PDA

View Full Version : Has Neil's book damaged the game itself?

ridick
12-15-2005, 02:06 PM
I have a concern and I wondered whether it was shared by others. STYLES book. Let just begin by saying how thankful I'm that he wrote it. If he hadn't I never would have discovered the community and got the help that I desperately needed. Dam was I AFC!
But my concern is this. The book is one thing but it has been sinced optioned by a producer and is set for the big screen in about a year or so. Am I the only one thinking this, but doesn't that sort of let the cat out of the bag for the rest of us in a really big way? If this film is a hit and widely seen then nearly every girl will know what an opener is, what a neg is, the websites we visit, Mystery's Method etc, etc, etc... You'll approach, you'll open and they'll say "Yeah I saw that movie too, see ya buddy!"
It will be like the moment Neil describes in his book where TD lets the girls at the club know all about Mystery's game and blew out all the sets in the club on him. Isn't a movie going to do the same to all of us on a massive scale?
Neil address this at the end of the book by saying that men and women will always find a way to meet. Sure I accept that of course, but if he hadn't discovered the community and the non publicised techniques it had to offer would Neil have ever got to meet the women he does by the end of the book?
Ridick

MotoFizz
12-15-2005, 02:17 PM
Then we will have to all go back to AFC's and buy flowers and drinks. :)

El Gallo
12-15-2005, 02:26 PM
Then we better be quick to internalize the game and come up with new techniques.

linthead
12-15-2005, 02:27 PM
I think the only thing that whill happen is people will know we're out there, the community that is. But guys still won't be the alpha males once the movie craze wears off. And a neg is a neg is a neg, the trick is don't make it seem so bad and she won't care if she knows what it is, just don't use stale lines from the movie be original

Fate
12-15-2005, 02:27 PM
No matter how big the movie or book gets, the rules of attraction will stay pretty much the same. It's evolutionarily defined, so it's not something that is going to change quickly at all. Some material won't work, sure, but the whole point of this community is it's ability to adapt in social settings. Sure, Mystery might have been blown out in that one club that one night, but if he'd come back the next night dollars to doughnuts he would be able to attract any HB that he wanted.
The only thing I would be concerned with is if our community went the way of the hippies, but I think the prime reason theirs went that way was because of the inherent base of drugs.
Other than that, the biggest problem that could come from the newfound fame of the PUA society is a lot more guys learning game and more competition in the field. What will probably happen, though, is that most people will learn some skills and maybe make it to rAFC level before they either give up or find a GF and move on to whatever Pop Culture shoves down their throat next.
Fate

DevilFish
12-15-2005, 02:30 PM
First and formost... so you know what a neg. is.... dont mean u have the balls to say it and not say "sorry". This stuff takes some balls to do, thats why there are very few players. Majority of guys are 'nice' and seeing a 1 movie aint gunna change that. The game evolves, i figure it will never really platau, so try not to get too excited.
Secondly- so the girl knows what your doing,,, does that change the fact that it will work... If she knows your bustin on her, you think shes gunna stopp feeling attraction 4 u cause she knows that your' doing... Not likely. Ross Jeffries said it a couple times " girls have said ; I know what your doing to me, and its working " <---- (re-phrased in my own words) but you get the idea.
Lastly- You dont go to sleep 1 night AFC and wake up the next day a PUA. This takes time and effort. People these days are glued to the quick fix, if it cant be done as fast as possible they dont do it... if it takes commitment and dedication... Not Gunna Happen!!!!! Thats why theres so many fat ppl out there and so many 'ab rockers' still in there box. Life of a PUA is a fair bit of work and most ppl arnt down for that kinda thing.
NUFF SAID: ' So you know theres tech.'s for pickin up girls, congrats, your not gunna use em neway ' :cool:

porky
12-15-2005, 02:32 PM
I tried introducing some of this stuff to my friends...they wernt very approving....even if they see this on the big screen they will be like "what losers..i dont need help with chiks..im fine"
see!?
very few guys will get into the PUA community...I mean even when I saw the book the game I never wanted to buy it , I felt as if the clerk would laugh at me...but I forced myself to do it and LO AND BEHOLD! er 1 week later and seriosly...iv changed more in one week than in 5 years with girls
preace brothers!!
porky-

ranma187
12-15-2005, 02:34 PM
it won't destroy the community. in a few years the game will be forgotten by the general public. most of us will be older by then and will be gaming young 18 year olds. who cares.

cassian
12-15-2005, 03:30 PM
I think Neils book will effect the community and that annoys me alittle, cause its hard effort as is. But It will eventually pass and even if it doesn't all those newbies that come in will be at the bottom and we will be further down the track towards MPUAs haha!
In the end it doesn't matter who you tell, most people are to lazy to pull their fingers out and come out of their (AFC) life style.

Hysteria
12-15-2005, 03:41 PM
Very good speculating observations about guys probably wanting the "quick fix" after seeing the potential movie.
I seem to remember Mystery or David DeAngelo (can't remember which one said it) once saying that if every guy sharpened his game just a little bit, it would have an effect on the WOMEN... the WOMEN will react to the guys being more selective, and this would in turn FORCE the women to get in shape, develop sassy fun attitudes if they don't have them, and generally take more effort in playing the game on their end, which makes it more fun in turn for us guys. I can totally see that upward spiral happening.

Fresno Smooth
12-15-2005, 03:42 PM
im nto at all worried
i never tell chicks or guys about it
so its a non issue
but hell if people knowing about the book and the society is the price to pay to become a PUA or an mPUA the fuck im not goign back to AFC

BigTime
12-15-2005, 03:52 PM
I'm with Fresno...the only place we can go as a community is forward. We're just gonna have to adapt to whatever society throws. Besides...The Movie will have to sell to women, and a lot of the stuff will have to be edited out. Think about "Hitch" and how off that movie is from the way things REALLY are. It's just me and I could be wrong, but I don't think we have anything to worry about...

Karrelin
12-15-2005, 04:55 PM
Hey,
" The Game" is a definitely a positive. As far as concerns that publicity about the book or a movie will make MM theory stale or obsolete, I don't buy it.
Women are wired to want alpha males, it's your job to convince them. Neil Strauss' book and the MM sites help men by providing an organized linear framework, or model on how to do this. I think it's important to look at MM theory as a set of maxims, or generally guidlines for the phases of seduction, instead of a list of stock phrases to memorize. An opener should be indirect and interesting, etc, a neg should be a veiled compliment, etc... Now the openers/ negs in the book work, and were field tested.
Now a guy with no imagination can spew out canned openers/negs, etc and do just fine. These have been field tested and work. As you gain experience though you can develop your own openers, and negs, and as long as they fit the purposes they were designed for, and you field test them.
After the movie comes out, "the spells" opener might be stale.
But for example if you are in a sports bar and you notice a set of HB's ask them
" Hey, let me get your opinion on this. Notre Dame plays OSU in the Fiesta Bowl this year, Brady Quinn is the QB for ND. AJ Hawk is the star player for OSU, Brady Quinn's sister is actually dating AJ Hawk." Who does she root for?
Why? So you mean when you were 20 you would have picked your brother over your boyfriend, etc, etc.
Thursday Night! Time to sarge.
-Karrelin

mr_brightside
12-15-2005, 04:59 PM
Yeah, I think you're spot on there!
As for the movie, didn't know they were making one.
And as for your opener, didn't get the initials and stuff (Not all that clued up with US sports I'm afraid, more in to US movies and sitcoms... Oh and music and stand up comedies! lol)
your friend, mr_brightside

ridick
12-15-2005, 05:07 PM
Yep there making one.
I heard that Jack Black is set to star so I guess that would mean he's playing Neil (I wonder if he's shaving his head?) Kate Hudson is supposed to be staring opposite so I gather she'd be playing Lisa(Neil's girlfriend).
I reakon the Dad from the American Pie movies would be good for Ross Jefferies.
But the real question is......who will they get to play Mystery?
(I wonder who Mystery would like to play him?)
Ridick

mr_brightside
12-15-2005, 05:17 PM
I would love to do it but I'm only 5 foot 8 and not 6 foot 5 lol
mr_brightside

Maverick
12-15-2005, 05:31 PM
Johnny Depp!!!!

ridick
12-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Jonny Depp would be a very cool choice for Mystery. Jim Carey could play Sin.
Ridick

TrueStory
12-16-2005, 12:07 AM
Guys, trends, trends, trends, and trends....it's inavitable..
Stock market: DotCom bubble. Internet popularized eBusines. Every Joe Shmoe got piece of market.... ...then BOOM!
Real Estate: Look at the inflated pricing of real estate. Of course, there will be crash, perhaps, not BOOM!, but people will lose money...
PUA community: It will become popular, everyone will be doing seduction, (yes movie will make it popular), and then Crash & Burn: girl will lockup as soon as they smell the game...
GOOD NEWS:
ONLY good and dedicated people will win. And "keyboard Jokeys" will drop off. As you guys said, that most AFC's wont use this crap. It's too much work really! ...
But, PUA community will be known and will be popular at some point.
I couldn't think of a better analogy, than stock market and real estate. I read the concept of trends in Robert's Kyosaki book, "Who took my money" PU IS a nieche market...
just throwing ideas ariound.
TS

Masters
12-16-2005, 12:43 AM
Exactly right.

