PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Opener

Logic
12-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Hi, i'm new to the community and this is my first post anywhere, ever.
brief bio: read the game about 2 months ago, got about 5 friends deeply into it, been reading as much stuff online as possible, and practicing in the field. I'm pretty good at getting numbers at this point, although I do pull a lot of AFC moves all the time, but that's cool; that's the only way I learn.
tonight I was in miami, so I met with an old friend who brought 2 more friends with him. basically, 3 AFCs. we were sitting in this outside restuarant that was pretty much dead. 2 HB6s go to the bar and I decide to open. I told them that one of our friends wants to audition for american idol, but he's really terrible and we don't have the heart to tell him, what should we do. we laughed about it for a bit but then convo died down so I ejected. After going back to my table I decided to make one of the 3 guys my wingman/victim, mainly because he had a mohak. I went back to the girls after a couple of minutes and asked them if they would listen to him sing. I called him over and he sang for them (terribly). we laughed for a bit but then ejected because there were no IOIs. he asked them if they wanted to hang out this weekend, and one of them said that she has to go to the hospital for an exam or something. so I said, 'oh a bar exam'. got her friend laughing but had to eject a bit after because they didn't seem interested.
anyways, how can I make this routine better, and how can I move from this one to another?

legonz
12-12-2005, 09:31 PM
I wouldn't have sang at all. I don't know if it's "dancing monkey", but it could be construed as that. Otherwise, it's good that you were bold. My gig in duos is that one of us will be moderately quiet and the other is talkative. This may make no sense, but if you're both bulldogging, then your games may interfere with each other.

Fresno Smooth
12-12-2005, 10:59 PM
sounds lieka good opener considering the popularity of the series
if it was me doing it i would have done it all at once
goign in 2 times is ok but if there is no IOIs the first time
NEXT! as my friend rich says
as for moving from the opener to a convo
just ask normal things what their drinking, where they are from, how they know each other, ect. (best friends test)
just do it confiendently and respond to their answers
oh and look for things to bust them on
the hospital thing was good

Evans
12-13-2005, 06:18 AM
He agreed to sing! Who is this guy? Introduce me to him! lolz kidding
tell me his funny looking too....!

Unique
12-13-2005, 06:25 AM
Agree with Gonz, dont sing... make them beg you to sing,the friend should have gone over and said, "Hey i'm the friend he was on about, i'm ..."
Then he continues the conversation while you weave back into the set chatting to bar personel on the way or something,
A friend did the same to me in a strip club but didn't tell me, he said that i had got really far and was really good, the strippers asked me to sing when i returned to the group and i declined telling her to, negged her and her singing, but at the time was still too AFC to pull a stripper man...Still learning, wish i could be in that situation again actually...

Evans
12-13-2005, 08:40 AM
wish i could be in that situation again actually...
then go to the strip club! duh :P