.
Could be a DHV for me if I pull it off correctly.

legonz
12-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Definitely Gonz.

Hysteria
12-18-2005, 06:18 PM
One of my good buddies actually calls me Gonzo. I don't know why I didn't adopt THAT name instead. :p

Fro
12-18-2005, 07:22 PM
At parties i've used my real name then Fro, it left the girl into me for a second but then counfused and the convo died. im ganna go out on a limb but i think if your ganna use anyname, probly stick with it by the end of the night

codec
12-19-2005, 08:21 PM
this seems weird to me.
now, i know voluneering your name is a no-no as her asking for your name is an IOI, however. if a girl asks me "so whats your name?" i feel weird saying "codec".
i think if i were even style or mystery i'd have a hard time telling girls thats what my name is.
is it entirely wrong telling the girl your real name?

Mayhem
12-19-2005, 08:23 PM
I don't think they actually do that do they?

Rodzilla
12-19-2005, 08:40 PM
Guys, there's a HUGE thread covering this on the site.
Yes use a nickname...
WHY?
Because chicks dig a mysterious man...Why do you think that's Mystery's handle??? It gives you more to talk about... You can bust on her about not knowing her well enough to tell her. You can ask her what her nickname is..."What? you don't have a nickname?" Bust on her for not having one...Give her one..."I'm gonna call you Partypants! Yep, Your new name is Partypants!"
Go with it...

Hysteria
12-19-2005, 08:44 PM
Here we go:
http://www.theattractionforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185
It's a little difficult knowing what's been covered when this forum moves at such a rapid pace.
But yeah, I'm going to start using "Hysteria" in the field, just to see what happens. A sort of social experimentation, if you will. I am, after all, a science student. :D

Masters
12-19-2005, 09:26 PM
this seems weird to me.
now, i know voluneering your name is a no-no as her asking for your name is an IOI, however. if a girl asks me "so whats your name?" i feel weird saying "codec".
i think if i were even style or mystery i'd have a hard time telling girls thats what my name is.
is it entirely wrong telling the girl your real name?
lol hey man,
I don't think there's anything wrong with giving your real first name, or a short version there of. I shorten my name because single syllable names usually get remembered better than longer names.
Anyway, my screen name is one of my last names anyway:D

Mayhem
12-19-2005, 11:34 PM
What I've done before is if a girl asks for my name (I never offer it), I tell her my first AND last name. Most people don't do that, and it seperates you from other people.

ymox
12-20-2005, 03:49 AM
that's one thing I couldn't understand about "The Game", why did all the PUA's have such apparently stupid handles/nicknames.
No disrespect to them, all their advice/theory is first rate, but how could you cut a set introducing yourself as Mystery/Style.
I know I'm missing something here... any help ?

Chillout
12-20-2005, 03:56 AM
is chillout a little too wierd to use? I dunno, prob best to simply field test, see what reaction i get.
-chillout

Unique
12-20-2005, 04:04 AM
I see your point, in The Game someone was called the 'Matador of Love', imagine saying that to a chick, actually when he was mentioned he was crashing and burning, name maybe???lol
I'd say that if you look at the picture of Mystery on the forum, that's his name on the LED shirt, therefore i'm guessing that he uses it in the field, definately!
I expect most of them do, TD must do because its not exactly eccentric saying, "I'm Tyler."
RJ isn't RJ's real name, along with DD...
I know i use my handle in the field, they usually smile or give me a weird look to which i look at them like they're the odd ones, when i find out their name i change it anyway, or break out into a neg about her having a common name, "Bex" for example, come across fucking loads lately, or if i find out their surname, i call them by that, its always amusing.
If your peacocked then usually your dress sense and the bizarre name go hand in hand, seperating you further from your own AFC history and their expectations of all the AFC's around.
I'd say that it really doesn't fucking matter what name you give them, they probably don't care, if you DHV, really they won't be thinking,
"Wow, I can't sleep with this guy because he's got a weird name."
There's definately more important aspects to gaming than whether to use your handle out there. But try it anyway, i think if your C&F then you can pull it off no problem.
Unique

Psycho
12-20-2005, 05:58 AM
This is a topic I was planning on asking myself....
I don't wanna used my name! For me, an alias is necisary!
1. My given name is common and sucks. Hell! I lived down the school from another kid with the same FIRST and LAST name as me when I was growing up. If I ever have a son, (God help us all...) his name will be D'Artagnan or Sebastian! Something wicked cool and unique!
2. I have met some psychotic chicas (sounds funny coming from a guy called "Psycho" huh?:rolleyes: ) and I don't want them tracking me down.
3. I have an awesome nickname! I've been "Psycho" for years.
Although, I'll admit. Psycho has, at times, seemed at little too much for some. I might need something more tactful. I'm open to suggestions. Now's the time as I only JUST signed up with the forum...

