PDA

View Full Version : Long distance getting shorter

johnmatthewr
12-28-2014, 09:20 AM
Started a pretty intense 4 month long long distance relationship. She was going to take a job in the city where I live but that did not pan out, and sort of left us in limbo. The long distance got to be a bit stressful for both of us; we were always either traveling or entertaining/hosting the other person. I think it was a bit tougher on her since I travel a lot for work.

Anyways, I initiated the breakup by saying I don't think either of us are getting what we wanted out of this. She said she needed some space during the holidays and that a long distance thing wasn't something she could do, let alone an indefinite long distance relationship.

I asked for 2 weeks of NC, which she more or less violated passively by liking things on social media and actively by texting. The wrinkle here is that she lives in my hometown so I was up there for the holidays. She asked if we could meet up, but I told her I would be leaving before she returned home from the holidays. We spoke on Christmas, kept it light.

For other reasons (work, family, current lease ending) I have decided to move back to the same city as her. Shitty timing maybe.

Anyways - the question I have is, how do I play this? I think if we didn't live half a country apart we probably would have worked out. I move back in 6 weeks. Do I continue NC even though we have been in touch?

Just keep light contact and offer to meet up when I move back?

I have a pretty good head on my shoulders about this, I have hooked up with a few other girls since we broke it off two weeks ago, and I think I would be quite fine being single in a new city. That said I think there is some unfinished business there.

CowboyCasanova
12-28-2014, 09:34 AM
Do whatever feels natural and see other chicks until you're back.

lassebauer
02-26-2015, 04:56 PM
Its hard to answer your question in a meaningful way - because it depends on what you want, what your hopes and goals are.
If youre confused about what you want from the whole situation and how you feel about her - either make it a priority to find out, or like Cowboy says; play it by ear and take things as they come.
If there are no absolute dealbreakers or any lack of must-haves with your relationship with her (now that distance wont be a problem anymore), Id suggest meeting up with her casually, and take it from there.

CowboyCasanova
02-27-2015, 04:39 AM
This was a couple of months ago.....and update from the OP?