Then we better be quick to internalize the game and come up with new techniques.

cold
12-16-2005, 12:49 AM
And I thought "Hitch" fucked me over! LOL

Sentinel
12-16-2005, 12:53 AM
Another point is that a lot of people forget most of what they see in a movie anyway, it's all temporary. Alot of the guys seeing the movie, who have never heard of the community won't even think the techniques work (especially since most of the stuff will be changed for comedic purposes anyway). It's not going to be a documentary. Some guys won't even think there's a community, it's just a movie concept. Some guys have such a huge ego they don't join the community in order to protect their self-image of not needing help in this area. And I'm sure 99.999999% of the women won't even be effected by it enough to use it as a filter when their out meeting people.
As someone said above, just don't use the same lines that are in the movie, or just don't use them during the full 3 weeks that the movie will be in theatres (which is really the lifespan of a movie these days). You can use it once it leaves the theatres, because no one will remember.
Side Note: I'm on Mystery's Lounge and have to say that this forum is great. It's hard to keep up with all the great topics and responses. Compliments to all you guys.

polarize
12-16-2005, 01:02 AM
Mystery Method works on a deep level. . .you can not undo millions of years of social programming with a book/movie.
It takes most of us many many months and years to get good at the Game. One book or movie is not going to 'give away' the store to the guys who are generally too lazy to make the full effort required to get this handled in their own life. Most men are under the illusion that it is all about 'getting lucky' and that it should happen 'naturally'. Only a small % of them will ever come around to knowing how it really works. As Morpheous said, some people are just never ready to be unplugged. With that knowledge you have little to fear.

Fresno Smooth
12-16-2005, 02:10 AM
Mystery Method works on a deep level. . .you can not undo millions of years of social programming with a book/movie.
It takes most of us many many months and years to get good at the Game. One book or movie is not going to 'give away' the store to the guys who are generally too lazy to make the full effort required to get this handled in their own life. Most men are under the illusion that it is all about 'getting lucky' and that it should happen 'naturally'. Only a small % of them will ever come around to knowing how it really works. As Morpheous said, some people are just never ready to be unplugged. With that knowledge you have little to fear.
fucking prolific

IceDragon
12-16-2005, 02:53 AM
I can see where the concerns are coming from, and to say that it's a 'non-issue' is not really fair on the person who started this thread, and the hordes of others who have similar, legitimite concerns.
I'll do my best to describe my personal thoughts on this, and hopeful give some ideas on how to deal with this.
Whilst taking the external social climate into account, never take your eye off the ball - your internal conditioning.
Think back to the film 'wedding crashers'. When people went to see that, they didn't suddenly get all wary at weddings and funerals. It was fictitious comedy. A fantasy world, which was not real. I suspect the Game will be perceived similarly. Hardly anyone is going to research into the world of PU. The pick-up arts have been around for about four decades (is that accurate?).
As far as the issue of 'women will recognise openers' goes, guys have been using 'openers' since courtship began. NOTHING is possible without an opener. Every man, regardless of whether he is an AFC, PUA, or a natural player has to open. It's just that PUAs do it with more strategy and skill.
I reckon women have other things to worry and think about than have the time or desire to micro-analyse every single social interaction with guys.
Let me relate an incident.
I was sitting in a pub with two friends (a guy and a girl hb9). This Irish guy came up to me and my male friend and said 'hey guys, if you can flip up this beermat and catch it, I'll buy you both a drink'. Then he looked at our female friend over his shoulder and said 'you can try too, but if you miss, then YOU SUCK'. He negged her.
Me and my friend both looked at each other, smiled and said 'pua'.
We decided to blow him out there and then.
My point is, even though me and my friend instantly knew it was a pickup attempt (the girl was clueless), we didn't say to him 'Ha ha, you're trying stuff from the Game' or 'ha ha, pua wannabee'.
To say that would have been rather beta, and he could have easily said 'what are you talking about? Which book is that'. That would make US look 'game obsessed'. We just said politely 'no thanks', and refused to enter his frame. We kept his dignity intact, and ours.
I would suggest never to discuss the book or our techniques with anyone outside the community, that way no-one can trace anything back to you, or suspect you of being a PUA. Just a thought . . .
So, in the worst case scenario if someone guesses that we're trying stuff from a book or a movie, they won't mention it as it would be more of a reflection on them than you, because you could always deny it and turn it around on THEM.
If a girl does say to you " are you trying stuff from that movie, 'The Game' ", you can just turn to her friend and say 'she is so inquisitive, how do you roll with her? . . . .'
IceDragon :)

cold
12-16-2005, 10:47 AM
It's not so much what the guys would do that concerns me. It's the girls. Now, there will always be other ways, but I could see something like this putting a "conscious block" in the girl's minds, which might change how the game needs to be played.

Lyric
12-16-2005, 11:10 AM
It's not so much what the guys would do that concerns me. It's the girls. Now, there will always be other ways, but I could see something like this putting a "conscious block" in the girl's minds, which might change how the game needs to be played.
Quite honestly, I think women like to be gamed and seduced. Let me rephrase that. They like the idea of a guy who KNOWS how to turn them on, genuine or not. It's like soap operas. They know that shit is so fake, but it is still gratifying to their emotions, so who cares.
Remember, Style always told girls he was Pick-Up Artist and explained to them how it worked. I don't recall any "conscious block" by girls fking up his game, right?

Levee
12-16-2005, 11:24 AM
As far as I know, there is just talk about the movie comming out! Personally, I would like to see how it would fare at the box office. Everybody knows sex sells, but how well does GAME sell? I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Ender
12-16-2005, 12:31 PM
when i heard about the movie option, i freaked for a second, but then as i thought about it more, i came to the realization:
1. i need to develop solid game and this will motivate me to do so faster
2. a greater awareness of pua's will mostly hurt the weaker ones, and i should be far from that status in a year
so with that in mind... on your marks, get set, go!

Fate
12-16-2005, 01:00 PM
when i heard about the movie option, i freaked for a second, but then as i thought about it more, i came to the realization:
1. i need to develop solid game and this will motivate me to do so faster
2. a greater awareness of pua's will mostly hurt the weaker ones, and i should be far from that status in a year
so with that in mind... on your marks, get set, go!
Just don't burn yourself out!

miguel98
12-16-2005, 03:22 PM
That just means we have to keep reinventing our self GAME..

smooth
12-16-2005, 03:33 PM
i understand your fear, but becoming a PUA wont matter to us if they've seen the movie or not because even if they have you can run lines on girls, the same lines they hear but if your good enough with them, and put your own little twist into it you will still end up getting the girl, i mean how many of us here are in the same city reading and learning from the same website/books/tapes/dvd's, how many of us are probably running the same game on the same girls, and it still works time and time again, as long as you are confident with your material, and strong in your approach, you can run some of the same lines that other guys have used on the same girl, and still Number-close her, or even work it better than they did and F-close her. movie or not it wont affect the game(our game) unless you truly think that its affectin what you do to the point that you truly revert back to AFC and need to relearn what you were taught to ignore all over again, and if that happens then you need to strengthen yourself mentally and prepare to start from the beginning.

Lothario
12-16-2005, 03:36 PM
I reakon the Dad from the American Pie movies would be good for Ross Jefferies.
LMAO. Eugene Levy.
Shit that's funny.
Dude, they HAVE TO get Johnny Depp to play Mystery.
This is gonna become a classic movie, and Depp is a classic moviestar.
Val Kilmer or Brad Pitt are some other choices that come to mind.
Who else would make a good Style?
Bruce Willis?
~DeVill

Sliek
12-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Not to mention Mystery looks almost exactly like Johnny Depp.