Unique
12-20-2005, 06:34 AM
Although, I'll admit. Psycho has, at times, seemed at little too much for some. I might need something more tactful. I'm open to suggestions. Now's the time as I only JUST signed up with the forum...
How's about Chan, you said you had a friend like Jackie Chan.
Unique

ParaDoX
12-20-2005, 07:20 AM
I normally let the situation and my company dictate which name I give. ParaDoX is the name I've used for about 10 years DJing and forums/ online games, so if I'm out with either of those crowds, I'll use ParaDoX (or just DoX).
If I'm with the people I met via college/ work etc, I'll use my given name as that's how they know me.
I reckon that if I were to use the wrong name with the wrong group, my mates wouldn't know who I was, which would certainly lose some social status with any target.

ranma187
12-20-2005, 08:59 AM
"hi my name is mr. clean":)

Fate
12-20-2005, 09:45 AM
As far as using your nickname, I've found this is a helpful little routine when they ask you your name:
Her: "So, what's your name?"
You: "I don't give my name out to strangers, but you can call me <nickname>. :) "
What to do when the AMOG wants to know your name, though?
Fate

The_Shezzler
12-20-2005, 10:02 AM
What I've done before is if a girl asks for my name (I never offer it), I tell her my first AND last name. Most people don't do that, and it seperates you from other people.
Classic Gunwitch -keep doing this man, forget giving anyone your nickname, personally i think thats kinda silly
Sarge On...:cool:

smooth
12-20-2005, 10:15 AM
if your getting tension from an AMOG about what your name is and turn to them and say hey bro i dont swing that way, then (point to target) and say she already asked me what my name is and i do swing that way but if im not telling her why should i tell you?

smooth
12-20-2005, 10:19 AM
ive expiermented with this, and it all depends on how well you've attracted her when she asks for your name if you have her pawning over you give her your nickname, and then make a bet with her, if she can figure out your real name by the end of the night you will owe her a massage, however if by the end of the night she cant figure out your real name she will owe you a massage redeemable upon whenever you see fit. but no matter how it goes never volunteer your name to her, she must work for it, its the prize at the end of the game show.

MinDFreeZ
12-20-2005, 11:03 AM
I've never tried using my nickname MinDFreeZ ... i have changed my name a bit with realistic ones... but obviously not real.
one I use often is Bobby digital.
but my name is Robert, and I go by Bobby.. so it's not far off.

Ender
12-20-2005, 12:16 PM
my close friends all call me john, but i introduce myself as johnny k. whenever i'm in the field, and if they ask why my friends call me john, i tell them that it's something my close friends have earned the right to do. i suppose you could use the same thing with your pua name (nick) and your real one as well. give her something to work for, and show her that you don't just let anyone be close/intimate with you. i find it's a nice little challenge, and it's anything but ordinary

Random.Samurai
12-20-2005, 12:26 PM
I use my alias in the field.
On mASF I used to go by the nickname Solid_Snake, but I never introduced myself like that to girls, because they'd be wierded out like that. I changed my callsign to Random.Samurai, because I feel it's a more accurate handle for me. It's not that my real name isn't cool, most girls think it's sexy actually (Raphael). But I like using my nick name because it's more fun. It's different. Remember, in "Top Gun" Maverick introduces himself as Maverick.
On another note, if you go to Las Vegas, use your nick name. The girls aren't giving you their real names, either.

jonnysmooth
12-20-2005, 03:39 PM
id never really thought about this before, and had just given my boring normal first name (which btw, isn't jonny)... im gonna try that next time anyway- "jonny smooth:cool:", im usually pretty c+f (think i might be a bit over the top actually), so should be able 2 pull it off...

