PDA

View Full Version : How to break up?

Toolist
05-18-2014, 06:26 PM
I had to break off something today and it turned into this dumb hour long, half apologetic conversation because I felt the need to explain that I was doing it for myself and not because of her. It was a lot of needless stress and made me look like an insecure moron. How could this have been handled better? How does one break up wit hsomeone without a lot of bs? Let's make a sticky out of this!

CardRunner
05-20-2014, 04:53 AM
Just be straight forward and concise. You don't have to explain yourself. Don't resort to name calling or blaming her for things. If there has been problems in the relationship both of you would know that it wasn't working unless someone or both of you hasn't been honest - which then becomes a 'valid' reason to break it off.

I'm going through a break up right now - I've been having long conversations with my gf, which might already be my ex. And now it seems for real. in the past we would fight, argue and it would go on forever and we wouldn't break up. Now she is being short and concise and i know its probably over, and quite possibly for the best. Its just tough right now as i still love her very much.

Thank her for the time you did share together and wish her well. Do not contact her.

I think its tougher when some of the issues can be worked on but requires some compromise. Which means you both must believe that changing a behaviour or habit would be better for both of you.

lassebauer
05-23-2014, 03:50 AM
Be kind. Be firm. Be swift. Be gone.

Thatīs what it boils down to. Hope this helps :)

Snakey
06-04-2014, 07:21 PM
What lassebauer said.

Shell respect you in the end (even if she doesn't know it) and you won't look like a pussy. It also makes getting back together easier, if you so choose.

The_Fonz
06-09-2014, 07:22 AM
You don't need to be mean about the whole thing. Just tell her that you think that you are incompatible.