PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay to stay friends after break up?

ccoping30
08-02-2018, 04:37 PM
Thereís a big argument whether two people can stay friends after a break up. I was wondering if we can really be friends with the people we used to love. My ex girlfriend and I have long been broken up but until today we kept a civil relationship. When asked, we consider each other as friends. Iím just not sure if this is actually a good idea for the both of us. Iíve tried talking to a top foreign dating coach from this online site and they said it could result to another heartbreak but it can be good too. I want to know what others online has to say about this.

Richardd
10-27-2018, 08:23 AM
I think it depends on the couple and how they've both progressed in the process of moving on. Sometimes one person hasn't fully gotten over the breakup and so it'll still be hard seeing the ex and facing the reality of they not being in a relationship anymore. In that case it's hard to be friends. But if both people are over the breakup fully, maintaining friendship is easier and mutually beneficial.

originl
11-09-2018, 07:06 AM
Possible yes, but almost certainly not helpful to either of you.

If either of you still have ANY feelings for the other then theyíre bound to resurface and cause shit at some point.

I treat mine as Iíll never be rude to them, bad mouth them or try to hurt / upset them in any way, but Iíll never make an effort to contact or see them and would avoid them on nights out wherever possible.