PDA

View Full Version : Help! Did I kill the attraction? What can I do?

pinkaman
08-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Hi this is my first post here.

Long story short, I matched with a girl on Tinder, and we really hit it off well. We exchanged numbers and we agreed to meet each other tomorrow.

Through my texts I showed that I was witty and smart, something she found very attractive. At first, he took hours to respond, but lately, she was responding to my texts within minutes. The attraction was there.

However, I am very afraid that I screwed it all up :(

We were talking about our heights, and she jokingly mentioned that she was 7'9. I told that she should hook up with Yao Ming instead. She responds that he calls way too often and is annoying.

I respond with, "Who knows, he's probably better than some random guy from Tinder"

After that, silence... this girl was responding to my texts within minutes beforehand. Now I felt all of my hard work is wasted, and she might be disgusted at the realization that I am just some random guy from an app. She probably is feeling guilty about being attracted to me.

What should I do? What recovery message, if any, should I send to her?

storyofaguy
08-12-2014, 01:03 AM
You made it sound as if you're insecure about your height.

Anyway, if you didn't send a message again immediately after that, you already lost your chance to "recover", so to speak.

Try looking for a funny clip from youtube (maybe a short snippet of Louis CK's stand up), and send it to her. Make sure it's legitimately funny, so that it appears as if you are sharing what you like. It beats sending a simple "how's it going" message.

If she replies, it's likely whatever issue you thought there is isn't. If not, you lost it.

The next time before you send a message, think of how she would interpret it from her point of view. You made quite a big mistake there, in my opinion.