PDA

View Full Version : No Contact in Social Group

Cruise15
11-06-2014, 06:50 PM
Hey Guys,

So I broke up this girl recently. We only dated for a few months, but I'd say things were very emotionally intense during that time and I know at one point, we both really liked each other. For whatever reason, her attraction faded (My best guess is another guy came around that she was interested in) and she told me she didn't want anything too serious or whatever that whole spiel is. I ended up breaking things off with her soon after because I knew that was a bull shit reason and she continued to text me soon after the break up and seemed really interested in talking. I fell into the trap at the time (lesson learned) cause I still really liked her, but realistically she was just setting up a safety net.

Anyway, I found up she was hooking up with other guys, and It's FOR SURE over now. I've been using the no contact rule for a couple weeks and have ignored a few texts she's sent. I'm doing a good job at moving on, but its weird because one of my best friends is dating her good friend (she's over all the fucking time) so I feel like I'm always being watched. And second of all, its very likely that I am going to continue to see her at social settings.

My question is whether it would look bad if I specifically go out of my way to not go to functions with my friends where I think she might be. I honestly can maintain composure and play things off like its not big deal when I see her, but I'd rather not because I'm still in the FUCK that bitch faze cause she was so immature about the way things went down. I know it sounds like I'm a bitch, but that's just where I'm at right now.

What do you guys think?

kapz
11-16-2014, 02:35 PM
Hey mate

I read your post first of i want to say sorry to hear about this i hope my advice can help. First of i respect you that you have set some boundaries. A girl did the same thing to me and in the end i called it a day as i thought i would rather get good at this process and dating and being with the girls i want to be with and have choice then being with a girl who treats me like a second class citizen.

I see you are going to be seeing her at functions the best thing to do is not avoid these functions and stand your ground especially if you have not done anything wrong. One thing you can do and what i do is just play it casual and cool keep it Hi how you doing, everything good yeah busy ok see you and that is it.
If it is really bad then just ignore her talk to the people you want to talk to and completely ignore her. Don't think about her, don't look at her just talk to the people you want to talk to and have fun. This is what i do with some of my family members and i have to say works like a treat. The first option is always best keep it social and cool but it depends how bad your situation is.

Hope this helps.

Cruise15
11-17-2014, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the advice man. That make's a lot of sense