PDA

View Full Version : Fuck emotions, help me out

Thee_Antic
09-29-2014, 05:12 AM
Ok. Back story.

Wife and I just decided to call it quits after 11 months. I married for the wrong reasons, she didn't. I was unhappy, she wasnt. Yes, I feel like an asshole for ending it. She was head over heels in love with me..you get the idea.

Well it had almost come to an end 2 times before now and I felt close to the same way I do now, sad..wanting to stay with her..seeking the comfort our relationship provided. We did stay together..and weeks later I was back in the same rut. Wanting to leave..no emotions towards her..

Well now that we've called it quits..I feel shittier than ever. I want that comfort so dam bad. I know I know. Grow a pair. I guess I never realized everything I was giving up before I actually did it.

Help me out here. I need some advice. This shits hard to think about and I cant trust my brain right now regardless. Too many wussy chemicals up there messing with things.

-Brian

Thee_Antic
09-29-2014, 05:39 AM
Oh and Rogue. I dont want to hear any I told you so's...

Thee_Antic
09-29-2014, 10:11 AM
C'mon forty something views. Say something dont just creep.

TheRogue
09-29-2014, 03:16 PM
I won't say "I told you so." Breakups suck bad enough as is. Sometimes shit just doesn't go your way, and there are times when everything sucks...your personal life, your job, and life in general. The only way out is through. These shitty feelings won't last forever, and you will find happiness again, no matter how bad it seems. People can tell you all kinds of positive things, but I bet you feel like crawling into a cave right now and not talking to anyone. If that's the case, then do so for a while. It's a perfectly acceptable response to a bad breakup. Once you've had time to dwell in the cave, slowly come out and focus on parts of your life that are still intact -- work, buddies, keeping fit, etc. Forget women for a while or you risk getting into a bad rebound relationship and dealing with this crap all over again. Eventually, you'll be fine and you'll find someone more compatible. For now, don't rush into things and just let the negative emotions come and pass. Relationship withdrawal is a bitch, but you WILL feel better, I promise :)

Rogue