SOAG
12-16-2005, 06:45 PM
Mystery should talk to the producers and see if he could do it himself.
Imagine how cool that'd be. Definitely wouldn't hurt his game in any way.:D
Btw, I read the book and that's how I found you guys. It's an amazing book, at first I thought it was made up. lol

TrueStory
12-16-2005, 08:06 PM
Yup! It is made up. I don't know what secret society are you talking about? There are no PUA, this is all SCI FI.... Movie isn't based on true story either, forget it, Jock Amog.... :)
lol

Mystery should talk to the producers and see if he could do it himself.
Imagine how cool that'd be. Definitely wouldn't hurt his game in any way.:D
Btw, I read the book and that's how I found you guys. It's an amazing book, at first I thought it was made up. lol

mr_brightside
12-18-2005, 04:43 PM
Come to think of it... I could play Style! Similar height, both bald and skinny... And chicks love us! lol
Johnny Depp would make a cool Mystery but they would have to get industrial light and magic in to make him tall enough (Just like they made the actors playing the Hobbits shorter in the Lord of the rings)
As for casting Brad Pitt in the movie, I think he'd play a great Tyler Durden. I can just picture him wearing a loud shirt with an oxblood leather jacket over it...
mr_brightside

mr_brightside
12-18-2005, 05:27 PM
Can I just make a little comment on here on something I've noticed? (I'm gonna anyways lol). Everyone posting here seems to be focusing on the lines "We'll all be saying the same shit that he said cos we got it off the same dude online balh blah blah..." What you're forgetting is that 60% of communication is body language, 30% is tonality and only 10% is verbal so who cares if your spouting the same openers and routines.
A few weeks ago I was out with some friends and 3 of us gamed the same group one after another. I hadn't realised they had already gamed as I had my back to them (I was getting a drink at the bar). Anyway, I was the third up and I still managed to number close! (Oh and did I say she was a HB9?)
mr_brightside

Slimijs
12-18-2005, 05:59 PM
I just read the first post, so I don't even know what are you guys talking about right now. I guess I'm just ignorant :p
Anyway... the book was fucking awsome, but I think that Style, as a PUA, is overrated. He just was at the right time in the right place, that is in mystery's first boot camp. It could have been any other guy and then he would be Mystery's top PUA. The only thing special about Style is, that he's a writer and that means, that he is ... just perfect for making up canned material. That's it! That was his talent as a PUA and he used it. I'm not saying that it's bad, but just that if your a, for example, a commputer programmer then it should be your duty to help the community with l33t stuff. I hope anyone got my point.
In my opinion Style is overrated. I didn't even know who Style was until I read his book. I had 'Jealous Girlfriend' in my cheat sheet, but I haven't used it, I used G-strings instead ;) .... So by publishing "The Game" I lost even more respect for him, even If it was a good read. The last thing I heard about him is that he was doing teleseminars with his spin off the MM.
You guys shouldn't consider him as good as mystery. He's just a padawan, Mystery is the master.
And if there will be a movie based on "The Game", then I think I'll make some fuss about the community, but nothing more. I would like to see one, but I don't think any studio will make one, because there are too much characters in the book, and they are were important to Style's journey.
That's my little rant on "The Game". Flame me all you want. But I hope none of you are going to be Styleguy093 or -=MaStErSTYLE=-

Sniper
12-18-2005, 07:44 PM
Guys,
Ever see the movie "Boiler Room"? The guy in it can sell ANYTHING. After that movie, I was all about being in the stock market, being able to cold call, being able to sell, etc. The obsession lasted a week.
I've been doing ALOT of studying on the game and up until this weekend, idnd't do much practicing. BUT, I went crazy this weekend, crashed and burned in damn near 100% of my sets. If someone was any less determined than me, they would drop out at this instant, but if you stick with it, it'll be fine.
No Worries :)
Cheers
-S

ridick
12-18-2005, 08:52 PM
I'm glad I started this thread. Its been great hearing what you guys think about the whole (Expose us to the world situation with Styles book.) I'd love to know what MYSTERY thinks of the deal.
I'm betting he's loving it since the film would make him offically famous. As if he wasn't pulling enough chicks already! (Laugh it up Mystery, I would be!) Does this mean the bootcamp prices will go up?
All this because the guy asked himself the question........
"How do I attract women?"
Ridick

mr_brightside
12-20-2005, 04:21 PM
The other day I was doing a search online for Style's cube routine (before it was covered here!) and I came across a review of The Game on some website. One of the very first things mentioned, and a huge part of the article was regarding the homoeroticness in the community. Now, I don't know about some of the other guys in the community, but there's nothing "homo" about me, guarantee! If you ask me, the guy didn't get it!
He talked about when guys in the community go out and sarge and then write field reports online for others. If you ask me, that's not homoerotic, but rather guys learning how to meet women and then sharing their success stories with others to help each other... Or is it me that's mixed up?
mr_brightside

Rodzilla
12-20-2005, 04:26 PM
Ah...what?
It's just jealous little AFC...

Trix
12-20-2005, 04:42 PM
What a very good comment you make.
Are Mystery and Style gonna play themselves?
Anyways..
I think that the book was awesome, and the film will be a hit.
As for it ''letting the cat out of the bag'' as you say, Who knows?
It gives away alot in the book, but they surely wouldn't put ALL it in the film,
Would they?
1st of all they would have 2 hire Paris Hilton 4 that scene with Papa. The book doesnt give away the whole MM. We will just have 2 see, Why don't you pop Mystery an E-mail & see what he has 2 say on the matter...
...TriX...

Fresno Smooth
12-21-2005, 12:27 AM
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/dating/cl-bk-almond23oct23,1,7584099.story?coll=la-headlines-dating&ctrack=1&cset=true

Rain
12-21-2005, 12:49 AM
It seems to me that any change in the game is a good one. Many might fear exposure and the impotence that follows. But what Hollywood and the mainstream won't understand is that this community is smarter, more savvy, and more adaptable than they are. The community exists because we needed to set ourselves apart from the masses, to become Alpha. If everyone begins using the classic material and methodoloogy, it will force the community to change and develop new techniques.
The part I loved most about The Game, was when STYLE described using his material in a club one night, but the girls had already heard all his stuff. He had to elevate his game in order to remain competitive. This is evolution fellas. If a movie destroys this community in its current form, the strongest will still survive. It is the basis of nearly all that we do.
I, personally, intend to do everything within my abilities to be one of the survivors.

mr_brightside
12-30-2005, 03:08 PM
Spoken like a true master, Rain. Couldn't have put it better myself!
mr_brightside

The_Impaler
12-31-2005, 05:18 PM
i'm still in the process of reading it. what a read. can't put it down. i also read neil's jenna book...and may i add that i met her in person.....

Kingtriton
12-31-2005, 07:59 PM
I doubt that your run of the mill AFC will learn enough from either the book or the movie to saturate the market with pua's. I also doubt that many of them will have enough inner game to realize that they need to purchase Mysterys book or David DeAngelo's etc. etc. etc. I have a friend that is a major AFC so I tried to help him. He always comments about how I always seem to end up with HB's and wants to know how I do it. I gave him a copy of the DYD DVD set and he made it about 10 min's. He thought that the guys in the audience looked like loosers and he did not want to be associated with that. I gave him the keys to the kingdom and he was too afraid to use them. Thats whats going to happen when this movie comes out. For a month or two, these boards will be packed with new users, but when they find out how much work and money are involved with becoming a pua, the will give up and dissapear.
Thats my prediction.
King-

Sly
01-01-2006, 01:50 AM
Seduction is hard and it's getting harder I doubt a movie will change the future of the PUA community. I'll tell a short story and then answer the question.
I've been watching my little brother pick up on techniques. He's even become a good wing every now and then at the beach or the park. It's good for me, and he gets a kiss on the cheek every now and then, but back to what I was saying. I'll go to a coffeeshop and I'll bring my little brother he'll go flirt with some girls, and I'll just casually overhear to see how he's coming along. Because you gotta help a brother. THE GIRLS, THE LITTLE FOURTEEN YEAR OLD GIRLS, WERE THROWING NEGS AND HIGHER STATUS IMMEDIATELY AT MY LITTLE BROTHER!!! The game isn't something new to girls by any means. From the trend I'm seeing it looks as if the information I'm passing to my brother is the same trend and information their older sisters are passing to their siblings. I doubt a movie will speed up or change anything. It's almost inevitable with the rate these younger girls are learning. I can even see it with girls my age. It's almost easier to seduce twenty-four year old college seniors than 18 year old girls (even though I'm 18).
It's like the saying goes, a son's goal is to do better in life than his father. It's going to stay that way. And a movie will only bring attention to those who already knows the community or something of the sort exists. Those who don't know it exists will shrug it off as fantasy. If my brother sees the movie it can only improve his game. It can't hurt. The same with the girls their game will improve, but they were most likely aware of a possibility like a community. But those girls and guys ignorant to the situation at hand won't care either way if there is a movie or not. It's entertainment just like "hitch". And that's all it will be seen as. But I do agree there will most definately be some added attention to the community (a few more users etc.) but there won't be a massive change in the world perspective just yet. That will take time to much to hold interest of the entertainment audience. The effects will fade pretty rapidly. The most massive change is see is in conversation of the PUA community, but I dont think it will change the order of operations.

