PDA

View Full Version : Advice

rlswaney
01-30-2018, 06:50 PM
Ok so about two years ago I fixed this girl's parents air conditioning. About a year ago she asked me to change her thermostat and then a few months ago I fixed her boiler. After that we started talking through text. I finally asked her if she would like to have dinner and she said dinner would be nice. I asked her if she would like to go the weekend on the week I asked her she said how about the following weekend cause she had her kid that weekend.i said that weekend would be fine. She said she would get back to me on the day. Now my question is A(when do I approach her if she doesn't get back to me and B(how often should I text her to talk and stuff. I don't know what to text her some days but want to talk

Honey Badger
01-30-2018, 09:28 PM
Ok so about two years ago I fixed this girl's parents air conditioning. About a year ago she asked me to change her thermostat and then a few months ago I fixed her boiler. After that we started talking through text. I finally asked her if she would like to have dinner and she said dinner would be nice. I asked her if she would like to go the weekend on the week I asked her she said how about the following weekend cause she had her kid that weekend.i said that weekend would be fine. She said she would get back to me on the day. Now my question is A(when do I approach her if she doesn't get back to me and B(how often should I text her to talk and stuff. I don't know what to text her some days but want to talk

Most of my leads I don't text until right before to confirm plans. I'd recommend the day before. "Hey X, are we still on for tomorrow at X?" The day of you can send a text too but something playful and another reconfirmation. Don't be too needy with it.

I usually won't text to talk until we've met up in person for a date/occasion. That might go against the usual way of thinking, but conversations over text can A) take things away from interpersonal communication during the meet up and B) sometimes come across as needy if you're not used to it. Plus text messages can always be misinterpreted due to the lack of face to face interaction.

After the date, you can text as you see fit. Some girls are all about it but some don't really care for it. Just gotta figure it out.