PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what's going on here...

JaRo
07-30-2015, 01:08 PM
So, I add this girl from my college on fb, didn't know her from before but where I am it's tiny so it doesn't really matter all that much. Get her number within the space of a few messages, lots of messages back and forth while getting to know each other. She goes away on holiday and the texts understandably start drying up. We keep messaging sporadically and when she gets back I suggest us hanging out as I'm going to be staying with a friend soon who lives near her. She replies with "Saweeet, sounds awesome! Let me knowwwww". I say I'll let her know when I'm down so we can do something, throw in a few teases about how where she is from is a dump etc. Now in the last week or so the responses are kind of drying up. She's not using smileys as much either. Occasionally her replies will be longer but on the whole they are fairly short and she's taking roughly a day to reply in most cases, bar a quick stream of messages from time to time. It's also fairly obvious that she is on her phone a lot but is taking ages to reply. The last message I sent was about Cecil the Lion-we both posted about it on fb and I sent a message along the lines of "nice to know we share the same opinion" as a means of getting her to discuss it. The last message I got was "omg yeah I hate some people haha, so much". I've been short messaging back and taking hours to reply to her messages too. Yet she always replies. I'm considering sending something along the lines of "zzzzzz" or "boooooring" in reply. I would have called her by now but she has hang ups about how her voice sounds (we exchanged voice messages early on when she was more invested). Basically my question is, should I bust her balls or just move on? She hasn't ignored a message yet but I also think it's going downhill.

JaRo
07-30-2015, 01:12 PM
On a side note, she does seem to be fairly busy during the day and she apologised early on for not replying quickly (it's how I ended up getting her number in the first place). On the two occasions in the last month that I have double messages her she has replied almost instantly. Having said that she's often posting on fb and snapchat, and whenever I send her a snap she responds using the message feature without sending a photo back. The only photo she has sent was during our first whatsapp conversation and she initiated it. Confusing.

rockycruz
07-30-2015, 02:24 PM
So, I add this girl from my college on fb, didn't know her from before but where I am it's tiny so it doesn't really matter all that much. Get her number within the space of a few messages, lots of messages back and forth while getting to know each other. She goes away on holiday and the texts understandably start drying up. We keep messaging sporadically and when she gets back I suggest us hanging out as I'm going to be staying with a friend soon who lives near her. She replies with "Saweeet, sounds awesome! Let me knowwwww". I say I'll let her know when I'm down so we can do something, throw in a few teases about how where she is from is a dump etc. Now in the last week or so the responses are kind of drying up. She's not using smileys as much either. Occasionally her replies will be longer but on the whole they are fairly short and she's taking roughly a day to reply in most cases, bar a quick stream of messages from time to time. It's also fairly obvious that she is on her phone a lot but is taking ages to reply. The last message I sent was about Cecil the Lion-we both posted about it on fb and I sent a message along the lines of "nice to know we share the same opinion" as a means of getting her to discuss it. The last message I got was "omg yeah I hate some people haha, so much". I've been short messaging back and taking hours to reply to her messages too. Yet she always replies. I'm considering sending something along the lines of "zzzzzz" or "boooooring" in reply. I would have called her by now but she has hang ups about how her voice sounds (we exchanged voice messages early on when she was more invested). Basically my question is, should I bust her balls or just move on? She hasn't ignored a message yet but I also think it's going downhill.

You need to push away the logic about her voice, her "fairly busy day" and escalate fast to phone call. This needed to be done faster instead of texting or sending fb messages too much.

You need to move faster to phone call and meet up man.

Also, don't spend too much time with one girl. You're investing a lot here mate on one girl and you haven't even met, dated, fked. So make sure you got options i.e. other girls.

Like a marketer who has lots of leads, so if one stops, dries up, you don't care as you got others lined up - and you don't act like an average frustrated chump, scared to make a move.

JaRo
07-30-2015, 02:26 PM
You need to push away the logic about her voice, her "fairly busy day" and escalate fast to phone call. This needed to be done faster instead of texting or sending fb messages too much.

You need to move faster to phone call and meet up man.

Well I know that if I can get her to meet up my game is solid enough to create attraction. However if I call her at this point i'm not entirely sure how receptive she will be. To be fair even a good phone call would work but if she's busy or doesn't pick up then it may be hard to come back from that.

I am talking to other girls at the moment but this one is the one I am most likely to go on a date with given the logistics and the fact that the college I went to isn't far from home either.

rockycruz
08-01-2015, 12:22 PM
However if I call her at this point i'm not entirely sure how receptive she will be.

That's why you move faster to find out.

To be fair even a good phone call would work but if she's busy or doesn't pick up then it may be hard to come back from that.

That's just your logic mind, putting her on a pedestal.

Anyway, up to you but I feel you're mind is made up, too much logic to escalate faster.

JaRo
08-01-2015, 01:26 PM
That's why you move faster to find out.

That's just your logic mind, putting her on a pedestal.

Anyway, up to you but I feel you're mind is made up, too much logic to escalate faster.

I get your point. She claimed today that she's just rubbish at texting. When I suggested calling she said she preferred texting to calling. I think this one is done.

rockycruz
08-01-2015, 08:30 PM
I get your point. She claimed today that she's just rubbish at texting. When I suggested calling she said she preferred texting to calling. I think this one is done.

Yes, she's wasting your time and just wants attention. Now you know, and screened her out. That's what great about moving faster. You can find out where girl is at and level of interest to either move on or continue.

In this case, she's a waste of time.

JaRo
08-02-2015, 11:20 AM
Yes, she's wasting your time and just wants attention. Now you know, and screened her out. That's what great about moving faster. You can find out where girl is at and level of interest to either move on or continue.

In this case, she's a waste of time.

Yeah, except I woke up to a load of messages from her furthering the conversation and opening up to me about stuff...

rockycruz
08-02-2015, 11:41 AM
Yeah, except I woke up to a load of messages from her furthering the conversation and opening up to me about stuff...

It doesn't change a thing.

I'd not spend much time and be busy. Focus on other girls and have her on the back burner kind of thing. If she ain't willing to take next step, don't emotionally invest too much time. She knows you're pulling away, so be a challenge.

Some girls do things to validate their ego, and waste a lot of guys time, and hungry to just have attention.

Girls like and chase what is a challenge, what they can't get.

Keep her on backburner. You dont have to close her off completely but you do need to focus on your priorities.

JaRo
08-02-2015, 11:45 AM
It doesn't change a thing.

I'd not spend much time and be busy. Focus on other girls and have her on the back burner kind of thing. If she ain't willing to take next step, don't emotionally invest too much time. She knows you're pulling away, so be a challenge.

Some girls do things to validate their ego, and waste a lot of guys time, and hungry to just have attention.

Girls like and chase what is a challenge, what they can't get.

Keep her on backburner. You dont have to close her off completely but you do need to focus on your priorities.

Solid advice. Thanks man, so many lurkers on here who don't bother posting! She just messaged me now-been delaying replies anyway so i'll just keep doing what i'm doing. To be honest the lack of replies before kinda put me off which is good because I was developing a bit of oneitus.

Andrew Beretta
08-02-2015, 01:03 PM
So I'm a couple days late, but nonetheless.

JaRo, let me make something clear. Solid numbers come from solid game. If the girl your texting is flaky it's because your first impression wasn't good enough.

The way a girl responds to your texts is a good indicator of how interested she is. The better your initial interaction the better her responses.

That said, I'm assuming you never met this girl? If that's the case... move on. Don't waste your time on a number you never met. You have a better chance meeting a girl today and having drinks with her tonight then you do chasing this number.

Bang bang,

-Beretta