PDA

View Full Version : Friend interference

Fitch
07-21-2006, 10:16 AM
ok. lately ive had problems with this. alright, so heres the deal. so say i meet this girl and i get her attracted to me. one of my better friends then starts to act overly nice to the chick and since i attracted her she will think that my friend is cool too. so this chick always talks about how she thinks my friend is cool and such. i find this annoying as hell and kinda of a backstabbing move by my friend. what should i do in this such situation?

pr0zac
07-21-2006, 10:41 AM
ok. lately ive had problems with this. alright, so heres the deal. so say i meet this girl and i get her attracted to me. one of my better friends then starts to act overly nice to the chick and since i attracted her she will think that my friend is cool too. so this chick always talks about how she thinks my friend is cool and such. i find this annoying as hell and kinda of a backstabbing move by my friend. what should i do in this such situation?
"Hey <friend>, stop stealing my women."
Or just stop introducing your friends to women you haven't closed with yet.

krapylet
07-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Having cool friends is a DHV. If she mentions him, you could tell a DHV story about you and him where you convey your own positive personality traits and then steer the conversation in another direction. Or you could say something that conveys you have good judge of character, making her feel special. Turn her liking your friend into a positive thing for yourself.

Hawt
07-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Here is something that I got from one of Jlaix's newsletters that I use whenever I am out with my AFC friends and they start ruining my game. I mean don't get me wrong I like hanging out with them, but it makes gaming that much harder.

Yeah, you know, my friends, they're really cool guys and I
always have a great time when I hang out with them, but they
act weird when they get around girls. You know, they act out
and try to impress them, and they'll get all grabby and lean in
and ask all these lame questions... 'what's your name? what
do you do? Where do you live?' (mimicking chodes leaning in)...
you know, they can't just CHILL and BE REAL.

RockHouse
07-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Hawt, I've got a friend just like that. My first Operating Report (you might have to go back a page to find it in the FR section) I noticed this about someone who is supposed to be this huge player in Chicago.
He starts acting like a total spaz. The plus side to this, though, is that if he's tryin' to run game and starts actin' like a total derel (like he did yesterday at Old Navy while buying women's jeans), I can easily slip in, under the radar, and take her right out from under his nose. I've done it twice. The first time I was doing her a favor. She is currently not sure what to do with her relationship with her current BF, and, to my advice to keep him from acting like a spaz around her, told her to take some time for herself. She's been with this dude for a little while, first "serious" relationship, and I know i t can be hard on her.
Second time, was last night, and I was totally playin' him for a tool again like I did at Outback a few weeks ago and got the manager, who happened to be helping him select the afformentiond jeans, to go along with me. I'd like to get up there tomorrow, if for no other reason than to show her just how fly my threads are (I was wearing a Chuck Norris t-shirt and jeans) when I do go out.
She's nothing special, about an HB7, but her sense of humor and personality are a major plus, boosting her up to around an 8.5-9.
Movin' in for the kill, fellas. She won't even see this one comin'! :D

Supermensch
07-21-2006, 02:05 PM
Say "dude, don't cockblock."
Also whenever a chick talks about another guy, punish her. Let her know that you won't tolerate it cause she's basically dissing you to your face.
Or I just read this in the Venusian Arts Book. Cut the conversation and bring up another topic.
Example:
Girl: "OMG that Orlando Bloom is so hot"
You: "...Do you believe in ghosts (do a "chick crack" routine)"

Vincent Chase
07-26-2006, 09:29 AM
Here is something that I got from one of Jlaix's newsletters that I use whenever I am out with my AFC friends and they start ruining my game. I mean don't get me wrong I like hanging out with them, but it makes gaming that much harder.
Did you Jlaix's permission?