Lothario
12-20-2005, 04:49 PM
I've been thinking that if I'm gonna post here under the screen name Lothario, I better read the 18th century book The Fair Penitant where the character Lothario came from.
Hopefully in the book this PUA, Lothario, doesn't turn into an AFC, 'cause that'll make me look dumb as hell.
Damn, just a few more posts and I'll be a senior member. I want to change my member name to DeVill, but that'll drop me back down to zero.
Is there any way to change it and keep my post count?

Trix
12-20-2005, 06:00 PM
I always use my nickname in Bars & clubs...
I think it makes you a bit more interesting than if ur name was John or wotever...but try & have a reason for why ppl call u by that name, it helps if theres a story behind it...

Masters
12-20-2005, 06:09 PM
No, I don't think so. You should just do it now before you keep posting. You'll have your count back up I'm sure. Anyway, its the quality of your posts that should show that you know your shit and not the post count. I have 130+ posts and I'm not a PUA. pigy has more than that and he... needs to change his name. Luv u pigy:D

I've been thinking that if I'm gonna post here under the screen name Lothario, I better read the 18th century book The Fair Penitant where the character Lothario came from.
Hopefully in the book this PUA, Lothario, doesn't turn into an AFC, 'cause that'll make me look dumb as hell.
Damn, just a few more posts and I'll be a senior member. I want to change my member name to DeVill, but that'll drop me back down to zero.
Is there any way to change it and keep my post count?

Rain
12-20-2005, 06:19 PM
I only use my real name when in the game. Women seem to like it. Half the time they don't believe that it's my real name anyway, so the effect is much like a pseudonym.
However, in non-game social interactions, my wing and I occassionally introduce each other as Jose. It's stupid really, becausew neither of us is hispanic, but it seems to start an interaction anyway.

Psycho
12-20-2005, 07:47 PM
How's about Chan, you said you had a friend like Jackie Chan.
Unique
When did I say that? I was thinking I'd take my own advise but wouldn't you know it... Sebastian is taken!

Visionthing
12-25-2005, 02:13 AM
hmmm... This is interesting. My real name is Flash... and I get enough attention from females wanting to know more... but I dont like them asking about how I got it... which is a stupid question... if its a nickname that I use however, then I have an excuse for having a name... like Vision or Visionthing.

Switch
12-28-2005, 04:11 PM
What about making it an anagram out of your name?? At first I thought using Switch was wierd, I got used to it, and if a girl makes fun of you name do as Rodzilla says, neg/bust on her about it!

Auggie
12-29-2005, 01:31 AM
Depends on what you're after. Think Vegas. If you think it will ultimately matter, use your real name. If it's just fun and games, use your nickname. I've been meaning to play around more with movie/tv names, i.e. Frank Mackey. A bigger challenge would be Enos or Mr. Pink.
Just be relatively consistent. If you're anything like me, it's easy to forget a name after meeting a lot of people and you don't want to break the thread when you call them.

Psyneh
12-29-2005, 04:50 AM
Psycho:
you must make on hell of a great first impression when you greet the girls parents :D

Lancelot
01-10-2006, 11:43 AM
When you guys go out sarging, do you actually introduce yourself with your alias?
In The Game, this seems like what they did, but it seems a bit...odd...to me.
Of course, with some of the names I've seen here, it could be seen as peacocking.

Fate
01-10-2006, 11:55 AM
There's a couple of posts about this somewhere, but for me it depends:
First off, I don't introduce myself, I let girls try to drag my name out of me. I have had some success using the, "Oh, I don't give my name out to strangers" line. You can follow this up by, "but you can call me <your handle here>." Or, "but some call me <handle>." etc.
However, this doesn't really work if you're out with AFC friends, or if you're a friend of someone who is introducing you. In those cases, I'll give my real name.
Also, when I'm running game during the day, I tend to use my real name if they ask. I save my alias for clubs and bars and parties. In the future I may feel comfortable enough with it to use it at day, but I'm still just rAFC now.
Fate

Sniper
01-10-2006, 12:17 PM
I personally use my name, but, I'll introduce my friends by their nicknames sometimes. For example, I would introduce my wing Rocky as his nickname, and explain that we all thought he looked like Rocky Balboa and the dude can street fight like a champ if he has to. DHV through social proof :)

Whitey
01-10-2006, 06:43 PM
If a target asks my name I always (100%) tell them Whitey and then I ask there name, "but I don't want your real name I want your stage name"

Lucid
02-02-2006, 07:59 AM
Alright.... I am new to this, but not a stranger to the fairer sex. Do you guys use your nickname exclusively when you talk with girls? Do you switch around? I assume it has to do with maintaining the alter-ego and confidence level of your new selves, but I cannot see introducing myself as Lucid. Do you ever get strange looks when you tell them your PUA tag? I am not maligning the practice in any way so do not get me wrong. This is a simple inquiry into the community. Thanks all.

