PDA

View Full Version : Phone messages and frame - help

Jiffylube851
08-13-2006, 10:09 PM
I am convinced I blew another contact due to the stupid message I left. I reviewed it in my mind and it sounded really fucking stupid.
For some reason I have a REALLY hard time reaching girls when I call them before the day2. I usually try between 8 and 9pm. What should I do when they don't answer, and do you have any good message scripts, and ways to warm up and get "into state" before making the call?

Levo
08-13-2006, 11:00 PM
What do you want? A magic bullet script to read to a girl?
A script wont work without the right frame and delivery, and if you have that you dont really need a script.
Call her up, you are the prize and she has to win you over.
Hey HBBlahblah, this is Jiffylube, from the auto repair shop. I'm just hanging with my friends and we're heading out to the Napa store later so call me if wanna come with. Later.

Crooked
08-14-2006, 03:02 AM
I am convinced I blew another contact due to the stupid message I left. I reviewed it in my mind and it sounded really fucking stupid.
For some reason I have a REALLY hard time reaching girls when I call them before the day2. I usually try between 8 and 9pm. What should I do when they don't answer, and do you have any good message scripts, and ways to warm up and get "into state" before making the call?
i watched the verve's bittersweey symphony video before i made my phone calls before. it's a good frame of mind to have. no matter what you are unphased.
besides that, before i make a phone call i outline the main things i want to say or touch on and i reread them so i dont forget when i call. sometimes ill have something good/funny i was going to say and i'll forget about it. the main thing though is that you have to be comfortable with yourself and you've got to be confident that you're going to be money when you call.

sigma
08-14-2006, 04:30 AM
a number is good
but without a time to call it is essentially useless, because if you call once or twice and she returns once or twice and neither of you get the other, than the connection will most often be lost
get a time to call
as a sidebar. I always recommend email. People will reply to e-mails more often. If i get a voicemail that is a week old, I might not reply, but I will reply to a week old e-mail for sure
try the email, it's a great way to go !

Gametime
08-14-2006, 02:58 PM
What do you think about text messaging first? Girls love it and it's really casual. You dont have to respond right away and you get time to think about what you are going to say without having to be spontaneous. Then you can plan a time to call them later and both of you will be more comfortable.

Harlequin
08-14-2006, 03:02 PM
A cheeky fist text can work wonders.
After getting a girl's number in a supermarket I texted:
"Hey, comeback to kitchenware, isle 5, we'll wrap ourselves in cling-film & you can wear a barcode on your forehead... people will know we're an item then. Call you tomorrow at 8... maybe get together @ wk-end. xx"
First of all, retain the power of indifference. If you're going to call text to say the time you're going to call, that way, if she avoids the call you know she knew about it beforehand & has likely flaked. You didn't qualify enough, boo-hoo, call the next girl.
Use the word MAYBE often. Hope + Doubt = Passion. This is why false takeaways & cat stringing & push pull theory work so well.