Steeze
01-01-2006, 08:48 AM
The Game has just burnt certain material.
I was trying the Jealous girlfriend opener on a gal just last night and she was "OMG! how wierd someone just asked me that same question a few weeks ago..." (I live in a small town)
At the same bar, the same night on another two-set I was working it and some dude was eaves-dropping and said "Dude...did you read The Game?" I asked what gave it away and he said was the best friend test.
:mad:
I am going back to my own opinion openers.
No more canned material for me.I tried the canned stuff just enough to see how it works,
I will take the formulas and apply it in different ways. It's better and more congruent that way anyway!

shweeny666
01-01-2006, 08:53 AM
the only thing his book ruined were about 5 negs and about 7 openers

Dragon
01-01-2006, 09:35 AM
Let me mention to everyone out there, whoever thinks negative of this movie already shows his innergame. THIS IS GOING ROCK! Its going give the community a new start being alot of KJ's are going drop off, new dudes that do come probaly won't have the balls to do this, and chicks will have bitchshields which is fun ;), long term only the strong and dedicated will make it. Society always brings up problems for us and we adapt as water does having no form. So I like to THANK Style for this, its just another test we're going have to face. Including it'll be a good movie hopefully.

S0LID
01-01-2006, 01:02 PM
Journalist comes into community, makes money off it and sells it out. He uses game to sway everyones opinion that what he did was ok too, mad hehe, gamed everyone.

ridick
01-01-2006, 10:36 PM
I think he SOLD everybody out!
Think about it! Its called a secret society. If you had to choose, expose it or not expose it which would you prefer? Be honest! Is it really helpful when a girl knows your gaming them?
NO!
The girl likes to believe that she is not being tricked or manipulated. She secretly believes that she is making the decision. She then only pretends that it was your fault.
GIRLS CHOOSE YOU!!!
If they think otherwise there out of there. I've found that my openers never work if the girl sees them as a pick up. That's why we body language them into thinking we could walk away at any moment. Why we use a time constraint! If pick up could be obvious and still work we wouldn't bother with these techniques.
Neil saw others around him making big money off the game. Mystery, Tyler Durden, Papa. Damn he taught TD and Papa. Then they start RSD and begin earning big bucks. And they were doing it using Neils material. And here's Neil at the top of the game, 2nd only to Mystery. Every one earning big bucks from it but him!
So he exploited the knowledge the best way he knew how. He took all the help the community gave him to change his life and then he sold it out. THREW IT BACK IN THEIR FACE! He asked himself the big question.....
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME? HOW CAN I NOW MAKE A BUCK FROM THIS AS WELL?
Wasn't enough that it saved him from a life as a chump. How did Mystery roll with this guy?
He's final contribution to the community was a new ROUTINE called the....
U JACK ROUTINE....
"I'm right, so bugger you Jack!"
Ridick:mad:

legonz
01-01-2006, 11:00 PM
A couple upsides-
1- By the time the movie hits and this stuff gets big, we'll all be the grandaddies of the pick up. The rookies will come to us for advice. It'll be our turn to shape The Game
2- HBs have their shields up at full blast already. The only thing exposure is going to change are those marginally attractive women that we don't even want to begin with- the girls that bottom-feeders lust over and chumps obsess over.
3- Style teaching women the game is going to make life even easier for us. Imagine sexually liberated girls gaming us back. It'll be like playing chess. Personally, a girl who makes it harder for me to win is more attractive, in my eyes.
I used to be scared of even other males around me learning The Game. I wanted to be the only guy in my area privvy to this knowledge so I can reap the horde. That's not the way this should be, though. It's a social science, and bringing in friends only makes this more fun. I don't see how this doesn't apply to females also.

ManOfMethod
01-02-2006, 02:07 AM
Guys,
At the end of the day HBs rate confidence. All the material in the community gives us two important things:
(1) CONFIDENCE because we've read that the stuff works
(2) A few tips for dealing with hard situations
Game isn't a series of lines, canned openers, higher value methods, etc. Game is a personal belief that you deserve and can obtain what you want...that you are the kind of guy that HBs want.
So, the book (which I am ever grateful for as an eye opener), Style on the View and a movie won't hurt those who truly attain game. It'll basically help us because, if you have true Game, you'll be the real man amongst the Social Robots.
Stay cool :cool:
Method

TrueStory
01-02-2006, 02:10 AM
The Game made the obvious explicit.

Guys,
At the end of the day HBs rate confidence. All the material in the community gives us two important things:
(1) CONFIDENCE because we've read that the stuff works
(2) A few tips for dealing with hard situations
Game isn't a series of lines, canned openers, higher value methods, etc. Game is a personal belief that you deserve and can obtain what you want...that you are the kind of guy that HBs want.
So, the book (which I am ever grateful for as an eye opener), Style on the View and a movie won't hurt those who truly attain game. It'll basically help us because, if you have true Game, you'll be the real man amongst the Social Robots.
Stay cool :cool:
Method

S0LID
01-02-2006, 06:28 AM
In his book he says that Tyler run game on the guys as well. We then focus all our attention and hate on tyler. Then he games us, who would suspect? In one part of the book, where he says about everyone being really happy for him when he writes an article in the newspaper, he's fvcking socially proofing himself!!! In the back of the book he says everyones happy, SOCIAL PROOF! then he reassures us that theres other ways to get women, of course we will beleive him we've just been there with him through a journy of his life. The big Guru names are also happy with him because just from the book their making more $$$. As soon as the movie comes out their training more guys and their all millionaires. It's a business, what makes you think they all have big hearts and care about the community lol?
I think we're all best off learning direct game, because as soon as that movie comes out it will be impossible on alot of girls to run indirect game AKA MM

TrueStory
01-02-2006, 07:19 AM
Yeah no shit! This is a good point about marketing through The Game. However, original community got started probably not because someone *cough*Ross*cough* wanted money. He even admits it himself that he was business inept until his partner (Dr. yates) came around.

In his book he says that Tyler run game on the guys as well. We then focus all our attention and hate on tyler. Then he games us, who would suspect? In one part of the book, where he says about everyone being really happy for him when he writes an article in the newspaper, he's fvcking socially proofing himself!!! In the back of the book he says everyones happy, SOCIAL PROOF! then he reassures us that theres other ways to get women, of course we will beleive him we've just been there with him through a journy of his life. The big Guru names are also happy with him because just from the book their making more $$$. As soon as the movie comes out their training more guys and their all millionaires. It's a business, what makes you think they all have big hearts and care about the community lol?
I think we're all best off learning direct game, because as soon as that movie comes out it will be impossible on alot of girls to run indirect game AKA MM

Red Stone
01-02-2006, 07:25 AM
Thus is evolution. Survival of the fittest, albeit an evolved definition of fittest.

Gemini
01-02-2006, 11:25 AM
I thought the book is awesome it gave me such a confidence boost afterwards thatni felt like i could have any girl i wanted, no i just need to harness the power of seduction. im good with the meeting them and talking to them but i seem to not be able to f close or kiss close. any tips?
:cool:

Lysander
01-03-2006, 03:58 AM
I think he SOLD everybody out!
Think about it! Its called a secret society. If you had to choose, expose it or not expose it which would you prefer? Be honest! Is it really helpful when a girl knows your gaming them?
NO!
The girl likes to believe that she is not being tricked or manipulated. She secretly believes that she is making the decision. She then only pretends that it was your fault.
GIRLS CHOOSE YOU!!!
If they think otherwise there out of there. I've found that my openers never work if the girl sees them as a pick up. That's why we body language them into thinking we could walk away at any moment. Why we use a time constraint! If pick up could be obvious and still work we wouldn't bother with these techniques.
Neil saw others around him making big money off the game. Mystery, Tyler Durden, Papa. Damn he taught TD and Papa. Then they start RSD and begin earning big bucks. And they were doing it using Neils material. And here's Neil at the top of the game, 2nd only to Mystery. Every one earning big bucks from it but him!
So he exploited the knowledge the best way he knew how. He took all the help the community gave him to change his life and then he sold it out. THREW IT BACK IN THEIR FACE! He asked himself the big question.....
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME? HOW CAN I NOW MAKE A BUCK FROM THIS AS WELL?
Wasn't enough that it saved him from a life as a chump. How did Mystery roll with this guy?
He's final contribution to the community was a new ROUTINE called the....
U JACK ROUTINE....
"I'm right, so bugger you Jack!"
Ridick:mad:
I think Ridick has a point! However I'm thankful for the book since it brought me into the community.
I'd be happy if it just remained as a book. A movie could blow it all apart.
Lysander
:(

legonz
01-03-2006, 04:10 AM
In reference to the book itself- the upside is that it gave me a good idea who NOT to trust. Jeffries seems like a creep and Tyler reminds me of a certain sleazebag friend of mine.

