PDA

View Full Version : Best way to walk away?

rdc363
04-13-2015, 03:39 PM
So.. been dating this pretty cute hb. But really, I'm not too happy in the relationship at this point. I know it's all my fault, because I basically suck at relationships. I can kind of tell she is getting bored with me a little as well. (maybe that's the biggest reason I'm unhappy? Hahaha!)

We both have a lot going in our career -- it has basically gotten to the point the honeymoon is all over. :-(

I do really like her, but broke up with her last weekend (because the signs of doom are there). She came over and tried really hard to make things like we were. That lasted about one night, then it seems the next day things were back to the "after the honeymoon phase".

Is it ok to just tell her, we need a break from each other to make sure this is what we both want? Like I said, I really like this gal. But can just see things going south for the both of us at this point. I guess its just hard to tell her that I really do like her, but not too sure I want to be with her.

Crap! I'm sounding like chick! :eek:

TheRogue
04-13-2015, 04:01 PM
You do know the honeymoon phase ends in every relationship, right? After that, it's more about friendship, teamwork, and building a life together (with a bit of passion sprinkled in here and there). Is this girl someone you want to build a life with? If not, just tell her you're not ready to settle down and you need to focus on your career. I know it's cliche to say "it's not you, it's me," but I think it's easier on the other person than knowing they just didn't make the mark.

Rogue

ainsworth70
04-20-2015, 04:39 AM
So.. been dating this pretty cute hb. But really, I'm not too happy in the relationship at this point. I know it's all my fault, because I basically suck at relationships. I can kind of tell she is getting bored with me a little as well. (maybe that's the biggest reason I'm unhappy? Hahaha!)

We both have a lot going in our career -- it has basically gotten to the point the honeymoon is all over. :-(

I do really like her, but broke up with her last weekend (because the signs of doom are there). She came over and tried really hard to make things like we were. That lasted about one night, then it seems the next day things were back to the "after the honeymoon phase".

Is it ok to just tell her, we need a break from each other to make sure this is what we both want? Like I said, I really like this gal. But can just see things going south for the both of us at this point. I guess its just hard to tell her that I really do like her, but not too sure I want to be with her.

Crap! I'm sounding like chick! :eek:

If you like her then maybe is best to take some time off to try find out what you really want.