LiveandLetLive64
02-02-2006, 08:05 AM
I use my real name...

Dragon
02-02-2006, 08:12 AM
:confused: Using your PU name could go as a C&F line but your going have to say it or she'll think your wierd. Usaully when I get "whats your name" I go with a cartoon character, "Its Charlie Brown" you can go into another thread if you want with it being playful, but your going have to eventaully say your real one. Don't kill the use of C&F names though and C&F in general, 1st time its funny, 2nd not so funny, 3rd your hiding something. So 1st time use C&F name 2nd go "Its name". If ther asking its a ioi, don't ruin it. :P

LiveandLetLive64
02-02-2006, 08:22 AM
Dragon reminded me, I've done this several times but not for a while...
Sometimes when I tell a woman my name I try to make it look like I'm lying to her or making it up...I've seen women do this to guys they eventually blow off, give a fake name. I make it look like I'm doing this but make it obvious as hell...
ME: "My name is...(pause)...Sean. Yeah. I look like a Sean, right?"
They'll usually try to call it and ask my real name. Respond semi-sarcastically "It's Sean. Really. It is...". It's not until later on that they realize it really is my name...

Cedar
02-02-2006, 08:25 AM
Do you guys use your nickname exclusively you talk with girls?
It's all about style. If you use your handle or a false name during attraction phase, give her your real name soon as you enter Comfort. It's an IOI you can give her that means something.

Race
02-02-2006, 08:25 AM
I've used both. Its easier to stick with your real name just for the sake of details (the devil is in them.) Once I've told her my real name I usually follow up with "but my friends call me Race." I like to get her in the habit of calling me something other than my real name just in case I ever run into her when I'm with my girlfriend. Its the whole plausible denial thing.

Lucid
02-02-2006, 09:55 AM
I like to get her in the habit of calling me something other than my real name just in case I ever run into her when I'm with my girlfriend. Its the whole plausible denial thing.
LOL!!!! :D

Stallion
02-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Real name for me, Stallion would sound a bit silly:(

stylish
02-02-2006, 10:07 AM
my actuall pick up name is Jias. but sometimes i just use my real name

Tylizzard
02-02-2006, 10:31 AM
ive gone by tyler most of the time (my real name) but thanks to my wing and other friends alot of people end up calling me Tyger or Tylizzard. tylizzard is a terrible PU name its ended in nothing good for me ever.

thizzicaL
02-02-2006, 10:46 AM
my real name is very hispanic and has a spanish nickname that accompanies it, much like jesus= chuy, etc. is it better to introduce myself as my spanish nickname to non-latina girls? it's funny watching them mispronounce it, they become so self-conscious about saying it it seems like a good opportunity to bust on them. any thoughts?

Zea
02-02-2006, 04:35 PM
It's a toss up for me as my PUA name is derived from part of my last name anyway.

Rick
02-02-2006, 07:24 PM
My Real name is Rafael, and I found that chicks have hard time getting my name, so I will start giving nick name, I liked rick cause its short, and starts with r too... but I was thinking about what some one said here on this tread how alpha gives girls a hard time before they give the name... anyways, I liked craig's nick name... brattspanker. If a girl ask me who I am I will say...
Iam brattspanker... lol, or I could go with rick, and let her find out that my real name later.. if she asks me why I didnt tell her, I would say thats my nick, and all my friends call me that.

interactivebiostud
02-02-2006, 11:23 PM
My real name is Henry but I find it boring and most of my friends call me by my nickname anyways. So I use HtCrazy.

