PDA

View Full Version : No response: but were my texts solid?

mixx62
06-26-2014, 05:59 AM
Hey fellas,

So last night I went to this gelato place because I was a little curious about it (I never had it before). That's when I saw this quirky, but cute looking girl and decided to talk to her. "so tell me a little bit about gelato, I'm totally unfamiliar" She then told me how she doesn't work here but she's worked at a gelato place before. I taste tested some favors with her and asked her for the number. I had to leave so I couldn't do an instant date...so after I # closed, I dipped. An hour or two later I texted her. Here's the convo.

Me: * So bottom line you kinda impressed me with your extensive gelato knowledge tonight....and I don't get impressed very often. Keep up the good work ;)

Her: Ha I had no idea I was so impressive! New power I just discovered

20 mins later...

Me: Your delightfully dorky demeanor had me hypnotized...you're kinda cute too...but I know there's gotta be something wrong. I'm on to you

So she still didn't text back. She may text later today, so I'm not panicking, but did I play the text game well? And if she doesn't respond should I just forget about it?

Thanks boys

*most of the text opener was not mine. I believe it was on the big list of text messages. Highly recommend it.

Duut
06-26-2014, 06:14 AM
Maybe too much compliments, but other then that it's okay. Wait 1 day if she doesn't respond and open again.

mixx62
06-26-2014, 09:53 AM
How do you think I should open her?

Duut
06-26-2014, 10:27 AM
Just keep it simple, you can open if she had a nice day and discovered a new power something along those lines. Just be light and playful.

MasterPimpX
06-26-2014, 09:41 PM
Feels like you came in too under the radar and then began complimenting her through text.

Reason why this is bad is because maybe she felt you weren't being real. Best bet would have been to keep the number, not text so much, maybe at a time when you wanted to get coffee or more ice cream with her- texting with purpose- not to flirt when you came in so under the radar in person.

OR she might be busy and will text you back later dude...

OR she would have responded to your text if you were equally as complimenting her in person as you were through text, that way she knows you're being you. And not using text as a crutch for your lack of balls to say she was cute to her face. Girls think like this.

MasterPimpX
06-26-2014, 09:44 PM
text her the next day if anything (around the same time you got her number - most likely she's not busy at this time, increasing your chances of a response). She responds-the iron is hot, the window is open- YOU CALL her, and plan a meet.

mixx62
06-27-2014, 06:07 AM
text her the next day if anything (around the same time you got her number - most likely she's not busy at this time, increasing your chances of a response). She responds-the iron is hot, the window is open- YOU CALL her, and plan a meet.

UPDATE: She responded to me later that day at around the time we met the day before with:

"Bahaha what can I say, I was having a good day :P"

I waited an hour or so and decided to call her to plan a meeting. She didn't pick up. About 2-3 hours later she texted me:

"Hey, you called? I was away from my phone!"

I responded a minute later: "yeah, give me a ring"

She called and I told her I was in the area at the time I called and I wanted to know if she wanted to grab a coffee or something. She told me she was hanging with friends but asked me if I was available Saturday in the morning. I told her I started teasing her about it just to be playful but told her I can get back to her on it. Minutes later though, she said next week would prob be better because she's less busy. So we agreed to just set something up next week.

What is the next move? Do I just stop texting/calling until she's ready to plan something or should I text her throughout the weekend to begin building attraction. Also feel free to comment on my approach to all
of this. Thanks!

Magic_Man
06-27-2014, 06:34 AM
I'd say wait a day or two and open with something that will get attraction going. Callback humor is usually the go to for me, in the beginning anyway. If you talked to her long enough to learn some details about her life, you can turn that into teasing and build attraction like that as well. Don't text her till Sunday:

1) Weekends are awfully busy for most people, and replies may not come so quickly (If that kind of thing bugs you).
2) Sunday is mostly a day to recharge from the night before; and this is where you can open with a great text message that will get her asking what you did the night before: "Tequila 5 - MagicMan 0. I need a tylenol the size of a hockey puck. How's your day going?"

Goodluck!

MM

mixx62
06-27-2014, 09:07 AM
I'd say wait a day or two and open with something that will get attraction going. Callback humor is usually the go to for me, in the beginning anyway. If you talked to her long enough to learn some details about her life, you can turn that into teasing and build attraction like that as well. Don't text her till Sunday:

1) Weekends are awfully busy for most people, and replies may not come so quickly (If that kind of thing bugs you).
2) Sunday is mostly a day to recharge from the night before; and this is where you can open with a great text message that will get her asking what you did the night before: "Tequila 5 - MagicMan 0. I need a tylenol the size of a hockey puck. How's your day going?"

Goodluck!

MM

Great advice, but would letting her come to me to set a definitive time for a hangout add more value or should I spend more time trying to build rapport/attraction as you've suggested? Everyone's opinion is welcome on this. I think it'll make for a good discussion.

FBJ
07-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Picking up the phone would be better