Hypnovibe
01-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Its good and its bad. It will bring in more money for the community and give us more up and coming masters to give advice to us making us better and better with more and more options for our game. The drawback? It will be tougher to lower the shields of women and if this stuff blows up too much the AFC will become more rare and thus more valuable to some women.

Refrusloi
01-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Does anybody agree with this? Or do you think it would be best to stay with indirect and just get good at it?

Rain
01-03-2006, 01:47 PM
I just wanted to point out that Style was an extremely accomplished writer before The Game. He didn't publish it to exploit the community. He wrote it because writers like compelling stories-which his is.
This isn't a bag of tricks we have to keep to ourselves. Ultimately, it is what we have inside that makes or breaks our game; the techniques we discuss are simply methods of releasing what is inside and understanding how social interaction works. These are things we should have been taught by our fathers and brothers. They are universal and intrinsic, and therefore, not subject to diminishing returns.
And lastly, Style's book has dramatically increased the size of this community. More minds=more knowledge and material.

ridick
01-03-2006, 07:11 PM
I just wanted to point out that Style was an extremely accomplished writer before The Game. He didn't publish it to exploit the community. He wrote it because writers like compelling stories-which his is.
This isn't a bag of tricks we have to keep to ourselves. Ultimately, it is what we have inside that makes or breaks our game; the techniques we discuss are simply methods of releasing what is inside and understanding how social interaction works. These are things we should have been taught by our fathers and brothers. They are universal and intrinsic, and therefore, not subject to diminishing returns.
And lastly, Style's book has dramatically increased the size of this community. More minds=more knowledge and material.
Sounds like something Neil might have said!
Ridick

FlashTheFormer
01-04-2006, 03:40 AM
Here's my take on the situation. Out of all the guys that read 'The Game':
- Approximately 50% will be unaffected by it i.e. they will not attempt use any of the material from the book. It will have no affect on their game.
- Approximately 40% will think it's cool and will be eager to try some of the stuff out. That week they'll try some stuff and will get mixed success. Some will have bad experiences and conclude "this stuff is BS". Some will do well and may incorporate it permanently into their game. However, most will forget what they've read read within a month or so and go back to their old AFC ways.
- Less than 10% will be profoundly affect by it (this includes me and a lot of people on this board). The affect may be epiphinal (like it was for me). They will make a determined effort to learn as much as they can about 'game'. They'll locate the community proper and become an active memeber. They'll realise that the stuff in 'The Game' is just the tip of a gigantic ice-berg. Within a short time they wont even be using anything directly from 'The Game' as they'll have a much greater knowlegde of the topic.
For the woman that read 'The Game', it would take a very good understanding of it to realise someone is using a technique or concept mentioned in it (unless they we're using a line STRAIGHT out of the book). Also, in my experience, most HBs don't read that much anyway.
So all these factors put together mean that unless you use lines straight out of the book (and no-one here would do that would they!) you're extremely unlikely to have a target know what you're doing because of 'The Game' (either because she's read it or someone who has has used the material on her before).
In my experience you can practially tell the target what you're doing and not blow your chances. I was talking to a girl whose friend was trying to get into my (AFC)friend. The girl and I were dicussing how they were interacting and I begam to mention what my friend needed to do to escalte the situation. Without using specific terms I began to tell her that he needs to begin to kino her and a few others things. All the while I was working on her using the very things I was describing, and she didn't notice! From being fairly aloof I start getting some IOIs. Nice. Mystery also mentions something like this in the DVD archive. He says he sometimes instructs people right infront of the set he's working on and they don't blow him out. This is also evident in the fact that even well know, notorious players/rakes/seducers still get away with it.
If 'The Game' is made into a film it will almost certainly contain VERY little actually 'pick-up' material. The film will center around the interation of the characters.
For me 'The Game' is what started it all. It got me into the community and has had a profound effect on my life. I have many new great friends, I go out 4-5 time a week, I have new clothes and I have improved my social skills 10-fold. And I'm still just a beginner. I've also improved other areas of my life due to my new drive and positive outlook. So, to me at least, 'The Game' was a very good thing.
Selah

S0LID
01-04-2006, 08:31 AM
If i show one of my female friends a picture of a guru, tell her he's one of the worlds greatest seductionists, tell her the routines and lines he'd use, she'd tell me that he'd have no chance, he's not good looking enough, that stuff doesnt work! Although I used simular stuff to meet her in the first place.
What I'm getting at is as soon as they know theres the dreaded "manipulation" and canned stuff in it shes like HA, what looser would do that?
As for everyone whos listening to all the gurus saying "you cant change evolutional programming" and sh!t like that, your acting like they'd have no reason to lie! The one i worship must be right, isn't that how cults get started?
Why do girls deserve even more of an edge?
Look into badboy and gunwitch stuff.

FlashTheFormer
01-04-2006, 08:43 AM
What I'm getting at is as soon as they know theres the dreaded "manipulation" and canned stuff in it shes like HA, what looser would do that?

Perhaps. But, unless you explicitly tell them (or they already specifically know this about you) they won't know that you're doing it to them - that your 'running game' on them. 'The Game' isn't enough for someone that's read it to catch every PUA out. Only someone using material lifted straight out of 'The Game' has anything to worry about.
Any why use in-direct methods? Because on some/many HBs direct game just doesn't work (unless your Brad Pitt or similar). Sure it works on some woman in some situations but it's only one tool.

Lancelot
01-04-2006, 08:57 AM
They may be on the lookout for openers used in the movie, but they don't know what makes a good opener, what necessarily makes a neg, and then just like Style said in his book, all the girls he was with didn't think he got them by using game. Every girl wants to believe that they're special, that she's the one girl the guy won't lie too.
Game is like a language I guess, and the movie would only give them a limited vocabulary.

Dr_Swift
01-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Opinions folks.
To me it kind of feels like the heart of the comunity has been ripped assunder and it's bowels exposed to the world. Suddenly I find (as I read more and more of this disturbingly mainstream book) that some of the best material I've seen is in wide circulation....I just read someone post that our techniques are now on CSI miami.
Writers of films like h1tch will be reading styles book - believe it.
We must change.
We must adapt.
Sure it all still works but all it'll take is a few more holywood displays and public appearences by Neil and this stuff could get out of hand.
There's only one sure way to survive - adapt the material.
Also should the community move farther underground? (half the game only works BECAUSE of the AFCs)...Sure we can help those that are our own - that come to the light to solve their own personal troubles. But if this information gets too out of hand the lifestyle of future PUAs will suffer from a mass of guys using these techniques.
Or do some of you think that this book will eventually die down and people forget about it?
(I can't help but feel as I read so much about all the big names on the scene's behind the senes lives etc. that it was all a little unfair to them - publishing details of their lives like that)
Anyway those of us using a lot of orignal material will likely get off with it....for the time being....

Judge
01-10-2006, 09:58 PM
I've been thinking about this lately too. I think we should just wait and see what happens if it does get out of hand we must adapt then and find a new way or method. Hopefully the book will die down.

legonz
01-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Trust me, the general structure works on girls even when they know what's going on.

Dr_Swift
01-11-2006, 12:44 AM
Yeh - that much I know. Which is why I'm comfortable in the short term (hell the stuff girls use on AFCs works all the time despite the fact they know what's happening. Look at LJBF ;) )
If loads of people take it up though - including those that are also naturally extremely goodlooking it may level the playing field a little....

Akira
01-11-2006, 01:31 AM
I was thinking, when Style was on the View, they gave out a copy of his book to the audience, and most of the View audience are women. I wonder how many of them actually read it.
I doubt it'll get too out of hand for several reasons...
IMO, most people, at least people that I know, aren't really into believing this stuff could work, Plus they don't want to be a PUA, so they think it's just for "players" or something.
Prior to being exposed to David D, then seeing Style on the View (that's one reason why I bought The Game, the other was his Interview with DD.) I wouldn't have given PU a second thought, other than something that "players" do, or some idea for a movie, like Hitch. I was particularly interested in self-help...in particular for AFC-ism, so I needed a prescription. I'm glad I found it, cuz my AFC is going into remission.;)
I like how Style says in the book, about Tyler Durden that he changed the community because he was unconventional,and he created his own way. And that he didn't just follow what everyone else was doing. Everyone should aim to be more like him, in that you should learn the fundamentals, do your own research, and create your own methods. and don't just be a follower!
Anyway, as far as I can see, Hitch was a small blip on the radar, and I thought it was practically straight out of DYD. People will think it's just a fad and forget about it for the most part, I think.

