PDA

View Full Version : Getting in contact with a girl I haven't talked to in years.

BobbyRedSox24
11-29-2014, 10:59 PM
So there's this girl I went to high school with, she was a couple years younger than me. My senior year I found out that she had a crush on me, or at least that is what her brother told me. I never really thought anything of it as I considered her too young at the time. Fast forward three years and I just saw her for the first time in a long while. I saw her at the store from a distance, she was with friends so I ended up just waving to her. She had definitely grown up a lot since the last time I saw her. As we walked in opposite directions I looked back, catching her look away quickly, as though not to be caught staring. Fast forward again about three months and I can't get this girl out of my head. I no longer live in the same town, as I moved about eight hours away for college. However, I will be back for over a month during winter break in about three weeks. I tried finding her on social media sites, but I could not find her. I did manage to get her number from a friend though, but have not tried to contact her just yet. Having not talked to her in so long I have a few questions . . .

I know I can carry a conversation with her easily if given the chance. All I have to go on is the fact that I may or may have not caught her staring back at me. I would think that meant that there is at least some interest still there, but I may just be over thinking this. Also, say I do text her the first day, I ask her how she's been, how's school going, blah, blah blah. What I was wondering is, after the initial contact the first day, how to I contact her again a second time? Like I mentioned, I have three weeks until I return home, so three weeks until I could even have a chance of asking her on a so called date. In those three weeks, how often should I text her? I would like to at least get to know her a little better, but after the first time I text her, I don't want to follow up a day or two later with just 'hey'. Any ideas on how to keep consistently start up a texting conversation would be great. She doesn't know I'm into her, so its hard for me to think of any good ideas to get a conversation going, and giving her signs that I like her.

Thanks for the help everyone, its greatly appreciated.