PDA

View Full Version : Long distance breakup

danteD
08-01-2014, 06:19 AM
My gf of a bit over a year called me last week and ended it because of the international distance (never actually said “distance” as the reason, but that’s what everything boiled down to). I called her a few days later after I got my thoughts together. I let her know the conclusions I had come to and understood why it wouldn’t work now for BOTH of us. She texted me a very plain message the other day and I replied later. She responded instantly and I have been NC ever since.
Overall it ended on a good and mature note. I have between 6 and 9 months left in another country and I know she could not handle it. Love is not enough, you have to have right timing and conditions as well.

I didn’t talk about getting together when I move back because I didn’t want to put any pressure on her or build resentment. Unfortunately I know we are both going to see/sleep with other people, but I wanted to find a way of letting her know that I still truly love her and want to be together when I get home. I was thinking about sending a letter (due to arrive a month after NC) explaining that I still want to be with her in the future (make it cool/calm but also humble). Then ease my way back into limited contact and rebuild. Is this a good idea? PM me for more detail and background info.

kong88
08-01-2014, 08:19 AM
You're trying to make it sound very mature and reasonable but at the end of the day, you're scheming about how to get her back right after she broke up with you. I think you'll do better in the long run putting that energy into trying to honestly reflect on why what you had didn't work -- hint, it's not just because of the distamce. Good luck!