Ender
01-11-2006, 01:46 AM
this is what i think:
girls will always want to be fucked by the man who best insures her survival and replication... look at any game, football, basketball, baseball... the rules basically remain the same, but the game is always changing. EVOLVE OR DIE!!!

willingpawn
01-12-2006, 12:43 AM
check out this article! It was posted less than 4 hours ago.
http://msn.match.com/msn/article.aspx?articleid=5208&TrackingID=516311&BannerID=544657&menuid=6&GT1=7569
It's a link from the sympatico.msn.ca website, which is my homepage. Very accessible, very high traffic....

Dr_Swift
01-13-2006, 02:58 PM
This aint' good. It's shooting all over the place like wildfire.
I wish Neil would stop doing all these interviews and stuff. He's got his girl but he's going to absolutely destroy the tools that other guys need to find there....Sure it'll be good for the promotors and gurus. But it's bad news for RAFCs. Effectively the reason cocky and funny and situational openers etc. work is because of a loophole in the bitch shield created by the fact that it's almost always used on AFCs
Sure the stuff about triggering their attraction IS universal and they can't change it but increased competition could ruin some folks game.

Dashing
01-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Opinions folks.
To me it kind of feels like the heart of the comunity has been ripped assunder and it's bowels exposed to the world. Suddenly I find (as I read more and more of this disturbingly mainstream book) that some of the best material I've seen is in wide circulation....I just read someone post that our techniques are now on CSI miami.
Writers of films like h1tch will be reading styles book - believe it.
We must change.
We must adapt.
Sure it all still works but all it'll take is a few more holywood displays and public appearences by Neil and this stuff could get out of hand.
There's only one sure way to survive - adapt the material.
Also should the community move farther underground? (half the game only works BECAUSE of the AFCs)...Sure we can help those that are our own - that come to the light to solve their own personal troubles. But if this information gets too out of hand the lifestyle of future PUAs will suffer from a mass of guys using these techniques.
Or do some of you think that this book will eventually die down and people forget about it?
(I can't help but feel as I read so much about all the big names on the scene's behind the senes lives etc. that it was all a little unfair to them - publishing details of their lives like that)
Anyway those of us using a lot of orignal material will likely get off with it....for the time being....
Hey Styles book inspired the PUA community here in halifax, If anythig id like 2 shake his hand....be original, make up your own stuff or get left behind!

Akira
01-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Maybe this is reaching...but perhaps by doing this, Style is intentionally or unintentionally telling other PUA's to not just copy him and come up with something original for yourself.
If you're just going to use canned lines and techniques that everyone's gonna see on a movie or on TV or read in an article, then respectfully, you're being lazy and uncreative.

Dashing
01-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Maybe this is reaching...but perhaps by doing this, Style is intentionally or unintentionally telling other PUA's to not just copy him and come up with something original for yourself.
If you're just going to use canned lines and techniques that everyone's gonna see on a movie or on TV or read in an article, then respectfully, you're being lazy and uncreative.
Cheers to that

Haplo781
01-13-2006, 09:52 PM
It's like those specials Fox ran several years back exposing all the big illusions in magic. Nobody could ever use those tricks again, but it didn't put David Copperfield out of business... he just created some new ones.

karkass
01-13-2006, 11:10 PM
no, it hasn't. it's just a media fad that will be frogotten before you can say 'britney spears'.
BUT- the danger of running other PUA's routines on a girl that has heard them is real- be yourself, only better! this is an open challenge to all PUA's to step up their game!
(and being a no0b and posssibly hopelessly stupid about it all, i think this is a good thing, 'casue even if i get to be the most successful PUA ever, i never want to be a clone of anyone else, i'm me, dammit!!!!)

Limez
01-13-2006, 11:20 PM
All I have to say is, when I first saw shows like Extreme Makeover, I didn't suddenly say to myself, "Oh crap, that ugly chick is hot now, I better steer clear of beautiful women now!!!"

Mayhem
01-13-2006, 11:47 PM
The age group which most of us are approaching (I am assuming that is females under the age of 30) are not at home watching the view and reading stupid articles. If a women decides not to played by PUA's, she is therefore losing her chance of aligning with a high status male. She is limiting her options. Honestly, what girl is going to truely understand the concepts of negging? So what if you can't open with Who Lies More or Jealous Girlfriend.
You don't even need to make completely new openers / routines, just slightly alter them.

GoShogun
01-14-2006, 12:12 AM
As I wrote in my first field report, some guy came up to me and asked if I had read "The Game" because he recognized what I was doing. Since then, I've already decided that I won't use opener's, or any routines for that matter, that are used in that book. You're only limited by your imagination. It is EXTREMELY difficult, I would imagine, to pick up on the process of what a PUA does. Just alter the details of the process with your imagination and you should be fine.

Vapor
01-14-2006, 12:23 AM
People who use gimmicks, tricks, and old canned material are screwed, as they should be. People who use the material out there to improve their own personal game will be just fine.

Akira
01-14-2006, 12:27 AM
I would imagine the average girl MIGHT put a little energy towards finding out more about PU stuff, but I imagine on the average at MOST they'll forget about it soon.
I'd also imagine the first 10,20,30,50 girls you sarge wouldn't have the slightest idea that you were doing anything sneaky or otherwise.
I'm 100% sure that this one girl I was seeing learned her game from somewhere else, but I don't care...it created attraction and it was fun.
In fact, partially because of her I'm working on my game. She literally told me, "you have no game". (I had listened to DYD a month or so before I met her, which I totally attribute my limited success with this girl. I can look back now and I totally wussed out, and killed her attraction to me. But it was fun while it lasted.):D

Akira
01-14-2006, 02:26 AM
I just noticed a couple of things that probably lessened how much average people probably don't care about Style on the View... this was what it said on the Yahoo link of it...
Neil Strauss, author of 'The Game', was recently on 'The View', aired this past week but amidst the whole New Orleans ordeal.
That, and they rarely replay those shows cuz they're usually daily recent shows.
Just a thought.

Psycho
01-14-2006, 02:56 AM
Was there an effect? YES!
Does the community need to go farther underground? NO. There are far too many books, websites, videos, and courses offered to help AFCs to keep the fact that men are trying to play women are their own game a secret.
The community needs to Evolve! In my opinion, the rountines, openers, etc that are mentioned in The Game, or for that matter, any of the info passed from teather to student, are ment to be for example perposes only. Canned lines in my opinion are just stupid. Do you really want to be the type of guy who has a certain series of line and phrases to bed a woman? That is NOT what a PUA is!

adamm411
01-14-2006, 02:57 AM
"I wish Neil would stop doing all these interviews and stuff. He's got his girl but he's going to absolutely destroy the tools that other guys need to find there..."
---I have to strongly disagree. If you have not absolutely one iota or shred of creativity and absolutely must be led by the hand in terms of exactly what words to say and when, and rely exclusively on scripts, then yes, you're in a bad way. Otherwise, if you can "ad lib" and vibe; in other words, hold a fun conversation like a confident, intelligent, and interesting human being, you'll be ok. The human species has been around for many hundreds of thousands of years and to claim that mating is threatened as the result of a book on pickup strikes me ludicrous and paranoid. Anyone who believes this is severely lacking in what the community refers to as "inner game." Get to know the girl you are approaching. Try to remember her name. Try not to refer to her as a "target." The game itself threatens your social skills if you have to refer to a girl as a "target" where you try to "score" with as many "targets" as possible. Think about it: does game help your game, or does it throw you into a mindset which leads you further into an anti-social, dysfunctional frame of mind. I think Strauss was trying to be objective: what if the people holding bootcamps are severely messed up psychologically ("Tylder Durden" and "Mystery" for example). Do you really want to model your behavior after individuals with severe mood swings, who objectify people, have deep unresolved family issues, cannot maintain long term relationships and have hair trigger tempers?
You can be good at "game" and be a very, very dysfunctional messed up human being. You have to have enough confidence to believe that you can have a quality social life without becoming an approach machine obsessed with "game" to the exclusion of all other interests. Try to develop your intuition, follow your career goals, follow your passions: then you'll have a lot to talk about and you truly WILL be an interesting human being rather than having to lie about who you are ('fake it till you make it'), and insulting girls ('negging').

