PDA

View Full Version : SHould i buy the super conference viii essential or wait for an updated version?

josh092
02-21-2014, 09:27 PM
The reason im asking is because i know there was a previous verison of the essentials and i dont want get it if theres another one around the corner.

P.s. Im a beginner to all of this.

Tank
02-22-2014, 02:19 AM
Do you have Magic Bullets yet? If not, get that first, it’s a lot cheaper and the “dollar for wisdom” ratio is insanely much higher. In fact, if you haven't read it, go get the free chapters and the free ebook about the triad.

The DVD sets are rather pricey and I completely understand your concern. It’s a bit like buying a computer. If the next generation has been announced to arrive in one week, maybe you’ll postpone buying it. But generally, you can’t wait for the perfect moment, because then you’ll be waiting until they put you in the grave. And the material on the essentials will never get outdated, it's pretty universal and probably 90% applicable, even in 10 years from now.

Ok, enough terrible analogies.

I actually have both of the sets, and one doesn’t replace the other, they are a good supplement to each other. In fact, when buying the essentials, super conference VIII, you’re offered to buy 11 essentials at a reduced price. Or at least, that’s what happened when I bought it.

In pickup, there really is no moment like the present. If you take action already (aka are out meeting women) and you feel you can afford it, get it now, it will improve your game. I’m not saying that it’s the optimal way to spend your money. I can’t know that. But it’s not wasted money; there is so much great stuff on those DVDs.

If you are not meeting women yet, and won’t start doing it until you’ve bought a DVD-set, then buy it RIGHT now, if you really think it will help you start meeting women. But you should be approaching women before you even get to the last DVD.

And if you’ve already bought other DVD-sets, and you’re still not approaching women, then DO NOT buy this one too. It will just enable your procrastination. Find out what’s holding you back before you spend more money. This forum is a good, free start; make a post describing your situation and people can help you take the right action.

jiGsawyouth
02-22-2014, 06:42 AM
Tank makes some great points in the above post, but I would argue that it is NOT like buying a computer only to have a new one come out next year.

Reason being is, all of this information is being taught from the same foundations of knowledge. It's not like you're learning concepts from 2006 (when they encouraged much different things than now), but instead you're learning tools and foundations in Attraction, Qualification, etc.

On this basis, I would even argue that it's beneficial to have 11 Essentials and Superconference VIII. You're learning these things from people who have a different way of explaining it and some may resonate better than others. Think of it like this: did you ever have a professor in college or high school who was completely awesome and made a class you weren't really excited for really awesome to go? It's like that -- some people you're going to gravitate to more or may put it in a better understanding than others for you specifically (Don't get me wrong though, all the instructors are awesome).

That is the great thing about the superconference is that you have all these different sources and learning styles to be immersed in, but they're all teaching the same things (or can if you ask them a specific question). This really helps it 'click' if you're confused on a subject from one person, but another can explain it in a way you relate with.

Short answer: Buy it. I don't remember there being video cameras at the last super conference.

josh092
02-22-2014, 08:54 PM
Do you have Magic Bullets yet? If not, get that first, it’s a lot cheaper and the “dollar for wisdom” ratio is insanely much higher. In fact, if you haven't read it, go get the free chapters and the free ebook about the triad.

The DVD sets are rather pricey and I completely understand your concern. It’s a bit like buying a computer. If the next generation has been announced to arrive in one week, maybe you’ll postpone buying it. But generally, you can’t wait for the perfect moment, because then you’ll be waiting until they put you in the grave. And the material on the essentials will never get outdated, it's pretty universal and probably 90% applicable, even in 10 years from now.

Ok, enough terrible analogies.

I actually have both of the sets, and one doesn’t replace the other, they are a good supplement to each other. In fact, when buying the essentials, super conference VIII, you’re offered to buy 11 essentials at a reduced price. Or at least, that’s what happened when I bought it.

In pickup, there really is no moment like the present. If you take action already (aka are out meeting women) and you feel you can afford it, get it now, it will improve your game. I’m not saying that it’s the optimal way to spend your money. I can’t know that. But it’s not wasted money; there is so much great stuff on those DVDs.

If you are not meeting women yet, and won’t start doing it until you’ve bought a DVD-set, then buy it RIGHT now, if you really think it will help you start meeting women. But you should be approaching women before you even get to the last DVD.

And if you’ve already bought other DVD-sets, and you’re still not approaching women, then DO NOT buy this one too. It will just enable your procrastination. Find out what’s holding you back before you spend more money. This forum is a good, free start; make a post describing your situation and people can help you take the right action.

Yeah i have magicbullets and routines manual and have been getting ok results by applying the principles. Im just a much better visual learner and the dvds seems really good, especially the infield bonuses. I cant really afford a bootcamp so they seem to be the next best thing. Whats the diffrence between the two versions they both look like they cover the same topics.

Tank
02-23-2014, 02:10 PM
Tank makes some great points in the above post, but I would argue that it is NOT like buying a computer only to have a new one come out next year.

Reason being is, all of this information is being taught from the same foundations of knowledge. It's not like you're learning concepts from 2006 (when they encouraged much different things than now), but instead you're learning tools and foundations in Attraction, Qualification, etc. I agree, it was a bad analogy, and I actually clarify it later when I write that probably 90% of the material will still be valid in 10 years.

Let me put it like this: If you're going to spend the money on SC VIII, then get it, and put in the extra $200 to buy 11 essentials as a bundle pack. There’s a money-back guarantee anyway (But you won’t use it)

Yeah i have magicbullets and routines manual and have been getting ok results by applying the principles. Im just a much better visual learner and the dvds seems really good, especially the infield bonuses. I cant really afford a bootcamp so they seem to be the next best thing. Whats the diffrence between the two versions they both look like they cover the same topics.

11 essentials have no infield videos. SC VIII is the flagship and the one you should get if you want infield footage. Here’s a micro-review of what you get on 11 essentials that’s not covered on SC VIII (From here on just VIII):

Inner Game: Worth the money in itself. Inner game is also covered on VIII by Braddock but this is the practical version about losing outcome dependence etc. That presentation really is an essential. But here Vercetti talks about inner game on a deeper, identity-meaning level and this presentation is one of the best ever.

7 seductive ideas: Not covered on VIII. A great motivational speech by Savoy

The triad model. It’s explained on VIII, but here it’s explained by Future, and believe me, you want to hear this man’s take on the triad.

Attraction. Also explained on VIII, but here it’s explained by The Don, and there are so many cool observations and lines here that you don’t want to miss it.

Social Proof: Not covered on VII, and this presentation by 5.0 is pure gold

Qualification: Not covered on VIII, and it’s very important

Framing: Overlap, but here explained by Future

Identity: Overlap

Storytelling: Not covered on VIII. This presentation will have immediate effect on your game.

Daygame: Not covered on VIII

Older men and younger women: Not covered on VIII. This presentation is also good for young guys because it’s relevant in all cases where there’s a large gap in status, ethnicity, looks etc.

Ok, as I write this... Savoy, you can’t take this DVD set out of production. Keep it as “manufactured on demand” or downloadable audio-versions at least. This stuff is too good to just let it vanish.

Well, hope it helps. And remember: Approaching women > Watching DVDs.

Savoy
02-25-2014, 09:00 PM
We have no immediate plans to issue a new "Essentials". The two we have are the two we have. Glad you guys have loved it so much - it was a labor of love to produce it!