BSUR
04-03-2006, 03:20 PM
My nickname's initials.
BG
And in my sets I speak Dutch, though the nickname is pronounced in the English way.. So I won't even bother.
I just say my real first name.
I rap and I DJ. For both I use my real first name. Fuck stagenames. I'm too alpha for one.

Eclectic
04-03-2006, 04:05 PM
I usually use my real name, but if I'm feeling playful I will use a pseudonym which is very hard to pronounce. Am from the indian sub-continent and when asked my name will sometimes say skipinderjitpaldeepkaursingh (not a real name btw, and a mix of male and female names), and its great watching them try to pronounce it, only for someone else to come by and say hey Adnan (my real name)

Darius
04-03-2006, 06:47 PM
I mainly use my real name. As things go on, stories are echanged and i tell about some other names that i've been deamed. Depending on the HB, i tell her that I have been called, 'heartbreaker,' and my favorite 'girlfriend stealer.' In these, it's kinda like a built in DLV on purpose. Sometimes, you have to DLV with HBs of the 8.5-10 range.

Jrock24
04-03-2006, 08:26 PM
I go by the name of Captain Heineken in public.

DjSuperstaR
04-03-2006, 08:42 PM
i tell them my dj name but they always end up asking me what my real name is

zel666
04-03-2006, 10:20 PM
I'm "Max Power" strap yourself in and feel the G's.

Fader
04-03-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm "Max Power" strap yourself in and feel the G's.
That's a really funny simpson reference (not sure if it was intentional or not)

flava flav
04-04-2006, 04:10 AM
Sometimes, if I've got a cool style going on. If i'm dressed real smart I just use my real name though.

theBeam
04-04-2006, 04:23 AM
I havent made it out sarging in a couple of weeks now, started a new job, studying etc, but when was out last i got a "home run" without ever calling myself anything other than The Beam. my bro and i got a good laugh the next day when i told him how she screamed "oh the beam" when i was working my magic. classic. lol i do tend to switch between my stage and real names tho, i just judge the approriateness of each situation when it arises.

chilli
04-04-2006, 04:45 AM
ive tried both my real name and my handle and to be honest chilli gets the best results as i play on it a bit ie when she says "chilli, why you called chilli" and i reply "take a bite and find out" or theres the old one a lot of you seem to use where you say you dont give your real name to strangers etc

BSUR
04-04-2006, 08:02 AM
Sometimes, if I've got a cool style going on. If i'm dressed real smart I just use my real name though.You call yourself Flava Flav??
YEeeeeeeahhhhhh boooyyyyy!:D

Fader
04-04-2006, 08:09 AM
You call yourself Flava Flav??
YEeeeeeeahhhhhh boooyyyyy!:D
Flava Flav was the original peacocker sporting that HUGE clock and gold fronts

BSUR
04-04-2006, 08:18 AM
I actually peacocked with a Mercedes-emblem hanging on a chain off my pants a while ago. I felt very 90's ghetto.

FusterCluck
04-04-2006, 09:10 AM
nah, i've never used my screenname in the field before
most people dont understand it

King
04-04-2006, 09:54 AM
man my PU name "King" comes from my NLP training when i go deep within to 'zone-in' i picture myself as a 8 foot medievel king with a broadsword and electric storm surrounding me
sounds pretty crazy huh... but it works wonders for getting me in the right state

King
04-04-2006, 09:56 AM
i think if i introduced myself as king it would come across as weird though

T-Man
04-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Yes, I use T-Man in the field. It works well, I mean it's my nick name all my friends call me T-Man, so it's like a real name. I'm all for it, whatever works well. I've seen people use pseudonym's and it doesn't work well for them because it's not natural. So make sure you're very comfortable with your nick.
-- T-Man

Cajun
04-19-2006, 02:47 PM
I use Cajun, My wing uses Faxe. If they ask "Why Cajun?" I just say "Because I am" and Faxe usually just says "Like a fax machine" which makes them laugh ahaha.

Claudius
04-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Curious question:
Do you use your real name or your pseudonym/screenname/username/stagename in the field when talking to women, and why?
I myself see no point to calling myself anything other than my real name. But, it does work both ways.
I find the best thing to do in terms of pseudonyms is come up with a "stripper name."
I experimented with this over the summer and it got tremendous results. An entire group plus their friends absolutely devoured it. It makes it easier to meet new people too, because if it's a really good one then more than likely people you don't know have heard about it. Not only is it hillarious but it makes them want to find more out about you though.
Not for the timid of heart, though. I'll admit, sometimes it got annoying, if, excessive with the amount of times they called me it (it was a dead joke for me long before it was a dead joke for the newer people). However, you just gotta brush that stuff off as tests. When it's all said and done, it's worth it.