Dragon
01-14-2006, 05:21 AM
"I wish Neil would stop doing all these interviews and stuff. He's got his girl but he's going to absolutely destroy the tools that other guys need to find there..."
---I have to strongly disagree. If you have not absolutely one iota or shred of creativity and absolutely must be led by the hand in terms of exactly what words to say and when, and rely exclusively on scripts, then yes, you're in a bad way. Otherwise, if you can "ad lib" and vibe; in other words, hold a fun conversation like a confident, intelligent, and interesting human being, you'll be ok. The human species has been around for many hundreds of thousands of years and to claim that mating is threatened as the result of a book on pickup strikes me ludicrous and paranoid. Anyone who believes this is severely lacking in what the community refers to as "inner game." Get to know the girl you are approaching. Try to remember her name. Try not to refer to her as a "target." The game itself threatens your social skills if you have to refer to a girl as a "target" where you try to "score" with as many "targets" as possible. Think about it: does game help your game, or does it throw you into a mindset which leads you further into an anti-social, dysfunctional frame of mind. I think Strauss was trying to be objective: what if the people holding bootcamps are severely messed up psychologically ("Tylder Durden" and "Mystery" for example). Do you really want to model your behavior after individuals with severe mood swings, who objectify people, have deep unresolved family issues, cannot maintain long term relationships and have hair trigger tempers?
You can be good at "game" and be a very, very dysfunctional messed up human being. You have to have enough confidence to believe that you can have a quality social life without becoming an approach machine obsessed with "game" to the exclusion of all other interests. Try to develop your intuition, follow your career goals, follow your passions: then you'll have a lot to talk about and you truly WILL be an interesting human being rather than having to lie about who you are ('fake it till you make it'), and insulting girls ('negging').
I'll agree with this here, but the Game has been turned to a science like many arts in the past. We think that we can put names etc. and simplfy it.. Its still truley a art, like it or not. Now Style's "The Game" is probaly the best thing to happen to the community, sure... I'll ruin some of our techinques, sure it'll expose us supposedly.. But really who cares, unless people start doing it it means nothing. MASF, and the community in general theres alot of KJ's that are just too scared to approach, so does that really do anything? I'll also point out Adapting is just a skill we learn, as in spontaneous stuff we do, I really think Style is trying to get the community a new start, scare off the KJ's and get some more people in the community WHO WILL ACTAULLY DO SOMETHING.

Stallion
01-14-2006, 06:41 AM
At the end of the day girls want to be spoken to when they go out, it makes them feel good about themself's and that is the aim of pick up because when they start feeling good about themself's then they will start to want you more.
If a girl knows your trying to pick them up then so what, it you come across as confindent (I can't spell I know) and happy about yourself then you should still be able to get numbers and more.
Girls respect inner-game.
In the "layguide" by Tony Clink (a must read) he says picking up a girl is not a bad thing your giving her a gift and I do agree with that.
We will adapt and if we all can come up with new stuff then in the long run we'll be ok, the book will die down and I think Neil will stop talking about this on T.V as I don't think his girlfriend who he loves and got out of the game for will like him to keep telling the world how good he is at picking up girls.
The only worry I have is that I did hear that the game will be turned into a film but I don't know if thats true.:confused:

Wishmaster
01-14-2006, 08:31 AM
Karma Neil.. karma..

Karrelin
01-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Girls want and need dick. Your mission if you accept it, is to make them want your dick. Going forward only the insecure and the unimaginative have anything to worry about.
-Karrelin

Sunny
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Well, from my RAFC point of view I´m not so happy that many of the technics used get exploited, I even found out that in February there will be published a German version of "The Game", I can literally see the articles in "Men´s Health" and "FHM".
I don´t think this will "warn" a lot of girls rather then creating more competition among us men.
But overall I think the game isn´t this much about openers and negs, but more about alpha personality and self-confidence.
I think it is even said in the book itself that opening isn´t about what you say, but about the way you say it. For the next phases there are millions of ways to neg a girl and to show her your confident personality, I don´t think the book will make any girl "neg-proof".
For example check Juggler´s "How to become a pick-up artist". He doesn´t use any special openers, but takes advantage of the situation you find the target in when meeting her.
If there will be any effect I say it will be that all those geeks who only copy the material without really managing their inner game will fail in the future. That is why I learned to be evolution.

Lyric
01-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Adapt and exploit. Hence, my latest favorite opener. Use it till it gets stale! I don’t care cause there are a million more!
Hey, have you ever read the book, “The Game?? Basically, it’s a true story about this ugly duckling man who learns specific things to say and do that made beautiful, intelligent women fall in love with him. Do you really think that “Game? is something that can be taught?

GameBoy
01-14-2006, 03:16 PM
You know – being a poker player the poker-boom pissed me off… at first.
In the end my games are easier to beat and my profitability has soared. Just because there is a wealth of information available doesn’t mean guys are going to get good at it – they’re just going to want to try.
If you put in the time to master something, you’ll always be untouchable.
The Game won't go away - Style has a female-counterpat coming out soon. He also has 5 other books on contract to his publisher in 18 months.
His interviews are going to die down, but his publised works will start to appear in quick succession. After that starts the media run again.

Dr_Swift
01-15-2006, 11:29 AM
I think many of you have missed my point. I agree that we can simply change the lines.
The point is that giving RAFCs some material that they can use is important. I feel it's far less important to those of us who already 'get it' and can come up with new material. The problem is mostly for those who are learning.
I'd say canned material has it's uses too - sure we all come up with fresh stuff, the thing about canned though is it's always there as a backup. They are tried and tested techniques that can be relied upon and their outcomes predicted. Eventually you use them less and less - doesn't mean they won't come in handy from time to time.

Clubs
01-15-2006, 01:29 PM
As a total noob in this field I would say that I don't think the damage will be that big. If you want to become good at this you have to work and people are generally lazy and wont put in the effort to do it, especially when it is scary also.
Also by just reading the book you don't get the whole picture. It wasn't until I saw mysterys demostration on David Deangelos Approaching women and Starting Conversation that I realised how it should look, sound and feel, it was just awesome. How he acted through it with his body language telling most of the story. Not that many people will be able to do it. And they will come up as fake.
Even though I have read The Game I would never have guessed that he was gaming, if I had heard him talking in a club.
Two years ago I started playing poker and I have read a lot of books, sure it sounds easy when you read it and think that any bozo should be able to do it, including you. But there will still always be bad players at the tables. People are simply lazy. And not all will understand the concepts. Sure a few bright new stars may rise, but maybe these will give the pua community something new and help it evolve.

oneoone
01-15-2006, 01:36 PM
It is only a matter of time before opinion openers become just as corney as asking a girl what her star sign is today.
I think Chuck Palahniuk sums it up perfectly in Fight Club...
"What Tyler had created was the shadow of a giant hand. Only now the fingers were Nosferatu-long and the thumb was too short, but he said how at exactly four-thirty the hand was perfect. The giant shadow hand was perfect for one minute, and for one perfect minute Tyler had sat in the palm of a perfection he’d created himself.
You wake up, and you’re nowhere.
One minute was enough, Tyler said, a person had to work hard for it, but a minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Phantom
01-15-2006, 01:45 PM
Apparantly Neil is writing "The Game" for women. I.E. how to play the game on men.
He is then writing a follow up to the original book.
There is also a film in pre-produciton.

shweeny666
01-15-2006, 03:01 PM
and not many people use styles game
i use ross jeffries, mystery method, swingcat and thundercat' ebooks, and more
i have a ton of ebooks from everyone and i use all of em basically
bits of each
his book made the game a lot better
it was in danger of becoming extinct if we didnt get more members
its good that these peoples great talents can be passed on by glorifying it, and now more people will learn from ebooks and in perticular seminars and their talents will live on
these people arethe first guys to do this, mystery n style are the very first, in hundreds of years people will think they were the creators of seduction
they are living heroes of a community,

Akira
01-15-2006, 03:16 PM
I believe they are modern-day heroes, but they didn't create anything that wasn't here for centuries....they just sorted out all the stuff that doesn't work and the stuff that does. The stuff that was watered down, say by the women's movement and your mom (I can't get enough of the latter..lol)
I think roughly from the 60's to present day, wussification has run more rampant. Everything is so P.C. these days too.
I can imagine there were Mysteries and Styles and David D equivilents hundreds of years ago.:D

Phantom
01-15-2006, 04:39 PM
I believe they are modern-day heroes, but they didn't create anything that wasn't here for centuries....they just sorted out all the stuff that doesn't work and the stuff that does. The stuff that was watered down, say by the women's movement and your mom (I can't get enough of the latter..lol)
I think roughly from the 60's to present day, wussification has run more rampant. Everything is so P.C. these days too.
I can imagine there were Mysteries and Styles and David D equivilents hundreds of years ago.:D
Ever read Le Liasons Dangerous?

Akira
01-15-2006, 04:48 PM
Ever read Le Liasons Dangerous?
nope...what's it about?

Wishmaster
01-15-2006, 06:21 PM
Apparantly Neil is writing "The Game" for women. I.E. how to play the game on men.
He is then writing a follow up to the original book.
There is also a film in pre-produciton.
He gets married and he needs money to send his kids to colleage so he betrayed us all. It's that simple.
He is the magician that goes on TV to expose everybody's tricks.
He is on my official hate list.
One day karma will come..

