PDA

View Full Version : What to do when caught using a routine:

Raccoon Man
07-18-2006, 09:05 PM
I've searched the forum quite a bit and have been unable to find something which will be very useful to guys starting out.
Since there seems to be heavy emphasis on routines,
what does a guy do if a girl calls him on it?
For instance, lets say you use whatever routine, she looks at you, and says something like
"Nice routine, you're the 2nd guy to use it on me tonight."
You have about 3 seconds to make a comeback or you're out.
(If you are planning to respond, keep in mind this is going to be used to keep one of our brothers alive; so don't put a suggestion, put what will work)

Hawt
07-18-2006, 09:21 PM
This is a really rare thing to have happen unless you and your wing are running the same routine stack.
One thing my lair does when we all get together is, we have a rule, everyone must open their first three sets with the exact same opener. We usually choose something ridiculous like "Do you know how to get to the farmers market? I want to buy some corn!"
After a few times you're going to get people saying stuff like "OMG YOU'RE THE THIRD GUY TO ASK US THAT!" just say somehting like "Oh really? You must be the people to come to for advice then!" and plow through and stack another opener.
One thing that I personally like to do, when I get caught in a set using something canned is this...
Hawt: Hey guys I need a female opinion blah blah
HB: OMG LIKE YOU'RE THE SECOND GUY TO ASK ME THAT TONIGHT!
Hawt: Yeah I know, that guy has been asking every girl the exact same thing all night, I was just testing to see if you had a sense of humor!
HB: Oh really?
Hawt: Yeah and you passed, but here's the real reason I'm over here, would you ever date a guy that lived in a tent? (stack whatever other opener you want here, thats just one i like to use)
Just ignore it and plow through or play it off like you were fucking with them, cocky funny style.
Opening is such a small part of the game, it doesn't really matter what you say as long as you have the right vibe. I've opened girls by saying random shit like "You remind me of my cat." It doesn't matter as long as you have a cool, interesting, playful vibe going on. I feel for you guys who are just starting though and worried about opening. It seems like such a huge thing to overcome when you're starting but eventually you do so many sets it is all clockwork.

Alpha Electro
07-18-2006, 09:28 PM
I saw some responses on that actually but can't remember which thread it was.
Howver, here are a few suggestions you can reply with:
"What?! How do you know about this? Were you gonna try to pick me up/seduce me?"
"BUSTED!!! See my friend over there? I bet him $5 that I will catch you using this routine." (I THINK IceMan said something like this, but I can't take credit for this idea)
"I take it you're one very lonely woman studying routines all day..."
"That's what the previous woman said to me but we still had a great time. :D"
"Are you going to cut the crap and get on with seducing each other?"
Or you can completely IGNORE her busting you and start another routine (an ORIGINAL routine that you created YOURSELF based on your life experiences) or go into a crazy-ass DHV story and re-capture her attention. You can also be like "Stand up, I'll show you something fuckin' cool."
Though I don't know, my brain isn't working right now but I hope some of those aren't too bad and maybe someone can make better comebacks from the above suggestions. :eek:

Bomb1288
07-18-2006, 09:43 PM
you remind me of my cat??? thats AWESOME! I LOVE U!

antman
07-18-2006, 09:54 PM
I've searched the forum quite a bit and have been unable to find something which will be very useful to guys starting out.
Since there seems to be heavy emphasis on routines,
what does a guy do if a girl calls him on it?
For instance, lets say you use whatever routine, she looks at you, and says something like
"Nice routine, you're the 2nd guy to use it on me tonight."
You have about 3 seconds to make a comeback or you're out.
(If you are planning to respond, keep in mind this is going to be used to keep one of our brothers alive; so don't put a suggestion, put what will work)
Heres what you do...
get the hell off your computer, go sarge, use the same routine stack all night till you get busted, ignore it when she catches you, and post how it goes in the field report section.

Hawt
07-18-2006, 09:57 PM
you remind me of my cat??? thats AWESOME! I LOVE U!
Never under estimate the power of random shit like that. "I want to buy you a boat." always gets a "huh?" or "are you for real?"
Like I said you can use anything as long as you're congruent with it. What usually happens with me is I'll do something random, and then try to improvise a back story for it on the spot making sure I add DHV's and stuff which helps with my storytelling ability.

GrayFox
07-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Got this from Mystery, used it in the field a few times, and more times then not I got a good response. If they call you on something caned pull out a lil note from your pocket, take your time unfolding it, look at it for a few seconds, fold it up again and tell her “well if you don’t like that one how about this one…? and go on to some other story, then half way through be like WTF are u talking about some other guy using this “pickup? on you, get over yourself princess.

GeNeRaL
07-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Never under estimate the power of random shit like that. "I want to buy you a boat." always gets a "huh?" or "are you for real?"
LMAO...Off Topic, But Anyone See 'Shes The Man'?
"So, Do You Like Cheese"?
Lol...Random Opener...
But Heres a Response...
HB: "Nice routine, you're the 2nd guy to use it on me tonight."
PUA: "No Im Not, Your Just Saying That Cuz Your Attracted To Me..."
:)