PDA

View Full Version : Friends or booty call?

Nicealpha
11-25-2014, 10:15 PM
So recently a female friend of mine has been having some boyfriend issues and tonight she text'd me out of the blue asking if I could come over because something big had happened. She told me her and her boyfriend (of almost two years) were "taking a break."

Now, maybe what I'm considering is really fucked up. But, that's why I'm asking here. Is she considering me as a rebound? Do you think I should arrive expecting her to hit on me? We've spent a good amount of time together, but we've never gotten very deep and I sure as hell would not be the first person she would contact for emotional support... She has plenty of close girl friends for that.

Also, when I asked when I should come over she said "idk whenever... at 10:12pm. When told I could be there in 15 minutes she stopped me with no explanation and told me to come in 30 instead.

All of this is very odd behavior and doesn't seem like her at all. Am I misreading the signals?

(Obviously this could be in the text message section too, but this is more about being "that rebound guy" then actually analyzing or responding to the texts.)

philemon
11-26-2014, 06:20 AM
you would never know until you go.

rockycruz
11-27-2014, 05:47 PM
So recently a female friend of mine has been having some boyfriend issues and tonight she text'd me out of the blue asking if I could come over because something big had happened. She told me her and her boyfriend (of almost two years) were "taking a break."

Now, maybe what I'm considering is really fucked up. But, that's why I'm asking here. Is she considering me as a rebound? Do you think I should arrive expecting her to hit on me? We've spent a good amount of time together, but we've never gotten very deep and I sure as hell would not be the first person she would contact for emotional support... She has plenty of close girl friends for that.

Also, when I asked when I should come over she said "idk whenever... at 10:12pm. When told I could be there in 15 minutes she stopped me with no explanation and told me to come in 30 instead.

All of this is very odd behavior and doesn't seem like her at all. Am I misreading the signals?

(Obviously this could be in the text message section too, but this is more about being "that rebound guy" then actually analyzing or responding to the texts.)

Well, for starters, I won't be coming over. I'd tell her to come over and give her the time. She don't like it, tough. Second, when you do meet and she talks about her problem, don't even bother being a "nice" guy. Change the damn subject. You're not her trash can or "bitch."

Instead, "too bad, you got somethings to sort out," then change the subject. Keep doing that. If she talks bad about her ex - do not indulge in trying to paint him into a bad guy too. Don't talk bad about him or give opinion. Change the subject, continue to do so.

Personally, when a girl does that, I say, "too bad you got some stuff to sort out, talk to a friend about it."

You're message is your not going to be put in a role of a "friend."

You're not looking for that. You're not there to cuddle her, for her to cry on your shoulder, talk till late night. So watch it, she doesn't put you in the role of a FRIEND.