PDA

View Full Version : Hooking up and talking, then no response to text

keegs
11-15-2015, 08:20 PM
Would like to get people's opinions on this:

Met a girl at a bar while out with some friends on Friday night this weekend. At the bar, we're talking, dancing, making out. We walk back to her house (she's holding my hand the whole time) and hangout for maybe an hour or two - talking, hooking up more. She's seems pretty interested based on questions she's asking me and just general vibe. She has a friend visiting so I get an uber finally at around 430am. She texts "thanks for walking me home" 15 min later (she had put her number in earlier). I respond with something and she says something back.

I don't text her back again until saturday around 3p, saying let's grab drinks this week. Haven't gotten a reply yet. Does this warrant a double text on like Weds this week? She was a cool girl and i feel like she was clearly attracted and interested - don't understand the radio silence.

Vox
11-15-2015, 10:18 PM
Few reasons this can happen:

1) You got all the way back to her place and got presumably somewhat physical but not pulling the trigger and making things happen can cause a drop in attraction

2) She's in a different mental state from when you guys last hung out and you need to re-engage on that level first

3) Following on from point 2, don't just text a meet up suggestion for your first message. Initiate contact first, engage with her a bit, have fun etc and then suggest the meet up (this doesn't mean endlessly text but you do need to do something before suggesting the meet up)

keegs
11-16-2015, 04:55 PM
Few reasons this can happen:

1) You got all the way back to her place and got presumably somewhat physical but not pulling the trigger and making things happen can cause a drop in attraction

2) She's in a different mental state from when you guys last hung out and you need to re-engage on that level first

3) Following on from point 2, don't just text a meet up suggestion for your first message. Initiate contact first, engage with her a bit, have fun etc and then suggest the meet up (this doesn't mean endlessly text but you do need to do something before suggesting the meet up)

Thanks for the reply. Not sure if you knew I meant I'm looking for advice on the second text - do you mean for the double text it needs to be about something else?

keegs
11-16-2015, 06:53 PM
So i sent a double text referencing something we talked about that night. She just replied saying:

"Haha actually pretty busy this week sorry! And pretty sure you made fun of my______ (lame thing I mentioned)"

Thoughts on how to proceed? I feel like it would be too eager to ask when she will be free. Maybe I could ask about meeting up out over the weekend?

ugh

Duut
11-17-2015, 02:05 AM
So i sent a double text referencing something we talked about that night. She just replied saying:

"Haha actually pretty busy this week sorry! And pretty sure you made fun of my______ (lame thing I mentioned)"

Thoughts on how to proceed? I feel like it would be too eager to ask when she will be free. Maybe I could ask about meeting up out over the weekend?

ugh

Don't panic. Why are you in such a rush, you have a number and you begin immediately with asking to meet up. This doesn't work with girls, they are not the same as guys. You need to be funny, light conversations that doesn't ask too much investment from her side. Using callback humor, talking about something you laughed about together, which you now did on your double text.

Try to make statements, use humor and don't be desperate to get her out on a date. When you think you have a better rapport with her then before, then you can ask her out again. But after her first reject, and not offering another date you have to wait at least 3 days. Get her interested in texting you. And yes, next time try to arrange a date in the week. Weekends is for your friends and or family, immediately coming with a Friday or Saturday looks too much invested from your side. You don't want her to think you don't have friends or a life right.