Mike Patton
04-23-2006, 08:32 PM
My name in the field is Mr. Bungle. :)

Euphoria
04-23-2006, 09:47 PM
i use YouFiz in the field but lately i have been using
'Shade'
works well and is mysterious :)

D0natell0
04-26-2006, 03:45 PM
I`ve used my nickname, and the girl seemed to buy it..
:eek:

EZRyder
05-09-2006, 03:53 PM
I use a different stage name, if any. I'd post it here, but i dont want anyone googling my name after they learn it and finding me here.

Vincent Chase
05-10-2006, 02:05 AM
What you see is what you get, I wasn't born with the name Vincent Chase, but it sure as hell is my name now.

Masters
05-10-2006, 03:20 PM
When I'm with Sinn I have to.. :o

cause
05-10-2006, 03:44 PM
I just joined this network bur prior to this i just to presentate my self with the same name as the crownprince of sweden "carl Philip" Thats leaves em wondering if you actually have the same name as him or if you´re just praccing. But next time ima try the name "The Crownprince of..." havent decided if im gonna use Sweden or some other country or just take a fictitious one...such as "Crownprince of neverland".
Maybe I´ll try my screen name 2...
A friend of mine has the name "Viking" it is his real name...he get so many questions....

Maz
05-10-2006, 11:41 PM
Maz is my nickname (one of many) anyway so it was only fitting that i'd use this, somewhere down the line i always get them asking about it or asking what my 'real' name is.

Beany
05-11-2006, 12:01 AM
I'm not sure if "Beany" would be that great a name to use.
Especiall since the way I acquired the name was because I gew up being crazy about Beano's.
Maybe girl would find it cute, but I'm not sure if it'd add to attraction.
Any opinions?

dagger
05-11-2006, 06:47 AM
I use Maverick on occasion. I was working this set and the guy realized it was from topgun. It was funny.
that's funny...i used to use "maverikk" too and sometimes girls would say the same top gun thing. it was good to run with, they would always ask if my buddy's name was "goose."
i quit using stage names for the most part. sometimes if i'm hammered i will still use one just to play with her. everyone has a different nickname for me anyway so i don't really need to make up stage names, i have plenty to begin with. girls often ask why i'm called [this] or [that] and it makes for good conversation.

hypno
05-11-2006, 04:11 PM
I never use my screen name but the name I usually use is Sam Iam suprisingly enough not to many people get it.

Satyre
05-13-2006, 03:09 PM
I've never used my screen name but now that I'm getting better, I'm going to start. It'd be kind of lame if some scrub came up and called himself 'Satyre.'

Lexus
05-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Deleted

Lexus
05-13-2006, 11:16 PM
A few of my wings have introduced me into sets as 'Lexus' which has been pretty damn funny - I think I'm going to take on a new name to use when in field that sounds like it could be a normal name though.
Something like Max Power (Nobody snuggles with Max Power, you strap yourself in and FEEL THE G'S)

sensuone
05-14-2006, 12:05 AM
Real name all the way. Not to brag but I've got a cool name. Hell, I get comliments just for introducing myself. Its unique, sounds good, and isn't too weird so I go with it. Seems like when I say it, girls form opinions based on it. Good opinions.

EgyptianPharoah
05-14-2006, 10:39 AM
Yeah, but Pharoah is only one of my alias in real life, so it's all good. I also use my real name too....

MunichHawk
05-14-2006, 10:45 AM
I run with two names in the PUA Community almost everywhere Hawk and here Punisher. But I never thought about using it. I like my real name and I don´t thing it would be a great advantage to use any of my Forum names.....

jokerrabit
05-14-2006, 03:50 PM
I have been playing with the idea of a name change in the feald from my real name to "tommy tyler grant" but only as a way to take on a different persona so I would I not only change my name but everything about my self the way dress and act as well.

