PDA

View Full Version : Help a newbie out please :)

TheBlackOlympian
10-11-2013, 12:14 AM
Hey everyone, I'm a 20 year old man and apparently I look like I'm 23-24 (Mainly due to my hairline being very very wide and receding a bit now). It's a gift and a curse. I need advice to turn this into the biggest advantage possible and minimize the disadvantages as much as I can.

To get started, when I introduce myself to a lady around my age (19-21), about half of the time girls are turned off by it. Seriously. I could be holding a long conversation with her and she's definitely interested and I would be appropriately escalating with her (sometimes I end up kissing her on the day I meet her), but when the question of my age comes out and I tell them that I'm 20, I always get "whoa really? you look much more older/mature than that" or something like that. There have been a tiny few girls that have said this but don't care and they continue along with me until I get some or screw up somewhere. But then there are plenty girls do care and will leave me hanging after merely finding this out. Yes, there have been scenarios where we've fully made out and gotten each others phone number (they aren't drunk either), but then when they find out I'm 20, they start start to appear like they are really uncomfortable and almost always leave me hanging shortly afterwards. I want to know if there is anything I can really do about this. For a while now I've been a break from women at my age.

Also, I've approached women that are actually 24-26 years old. A lot of times these ladies were actually so much easier to approach and initiate anything with than the girls in my age range. The problem with these scenarios is that the moment they find out I'm 20, they start giving me heck. Saying things such as "oh my god, you're a baby!" or "wow you definitely don't look your age". Usually when they find my age out, most of the time they act like they are too "cool" for me or they freak out. This sometimes really puts me down because things like this happened after I escalated quite a bit. For example one time I got to third base with a 25 year old after 2 dates, and then when she added me on facebook and saw my birthday, she totally lost her cool with me on the phone and eventually I lost touch with her. There are the rare few that again, don't care about my age. But that was a very small amount relative to the number of women I got numbers from.

How can I change any of these things? Are there things I should be doing/not doing? For example when I introduce myself, should I steer the conversation in a way that reveals my age early in the interaction?

And also note, I do try to always look my best overall. I also try to do it in a way to make me look closer to my age.

I'm always clean and smelling fresh.
I'm clean shaven (thought occasionally I keep a goatee without the moustache).
I always do the best I can with my hair; on top I keep it really short and neat.
I work out 3-4 times a week and I've been working out for 3 years, so my physique is decent as well.
People of all ages compliment me on the way I dress so I'm confident that my style is fine.

what else can I do?

pskl
10-31-2013, 12:30 AM
Lie about your age.

I usually lie about my age when I know the girls is older than I. If you're dating a 25 yrs old, tell her you're 24 at least, but if you're dating around 18-21.

Go ahead and say you're 21 or 22. No big deal.

If it get serious enough, then tell her your age later, if not, than you do +1.

I often tell girls in bar a fake name. I rarely tell a girl my real name unless, I want to see her again.

Love Monkey
10-31-2013, 11:45 AM
You can practice lying if you want, but it's easier just to do the standard "it's ok grandma, I'll push you around when you get older"

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

soldier king
11-02-2013, 11:19 AM
I had this issue when I was younger too, but I realized that a man just has to lead and say exactly what he wants.

try this if she can't get over your age: "hey, can you have faith in me?"

TheBlackOlympian
11-17-2013, 09:14 PM
Alright thanks for the feedback here guys, I actually went out a few times and tried out some of the things you all told me (except lying about my age). Some are receptive to me afterwards and some still aren't =/

I guess I can't win em all haha.