PDA

View Full Version : Flirting with a waitress

pens1863
06-17-2014, 12:21 PM
Does anyone have any tips on how to build some rapport with a waitress in a restaurant and potentially get her phone number. I understand that they are working and are supposed to be nice to you, but I still would like to try it without looking like a complete ass. I see so many nice women I would like to talk to in restaurants, but I don't know how to go about it. Can it even be done?
Has anyone ever tried it and what was the outcome?

GETITOFFME
07-12-2014, 12:35 PM
I have to say, first I have no experience here whatsoever - I'm just guessing based on what I've heard and what I think.
First of all, you are correct in that they are "supposed to be nice to you", they are told to treat customers with respect and all that.
A good way of getting anyone's attention is surprising someone - and this waitress presumably every time she servers a customer asks "How are you today?" with a smile.
She probably gets a set of similar responses from most people - my suggestion would be you try and break out of that, you want her to think of you as a human and not just a customer. I don't know, but it may be that she doesn't get a lot of people asking in response how she is - you might want to try that, or anything else you can think of that won't normally happen. In this situation, I would highly recommend you think through her day to day experience as a waitress with customers, and try and be different.
Remember though, females are (in most cases) a lot better at understanding why someone said/did something - if you act too different, it may be too obvious and she may see through it.