PDA

View Full Version : Cat string fail?

hoovas
02-02-2018, 12:05 PM
I had a girl attracted to me. I think I was using cat string theory well and sending mixed signals.

Everything was fine until:

Me: I want to be honest with you. I'm taking things slow because I have a habit of rushing into relationships. I enjoy talking to you. I'm excited about Saturday. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Her: That's good to take things slow. I made plans for our date time because I didn't know what was going on with you. If you're nice Saturday hopefully we can get together again soon.

Next day.

Her: I need to be honest. I'm not saying that anything is happening but I need to work on myself. I'm not interested in having men in my life even as just friends. Best of luck.

Did I blow it by expressing interest?

Honey Badger
02-03-2018, 10:10 AM
Did I blow it by expressing interest?

I'd say the opposite. Blowing it by expressing interest is a myth. Unless you're being too needy, telling a girl you like her or want to go on a date is normal. Because she said she made plans for the date time, I assume that's because you were trying this old cat string thing and she didn't know if it was actually going to happen. That's the wrong way to go about it. Make plans, stick to them unless something actually comes up, and don't try and manipulate women into chasing you by faking being flaky with this 'method'. This is especially true with older women, who may have had guys do that kinda stuff: lead them around or whatever. It leaves a bad taste in their mouth. That was developed for really high value targets back in the day, but has very little real world application in my opinion. It's old methods like that which get guys stuck. Be upfront and honest with your intentions.

hoovas
02-03-2018, 11:35 AM
Thanks a bunch for the response. I really appreciate it

hoovas
02-03-2018, 08:35 PM
Is there any way to fix it or do I just move on

Honey Badger
02-05-2018, 08:02 AM
Both options are my vote. Always be ready to move on.

A way to fix it would be to simply reinitiate and set up another time to meet up like nothing happened.

gq1
02-05-2018, 12:33 PM
Her: That's good to take things slow. I made plans for our date time because I didn't know what was going on with you.
Ouch kiss of death in my opinion.

I get this from women all the time, and not on purpose (I'm just a bit scattered) ... I've never recovered from this very well.