PDA

View Full Version : need a hint on what to say/do next here

gameshark39
09-16-2014, 02:30 PM
Hey everyone, I haven't posted on here in a while, and I feel kind of selfish for it but I need some advice.

Background: met this girl on tinder two days ago, got her number yesterday and text her today with a ping line. I havent met her in person yet, but she seems flirty over text and she already said that tall guys are hot (im 6'6", shes 6'0", a very tall one :D)
Check out the conversation, but I'm just wondering if I should let the convo end til tommorow or continue and push for a meetup.

me: you never write, you never call, and the kids are worried sick. what should i tell them?

her: tell them mommy took a little vacation and doesn't know when she'll be back

me: little Jenko wants to know if mama is gallavanting in the rocky mountains again. He knows some big words for a 6 year old lol.

her: Oh Jenko, such a smart kid. So proud of us for picking out that great name too. Mamas at the beach this time getting her tan on.

me: haha thats my boy! lol. Tan lines are secy, but I demand that you toil in the concrete jungle like the rest of us :)!

her: haha fine fine, I'll be home soon.

DexterPUA
09-16-2014, 06:42 PM
It seems like she's into the whole "role playing" thing you got going on, but try not to do too much of that as girls get bored of that eventually. Be unpredicatble, she left the conversation nearly dead, so without a little more info, i can't say a clean transition is in order. I would wait a little, then text her out of the blue with a completely random statement/question/anything. Meeting someone on tinder is hard if you have never met them before. Try to find some common ground, something you're both interested in, and try to connect on that. You've most certainly got the "funny guy" persona going on already, so try to keep that going and on top of that, give yourself some value. Good luck!!!
- Dexter

storyofaguy
09-16-2014, 11:21 PM
You put yourself in the position of the chaser right from the beginning. Try to be less invested in the interaction, because it feels to me like you are trying to get her to commit to it.

Is that all there is to it for the conversation?

If so, ping again soon. Keep it going till she commits more to the interaction before you get her out. Feels to me like she hasn't yet.

gameshark39
09-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Hey guys, DexterPUA Im very happy with the role playing we got going on, but yeah I feel like its a good call to not give her too much of a "emotional spike" in that area or I won't seem like a real person to her, just some "fake husband" lol. storyofaguy, thanks for replying to my post, and I hear that you are a very knowledgable man on these forums, so its good to meet ya. That was the second conversation (the one I had over text). check out the first convo, the one that happened on tinder.

I dont know if were allowed to talk about other pua stuff on this forum (probably not), but the opener is straight from a competing service. anyhow I would love to hear your thoughts on the first interaction. here it is:

me: just a small town girl

her: living in a lonely world

me: so cheesy actually. haha

her: yeah but it was fitting

me: you're a calgary girl

her: saskatchewan, you?

me: omg thats cool! I know one other from there, you must be very forward and pushy lol :). Im from vancouver

her: haha I totally am. Didnt no that was a sask thing though. and that's awesome, vancouver is beautiful Ive always wanted to live there

me: vancouver is really beautiful for hiking (*she mentioned hiking on her profile*), but you cant see the stars unless you're really tall and standing on an unlit building lol :).

her: well good thing Im tall. I just need to find a building now.

me: Omg you were telling the truth in your profile? lol tinder is very exciting!

her: does that mean you were lying on yours? lol

me: lol nope, im the kind of tall that when ppl are eating in the food court, they stop eating and stare

her: i love it haha

me: we should exchange numbers, if only to give our necks a break from the shorties :) lol

her: deal. (number)

me: cool mine is (number). Ill only call you 11.5 times a day, maybe 12 if you're into shopping

her: phew thank god, I was worried you would be clingy or something lol.

______

Keep in mind that the strategy from this PU company is to chode yourself out in order to guarantee a meetup with the girl, one where she has her bitch shield down and can be herself.

Thanks for reading!

storyofaguy
09-17-2014, 02:56 PM
gameshark39, appreciate the compliments! Just helping out where I can.

Based on what I am looking at here, you had a decent conversation going on. It's easy (and that is always good), casual and natural. I like it for the fact that it wasn't complicated.

I don't agree with the competing service about the chode-ing bit. No woman is ever going to say, "he was such a chode that I fell in love with him". A meet-up will happen if the woman deems that you are potentially the final product, and when the date comes around, she hopes to see precisely that. With regards to the bitch shield, it will come up if her first impression is that you are not who you say you are.

Having said that, there are two things I felt needed to be addressed:

1) The "OMG". Somehow, seeing that on text made me feel like it was a girl talking. It's a very girly form of expression. I'd stop doing that right away, unless it was to deliberately used to make fun of something or someone.

2) You could have actually prolonged the conversation a tad more. I'd say at least 3x more. Most people on here do not agree with the pinging back and forth, but I beg to differ. A lot of men try and go for a quick number. The unaware throw their number in the first message.

So the idea here is simple. Just be patient and show no signs of hasty game. But at the same time, you want to get her comfortable without having to talk forever, and seek out opportunities to progress the interaction to texting.

You obviously did the latter, that's how you asked for her number.

So why did she give you hers so fast? She liked what she saw, and that worked in your favour. You did not show that you were being weird, and was very casual about asking for her number. All that helped you.

But because you are still on stranger terms (that is, you are still just that guy on Tinder), it is no wonder she responded the way she did with the second convo - not as invested as you wanted her to be, but still playing along because she is still attracted enough. If you had actually started the conversation by doing a callback, and maintained the same momentum, you would have gotten into a very casual, slow-burn style of conversation that she would have put in the effort to continue. It's all about committing in small amounts to get to a big one.

So, while it is a small issue to deal with, it's not that big a deal to worry about.

But I'd say amp it up. The second convo wasn't a let-down, but it was nothing to shout about either. You want her to now see that beyond the casual conversation, you are that hot AND awesome guy that she wants to meet with. You can still maintain the same casual style, but throw in the wit and teasing, and all the other things that make up a great conversation. The momentum will go up as you do that, and she will invest more and more of her time and emotions as time passes. After that, it's just a matter of you leading the interaction to get to a mutual goal.

gameshark39
09-17-2014, 03:04 PM
awesome response, and very detailed might I add. I will definitely start amping it up, text her tommorow and get her fully engaged in the convo! Thanks again for the advice, I'll throw an update here when I get some progress!