LIMBURGER
05-15-2006, 03:00 AM
Deleted By Poster

TooMuch
05-15-2006, 03:06 AM
Here is what i do:
Girl: So, what's your name?
Me: The real one, or the one I say to everybody?
Girl: The Real One!
Me: Hicham..
Girl: And what's the other one?..
Me: Hicham! ..hehehe:D:D:D:D

jokerrabit
05-15-2006, 11:08 AM
lol good one I'll have to remember that.

trainrunner
05-18-2006, 04:12 PM
yes I do. Its part of my direct method. Hi, Im trainrunner, who are you?

Reian
05-24-2006, 11:57 AM
My real name is my screen name due to it being unqiue. But I have another one, but anyway, I call my wings why their nick sometimes. It's just funny.

javajunkie
05-25-2006, 02:44 AM
"Hi, I'm javajunkie"
*Twitch*

Vincent Chase
05-25-2006, 11:25 AM
"Hi, I'm javajunkie"
*Twitch*
LMAO!
This guy has an identity issue! ARE YOU JJ OR SPARTICUS?!

Navyryan
05-28-2006, 08:44 PM
It depends on where i am,
if im in a club near to where i live i use my own name,
If im further afield then I will use my nickname as its more fun and as someone else has already posted, that gives you the oppotunity to throw nicknames at HB`s.

Dao
05-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Women love a mysterious man. Give an obvious "stage name" and let them wonder. AFC's use real names. Alpha's have nicknames.
Hey Rodzilla, I may be a bit late to this thread, and i mean no disrespect, but I disagree with what you said (above). This question ("Do you use your real name...") came up at our MM bootcamp, and Sinn was very clear that you use your real name unless you have a lame or strange real name, in which case you change it. (One guy had a bit of a hard name to remember, so it was changed to "Jesse." He's on this forum, so I'll let him out himself if he so desires.) Note that the name he was given was not strange or special, and perhaps that was the point. If a girl finds out on a Day 2 or whenever that you lied about something as basic, and important, as your name, you're in deep crap and have just blown a lot of effort. To say, "My name is Jesse, but my friends call me Dao" or whatever... much better IMHO.

Phython
05-29-2006, 06:00 AM
look, keep it simple
you're not gonna get show if you use your real name, neither your aka
i've used phython a million times, as well as my name, but remember two things about this
1. you use your aka, if you have a misterious personality con tag along with, be careful from crossing the line of having stupid or AFC's aka, (anything related to dungeons & dragons, star wars or any other tv shows)
2. if you're going to say your name, some people think that, you must use your full name (first name & last name), others, that you only should say your first name, as for me, i use it complete, in an interesting tone, (think of james bond or ethan hunt), remember that when she asks you, that's an IOI, so play it cool
your friend
PHYTHON

johnny skeleton
05-30-2006, 09:36 AM
I can't imagine telling girls that my name is "Johnny Skeleton". My first name isn't even really Johnny. And Dao; thanks for the DL on what the mPUAs do, I've been wondering.

Frontman
08-24-2006, 03:39 AM
I am very curious about this one... When I am asked my name when I am out, I give them my real (AFC?) name. In my mind I am Frontman, but that would feel strange saying to someone. "Oh, who are you?" "I'm Frontman."
When you answer the poll, let me know what you think... should I use my "real" name, or my "new" name.
So... which one do you use?
Peace,
FM

Euphoria
08-24-2006, 04:51 AM
depends.. most of the time i use my real name...no harm in it..
if i wanna be a dick i use one of these 2 nicknames
'Youfiz' or 'Euphoria' euphoria usually turns into a dhv story :)

Fean
08-24-2006, 06:16 AM
HB: Hey, what's your name?
Me: They call me Dr. Love
Works like a charm ;)
I never use to say my real name.

Cream
08-24-2006, 06:19 AM
I personally think using a nickname is geeky. Keyboard Jockeyish. (Except Dr Love, :) )
Plus it makes you extra easy to AMOG. You need Style skills to be able to avoid an easy AMOG.

TriK
08-24-2006, 06:47 AM
I normally use my real name...depending on where i am ....in a club ill use my Forum nickname, until they ask for my real name,
a nickname does bring up a topic of conversation as well "so where did you get your nick name from"....

Sy
08-24-2006, 07:02 AM
Sy kinda covers both :p