PDA

View Full Version : Taking Compliments

Lyric
12-15-2005, 12:18 PM
Here's a great question for us to answer.
What is the best way to accept a compliment when a woman gives it to you?
I assume that you might have different responses depending on what level your relationship is at. For example;
Attraction stage - she says: "I like your eyes" response: Cocky Funny?
Comfort stage - she says: "I like your eyes" response: soul gazing? NLP convo?
Seducation stage - she says: "I like your eyes" response: turn on the Ying Yang, "Whisper Song" :D
Any thoughts on this?

Fader
12-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Here's a great question for us to answer.
What is the best way to accept a compliment when a woman gives it to you?
I assume that you might have different responses depending on what level your relationship is at. For example;
Attraction stage - she says: "I like your eyes" response: Cocky Funny?
Comfort stage - she says: "I like your eyes" response: soul gazing? NLP convo?
Seducation stage - she says: "I like your eyes" response: turn on the Ying Yang, "Whisper Song" :D
Any thoughts on this?
Attraction stage - she says: "I like your eyes" response: Cocky Funny? Thank you for noticing. Especially if she says something like your funny when you are busting her balls
Attraction stage - she says: "I like your hat" response: Mystery Method.
Mystery said in the dvd no you dont you're attracted to me.
A simple response. Thank you and pause.

Fresno Smooth
12-15-2005, 12:25 PM
me and dickatropolis love to neg women when the give us a compliment
saying things like
im glad you noticed
im glad you liek it
im glad your jealose
are funny, comunicate that your cocky as well, and that you have enough confidence to bust her balls
mind you you have to be a good judge of when to neg and when to just say thanks
saying thank you and thank you alone is very important - the moment you start to explain yourself you are tryign to qualify yourself to her and you come of as insecure
i like the stuff you said about soul gazing and shit
some girls really buy into that and might be a great avenue to explore
as for the nlp stuff i may just hold off on that
on one hand it might work wonders
but on the other it may sabotage you because she may think you are manipulating her

Ender
12-15-2005, 12:26 PM
i'm very fond of 'thanks...' because i don't want to tease a girl about praising my looks, hell i like that, but i will use the information she's given me and then make her love me for it. you win some, lose some.

Maverick
12-15-2005, 01:17 PM
Simple. "Thank You."

Lyric
12-15-2005, 01:36 PM
Simple. "Thank You."
Oh come on Maverick. Simply saying "Thank You" is the most uncreative, common, plain way to respond. It shows little of your personality and leads the conversation no where.
Maybe you can respond, "thank you." But then you have to segueway into something else or the interaction goes flat.

Crux
12-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Oh come on Maverick. Simply saying "Thank You" is the most uncreative, common, plain way to respond. It shows little of your personality and leads the conversation no where.
Maybe you can respond, "thank you." But then you have to segueway into something else or the interaction goes flat.
Thank you is the best way to respond. If someone gives you a compliment (not just in the world of picking up chicks) you take it as is. Why bust on a girl? They are giving you an IOI and you are REJECTING it.
If someone compliments me on my eyes (which happens quite a lot) I will say, "Thanks, I get that a lot". Otherwise, for anything else, I will say "Thanks".
If you've been GAMING a girl to the point where she gives you a compliment, you don't need to think up of a creative, uncommon way to respond. You've already demonstrated your personality, and if she IOI's you with a compliment, why overkill?
To fad3r:
About the whole Mystery thing saying, "no you're not, you are attracted to me."
I think it only applies when a girl approaches him while he is already in set with a girl or has demonstrated such high value that the girls OPEN him.
I also think it would work better if a girl actually insults something about you. A guy will be more likely to respond to a girl's insult, than a girl's compliment. For example, if you are wearing a black top hat, and a girl comes up to you and says, "I hate your hat." You respond with, "No you're not, you are attracted me."

Rodzilla
12-15-2005, 04:23 PM
What we have here is an age difference. You should accept a compliment for what it is, because you are confident and comfortable with yourself, with a "thanks" or Thank you".
If you're worried about ending "flat" say "Glad you noticed, that tells me alot about you"
need more? add, "here let me see your hand, ahh haaa...mmm hhmm, just as I suspected. You see this right here...this shows that...."

