PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with a two faced short-long fuse?

mode1111
08-17-2014, 02:41 PM
Hey all,

I was hoping someone can help me with this strange situation.
I met this girl online. We started chatting through emails. It wasn't a perfect thing, but we really hit it off and opened up and such. She was very receptive. I felt she is interested in me so I asked her out. I want to notice that she didn't give me her phone...she wanted to meet me without it...she told me where she'll be...anyhow we went out.
The date was fantastic. We talked a lot, she gave out a lot of interest signs...I escalated physically only a little, because I didn't want to scare her away. I felt I made the right choice and I was happy. I walked her home and she gave me her phone number.
From here on things are strange. I texted her with a good tease and call back humor, but got a short and rather cold response after a day. I answered her text but no response. I decided to call her in the evening but she didn't pick up. after a few hours I texted her like nothing happened and got a response, but I told her I was off to bed so there were only a few more texts. Told her I'll talk to her tomorrow. Today I didn't text her all day and called at the evening. She picked up very excited and adorable like on the date. We talked and laughed for a few minutes and I excused myself. Later on I sent her a tease, and again got a very slow response of a long fuse - short texts, no content almost, dismissive.
What is her deal?
How do I handle this? I want to meet her again and we agreed over the phone on Friday. That is a long period to live on this attraction killing texts. Do I call or what?

Any suggestions will do. Thanks so very much in advance.
Alex.

Tank
08-18-2014, 02:18 AM
In the middle of the week, send her a funny text that doesn't require a reply from her. If she replies, have a little banter but cut it short. Besides that, nothing. Early Friday, confirm the date with a text or short phone call. If you haven't gotten a reply two hours before the date, make other plans. If she replies last second or later, invite her to join, if you feel like it.

In the meantime, approach more girls and get more numbers.

mode1111
08-18-2014, 06:09 AM
Thanks a lot! Sounds like a solid plan.

mode1111
08-24-2014, 10:18 AM
Hey Tank and all of you guys,
Wanted to make an update on the situation. I followed your plan Tank and we went on the date on Friday. It was fine, not glorious but very decent. In the end I got a very short kiss and a long hug (whatever that was...). I also asked her when is a good time to call her, since I get a 25% chance of reaching her so far, her answer: "I'll let you know" with a smile... red flag, I think
Anyhow, the phone game is still a drag. She can't be a longer fuse than this. It feels like she doesn't want to talk to me whatsoever. She answers short and lame or doesn't at all. But she doesn't turn me down...
Do you think it's intentionally "her game" or she is just emotionally unavailable or something? Any suggestions how to deal with it?

Thanks a lot again,
Alex.