PDA

View Full Version : Turning to alcohol again after break up

ILSB28JH
09-05-2018, 03:57 PM
The end of a relationship can really crush your heart and soul. Ever since my girlfriend and I broke up Iíve been feeling so empty and unsure of my future. Itís like I donít even know what I want to do with my life anymore. I used to dislike thinking too far from the future but when we were together, I started imagining my days with her. We were going to make it big in our careers and we would come home to each other at the end of the day. She was the one for me but then things ended between us.

I tried keeping my normal routine for like 3 months but it didnít seem right anymore. I would wake up, go to work, then come home. Itís a boring cycle. So I started drinking before sleep. 1 bottle turned to 2 then I couldnít count it anymore. I used to work as a foreign affair matchmaker but then they forced me to resign because I was ďtoo depressed for the hopeless romanticsĒ my boss said. I feel bad for the people around me because theyíre trying hard to support me but I just canít seem to find the motivation to stop this drinking habit. Should I consult a professional? Do I voluntarily present myself for rehab?

originl
11-09-2018, 10:15 AM
Yes, go to rehab.

Thereís plenty of other things you can do with your time that are more enjoyable and much more rewarding, if you canít bring yourself to do some of them then itís best to get help. Do it for yourself.

don juan matus
01-01-2019, 10:42 AM
its no means of healing stabbing more wounds in yourself

get a gym pass, a yoga pass and some melatonin extra strength

you can meet people and socialize at the gym and yoga and the melatonin will knock you right out

i feel exactly how you feel. gutted. but that does not prevent me to use my extra energy to be more healthy and a better version of my own self

alcohol will only make things a lot worse, pick up some new healthy habits like i sugested

kindest regards

djm