PDA

View Full Version : Would you snub a woman you like/are attracted to?

featherweight
07-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Trying I figure out why I just got snubbed in the street by my crush. I'm a woman who started working at this place recently. There is a guy who has been showing interest. He always initiates and prolongs our convos. First time we talked was maybe four hours or so. Nothing shallow. I catch him looking at me sometimes. He always gets near to where I am, especially if im talking to a group that includes guys. I actually make an effort to not initiate anything with him and not to go to wherever he is (too early for him to know I'm interested). at the end of our last shift, he was in the locker room alone and i walked in got a shirt to change into and left without saying anything. Don't know if he thought I just ignored him, but my intention was to go back. Anyway he was gone when I got back 5 min later. I walk outside building see him crossing the street, he doesn't see me. He stops in middle of street, turns around as if to turn back towards our building. Sees me, does this insanely quick ninja turn (the snub) and decided to continue crossing the street instead without saying anything. I was like wtf?
Anyway, am I mistaken? Maybe what I thought were signals of interest were not signals at all? Please enlighten me.
More info info: this guy is, not your typical cute guy, he's kind of awkward but I'm attracted to him.

featherweight
07-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Anyone? thoughts?

Love Monkey
07-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Why do you assume he snubbed you? If he is kind of awkward then maybe he is just not good with women and panicked when he saw you watching him? Guys don't normally pick up signals as well as women, so don't assume he is playing the same game you are. You need to encourage him.

Also, if you try and avoid him he may have noticed. If that's the case he might now be tense around you. Don't avoid a guy who is not properly chasing you. Give him opportunities and then make him work a little for it... and if he is too cocky make him work more.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

featherweight
07-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Ok, what do mean when you say he isn't properly chasing me and what kind of opportunities do I need to give him? I'm planning on trying to get a group outing going at the end of the month to a free concert. If he is open to that then I guess I will know if he is interested or not. Overall, I'm only skeptical because from experience a guy would have at least asked me for my number by now and I don't know why he hasn't yet.

Love Monkey
07-06-2013, 01:23 PM
He is not asking you out yet. He is not trying to get your exclusive attention yet. Maybe he is not interested, but guys don't usually snub women unless you have been incredibly clingy and he's hoping to avoid you.

Inviting him out is cool, but be sure to give him opportunities when you go out. Stand by his side on occasion, if he puts an arm around you then lean into him. Give the man positive feedback. If he gets into full on flirting and tries to make a move them you can pull back a little, just don't punish.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

featherweight
07-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Haha aright. I won't "punish". I'm generally a shy person so "encouraging" a guy isn't usually my thing but I will give it a try.

Love Monkey
07-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Haha aright. I won't "punish". I'm generally a shy person so "encouraging" a guy isn't usually my thing but I will give it a try.

Cool. Just understand when I start making Kino moves and get no feedback I have to plough through to keep moving. Women who give me good feedback I prefer since it removes doubt and it also feels like I'm not the only one interested. Sometimes I don't bother ploughing because I don't want to waste time with a potentially cold woman.

WowOMG
07-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Decided to read this after looming at your other post. You say he's awkward so he's probably not super confident, probably doesn't get laid a lot and is definitely not chopped in Attraction psychology. You can't expect him to know exactly what to do. Also you kind of acted like a b!tch when you didn't say anything in the locker room. He probably thought you guys had an awesome connection then you start ignoring him. Don't punish him if he's done nothing wrong haha. I think you just scared the poor guy away and when he saw you he didn't expect it and ran.

Anyway, for next time qualify before making plans (aka does he have a gf? Is he free?) and when you want to invite a guy somewhere do it indirectly. Example;

HB: what are you doing this weekend?
Guy: not much, going out helping a friend move blah blah you?
HB : oh cool, have you heard of Noah and the whale?
Guy: yea, they're awesome!
HB: I know I'm going to their concert Saturday night!
Guy: awesome! I'm jealous
HB: well I'm going with a couple friends, if you're free you should come :)
Guy: oh sweet, I might be busy but ill check

Saturday (around 5 if you have t heard)

HB: predrink LS at Jenny's at 7... Be there or be super lame!

then he can either say yes or no.. In both situations you're cooler than him and you have fun with your friends

Lastly you wouldn't believe how many non-PUA guys don't read the signals properly from girls or even know a girl likes them and doesn't have the cajones to do something about it. Seriously.. The inverse to my other response is that 20% of guys get 80% of girls. It's not that the other 80% of guys aren't likeable but usually it's a combination of low confidence or just having low skill level with women.

In the future as long as you're not being needy or clingy (which you were this time) there's no reason to take it personal

WowOMG
07-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Also iPad autocorrect fcked up a lot of that post, if something doesn't make sense I probably didn't mean for it to be there haha

featherweight
07-12-2013, 01:52 AM
Your advice is sound. See my last response in other post. For the most part you were correct here (except for the me being clingy part). Also I knew he was single based on our talks. He hasnt dated since last summer.
But anyway, first time I asked out a crush, and hopefully the last. Too much stress.

Decided to read this after looming at your other post. You say he's awkward so he's probably not super confident, probably doesn't get laid a lot and is definitely not chopped in Attraction psychology. You can't expect him to know exactly what to do. Also you kind of acted like a b!tch when you didn't say anything in the locker room. He probably thought you guys had an awesome connection then you start ignoring him. Don't punish him if he's done nothing wrong haha. I think you just scared the poor guy away and when he saw you he didn't expect it and ran.

Anyway, for next time qualify before making plans (aka does he have a gf? Is he free?) and when you want to invite a guy somewhere do it indirectly. Example;

HB: what are you doing this weekend?
Guy: not much, going out helping a friend move blah blah you?
HB : oh cool, have you heard of Noah and the whale?
Guy: yea, they're awesome!
HB: I know I'm going to their concert Saturday night!
Guy: awesome! I'm jealous
HB: well I'm going with a couple friends, if you're free you should come :)
Guy: oh sweet, I might be busy but ill check

Saturday (around 5 if you have t heard)

HB: predrink LS at Jenny's at 7... Be there or be super lame!

then he can either say yes or no.. In both situations you're cooler than him and you have fun with your friends

Lastly you wouldn't believe how many non-PUA guys don't read the signals properly from girls or even know a girl likes them and doesn't have the cajones to do something about it. Seriously.. The inverse to my other response is that 20% of guys get 80% of girls. It's not that the other 80% of guys aren't likeable but usually it's a combination of low confidence or just having low skill level with women.

In the future as long as you're not being needy or clingy (which you were this time) there's no reason to take it personal

Love Monkey
07-12-2013, 03:59 AM
Your advice is sound. See my last response in other post. For the most part you were correct here (except for the me being clingy part). Also I knew he was single based on our talks. He hasnt dated since last summer.
But anyway, first time I asked out a crush, and hopefully the last. Too much stress.

I would just like you to remember this feeling and understand what it is like for guys who don't practice making moves.

Casanova71286
07-12-2013, 04:50 AM
One word: 'Persistence'

That's how one girl at work managed to convince me to take her out

Wasn't until the 5th time she asked that I said 'Yes'

Although she wasn't really my type, we had a great time

tourdefrance
07-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Probably ,if I know she is out of my league.

Love Monkey
07-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Probably ,if I know she is out of my league.
The only thing that makes her out of your league is your attitude. No more of that talk on a PUA board.