Lyric
12-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Thank you is the best way to respond. If someone gives you a compliment (not just in the world of picking up chicks) you take it as is. Why bust on a girl? They are giving you an IOI and you are REJECTING it.
If someone compliments me on my eyes (which happens quite a lot) I will say, "Thanks, I get that a lot". Otherwise, for anything else, I will say "Thanks".
If you've been GAMING a girl to the point where she gives you a compliment, you don't need to think up of a creative, uncommon way to respond. You've already demonstrated your personality, and if she IOI's you with a compliment, why overkill?"
Hold up now. I didn't say anything about NEGGING a girl who compliments you. Of course you take her compliment with a Thank you, but then you have to escalate the Game or it goes nowhere. I am not talking about when you GAME a girl into complimenting you. I'm thinking of when a girl approaches you initially to start a convo, "I like your hat." "hey, cool moves" etc... she really doesn't know anything at that point. She is slightly attracted, but you still have to escalate the cat and mouse chase. C&F to the rescue.
=====
Trust me. Age and confidence are not the issue here, Rod.

Rodzilla
12-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Right on Lyric.

Crux
12-15-2005, 06:26 PM
Hold up now. I didn't say anything about NEGGING a girl who compliments you. Of course you take her compliment with a Thank you, but then you have to escalate the Game or it goes nowhere. I am not talking about when you GAME a girl into complimenting you. I'm thinking of when a girl approaches you initially to start a convo, "I like your hat." "hey, cool moves" etc... she really doesn't know anything at that point. She is slightly attracted, but you still have to escalate the cat and mouse chase. C&F to the rescue.
=====
Trust me. Age and confidence are not the issue here, Rod.
In that case, right on. I thought you meant DURING the Pickup.

SunnyD
12-15-2005, 07:58 PM
I am going to have to agree with the "Thanks", Thank You", or whatever form of acceptance in that area. Every second of the conversation doesn't have to be rehearsed, with som line, game, pattern, neg, or whatever, I think a lot of you are trying to put so much into it and that's going to kick you right in the butt. I have an idea how about with the lines and game and everything else throw a little of your own personality in there and be yourself. In the end if she does liek you and wants to see you again, she's going to see your real personality and not just the game you won her over with. So use your game and your own personality and not just straight BS and you will be fine.

Lothario
12-16-2005, 05:36 PM
Calibrate.
Always calibrate.
Sometimes a simple thank you is good.
Sometimes a neg.
Go with your PUA instinct. Say what will help you progress to the next phase.
~DeVill

waxlrose
12-17-2005, 01:00 AM
All the guys who said "Thank You" are right. It's confident, not cocky. If u walk up to George Clooney and give him a compliment, is he gonna neg you? Is he gonna make you feel like an ass? No, he's confident, and he would compliment you back.

MacGyver
12-17-2005, 01:59 AM
This happened just this morning, chick says you have pretty bluegreen eyes
to me. my response you have pretty brown eyes….that means your full of shit.
She laughed, but I don’t think this applies to your question as much because
we were already in her bed naked and F-closed
I F-closed her the first night we met, I pre-gamed her on MySpace first
saves time.

FortyTwo
12-17-2005, 05:33 AM
Macguyver: I know this is veering off-topic, but how did you actually pre-game her on Myspace?
It's something I've been wanting to try for a while, but haven't got round to it yet
As for the question, I usually go with "Thank you", but "You're just saying that to get on my good side" generally works better and gets them giggling (it's the whole "convince them that they're chasing you" thing, whatever it's called)
I haven't tried "you're just saying that to get into my pants" yet, but I can't see why that wouldn't work if you've already established attraction

smooth
12-17-2005, 09:32 AM
i dont know if these are right or wrong, but i have had girls approach and compliment on the hat, or mention they saw me dancing and so forth
in response to i like your hat i usually say "thank you, hey would you like to try it on?" her approaching and mentioning the hat is an IOI to signal that you need to game her, if she puts the hat on i usually follow with "meh, looks better on me" then take it back.
in reponse to nice moves out there i usually ask her to dance if she agrees while we're dancing i kinda say ow once or twice during a song until she asks whats wrong.. i then say "oh nothing, you stepped on my foot" yet another neg.