Masters
01-15-2006, 07:16 PM
The Game was my first exposure to the community. I found fastseduction before Neil did the view and the talk shows. Every time more public media lists community stuff I just see it as annoying. Luckily we have WAY more stuff here than is just listed in The Game. So, your average housewife/target/chump isnt going to hear more than whats on tv or radio.
Everything the mainstream media is hot on dies off eventually. We all have very short attention spans. Some people will ride it out and some will drop off. Either way I have no problem with all the guys in America improving themselves through this stuff if they desired. If all anyone does is use a canned line and never incorporates anything into their personality then they hurt themselves. Make the core values in all of this who you actually are and you wont have a problem.

Sinergy
01-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Your official hate list?
Who else is on there? Companies that sell massive coupon books? The entire "Something for Dummies" series authors? Robert Greene, author of 48 Laws of Power?
Here's an applicable anecdote. A while ago a man named Thorpe analyzed the work of three reservists regarding the game of Blackjack. These guys used pocket calculators and a lot of long nights to build a crude table of Blackjack plays. Thorpe used computers to refine their work and published it. His book described exactly how to gain a statistical advantage over casinos while playing Blackjack. You wanna know what happened? The casinos FREAKED! They shut down the whole game of Blackjack for two weeks, but the outcry was so strong they had to bring it back. What they found was their profit margins skyrocketing. You see, thousands of people had bought Thorpe's book and became excited about winning at blackjack, but 1% of them actually worked hard enough to learn how to apply the system correctly. Thorpe's book spawned a whole industry of "advantage players" and their "gurus" and to this day, only 1% of the interested chumps actually learn how to win. So the casinos still offer Blackjack.
Nothing Neil publishes will change human nature. Women WILL NOT CHANGE. AFC's WILL NOT CHANGE. At worst, the community will become a topic of curiosity and conversation. It will still be useless to 99% of the world because they don't have the discipline to internalize it. AFC's can memorize everything they want but they will still be hollow and beta until they improve themselves. The naturals won't be a problem because their ego is too big to admit they could use improvement. The girls won't be a problem because girls will never believe they can be gamed. Even if a girl knows exactly what you are doing, if you're doing it right she won't care.
This stuff is too fundamental to human nature to change. Girls will never stop being attracted to self-confident, entertaining, charismatic men. And those same men (even the ones who need help developing it) will never fail to be surrounded by boring AFCs.
On a more general note: people have been exposing the secrets to success since before they invented writing. Have you noticed that only a few people actually LEARN those secrets. A chump can trip over a pile of Truth and never see it because he's not ready, and may never ever be ready. So don't take Neil's business so personally. He earned what he's making money off of. The only people he "owes" are the guys who taught him. They can take it personally if they want, but I haven't hear an outcry from them.

BreakingPoint
01-15-2006, 07:49 PM
Actually, it will be a bit damaging. The law of supply and demand also takes effect here, the fewer alpha males there are the greater the effect an alpha male will have in general.
Of course the amount of actual PUA's out there will not increase exponentially, but AFC's will be getting rid of some of their bad habits, reducing the effect being an alpha male has slightly.
Overall though, the book won't have much more of an impact than the vast amount of workshops and boot camps that mPUA's are doing right now.

Wishmaster
01-15-2006, 08:16 PM
Your official hate list?
Who else is on there? Companies that sell massive coupon books? The entire "Something for Dummies" series authors? Robert Greene, author of 48 Laws of Power?
Here's an applicable anecdote. A while ago a man named Thorpe analyzed the work of three reservists regarding the game of Blackjack. These guys used pocket calculators and a lot of long nights to build a crude table of Blackjack plays. Thorpe used computers to refine their work and published it. His book described exactly how to gain a statistical advantage over casinos while playing Blackjack. You wanna know what happened? The casinos FREAKED! They shut down the whole game of Blackjack for two weeks, but the outcry was so strong they had to bring it back. What they found was their profit margins skyrocketing. You see, thousands of people had bought Thorpe's book and became excited about winning at blackjack, but 1% of them actually worked hard enough to learn how to apply the system correctly. Thorpe's book spawned a whole industry of "advantage players" and their "gurus" and to this day, only 1% of the interested chumps actually learn how to win. So the casinos still offer Blackjack.
Nothing Neil publishes will change human nature. Women WILL NOT CHANGE. AFC's WILL NOT CHANGE. At worst, the community will become a topic of curiosity and conversation. It will still be useless to 99% of the world because they don't have the discipline to internalize it. AFC's can memorize everything they want but they will still be hollow and beta until they improve themselves. The naturals won't be a problem because their ego is too big to admit they could use improvement. The girls won't be a problem because girls will never believe they can be gamed. Even if a girl knows exactly what you are doing, if you're doing it right she won't care.
This stuff is too fundamental to human nature to change. Girls will never stop being attracted to self-confident, entertaining, charismatic men. And those same men (even the ones who need help developing it) will never fail to be surrounded by boring AFCs.
On a more general note: people have been exposing the secrets to success since before they invented writing. Have you noticed that only a few people actually LEARN those secrets. A chump can trip over a pile of Truth and never see it because he's not ready, and may never ever be ready. So don't take Neil's business so personally. He earned what he's making money off of. The only people he "owes" are the guys who taught him. They can take it personally if they want, but I haven't hear an outcry from them.
I understand where you're coming from dude.. you're saying books on.. say.. baking cookies are everywhere, yet there are people still running bakeries just fine..
Though regards to this topic, this is not about baking cookies but exposing a hidden knowledge. Like people who read books on stage magic with no intent of getting good at performing at all, but the very knowlege he has on how the trick is done spoils the show. And no matter how much showmanship, lights, special effects the magician has.. the show is still 'damaged' to some extent.
About blackjack, the casinos has changed alot of rules since card counting becomes main-stream. Like 1 deck games are becomming fewer and fewer. Dealers learnt to card count themselves and shuffle whenever the count is high, face reconization systems monintor card counters, banning people who appears to be conters and so on.. Alot of efforts and monies are put into stopping card counters, and it isn't quite impossible to card count these days.. You think the tables opened without making changes to combat all the tricks written in the book?
The people who taught him don't cry because they can now sell more systems and books.
There damages are done, that's for sure. Whether this damage is small or huge, temp. or permanent is still in question.
Hope you understand my point.

Sinergy
01-15-2006, 08:44 PM
[edit] a quick note about the magic show stuff. Why is one guy who memorizes how the tricks work before a show a problem for the magician? The audience is still overflowing with people who WANT to be amazed. Everyone wants to be part of something special, even the cynics. If a few girls study game they will be like easter eggs. Think how much fun it will be to run into one. You'll both enjoy competing more than you will get upset that someone else knows your tricks. And if a dude read the book but isn't a player he might be able to blow you out by explaining what you're doing but the community will simply develope new tactics to deal with that problem. . .the thought is actually tantalyzing. :-)
I do man, and I have to admit to feeling the same way a while ago. My train of thought was something like this:
1) I've learned this stuff.
2) A lot of this stuff works because no one knows about it.
3) This guy learned all this stuff.
4) This guy is doing his best to milk these secrets for money.
5) This guy is lowering the value of this stuff.
6) If everyone knows the secret this stuff might not work.
7) Damn that guy.
However, I pride myself on knowing a certain quote. "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking." Martin H. Fischer. So I like to revisit conclusions and see if they are really the last stop on the train of thought.
8) The real power in this stuff is unlocking my potential.
9) Most people shy away from their true potential.
10) I've found plenty of teachers who's wisdom was lost on everyone else.
11) The better this stuff is the more likely it is to go over people's heads.
12) Even people who see how a trick works quickly forget it. (me)
13) The very simplicity of this stuff will camoflauge it in plain sight.
14) It will be fun to hear people complaining how they read the book but can't make girls their sex slaves.
15) Let this stuff come out. It won't hurt me.
I'm impressed you know something about advantage play, most people are suckers. Anywho, maybe that was a bad example. Perhaps diet books are better. Does anyone here really think losing weight is complicated? No, even fat people know exactly what to do to lose weight, but they can't do it. They can attend seminars, hire coaches, read books, join online communities, etc. If they never fix what's wrong inside themselves they will never get anywhere. However, as soon as they figure out what's up inside their own heads they get exactly the results they want, it's like some sort of magic trick.
I kind of see Game the same way. It's really all about what's going on inside your own head. Like, in his book, Neil explains how people can become "social robots" by running game without internalizing it. These people don't even know what their own goals are, let alone how to work towards them. All they've got going for them is an inclination that reading off a script will make something interesting happen. In their own heads they're AFCs in a PUA's clothing.
So this is getting long. To sum up; I don't think this stuff will stop working for those who truly understand it. I don't think Neil is betraying anyone; he's just more successful than everyone before him. Even if he swamps the market for a time, his work will fade. It'll only be a short time before a new Guru offers his insights and reminds people to read Neil's books as a primer. The trail of PU info doesn't start with Neil and it won't end with himm.

Wishmaster
01-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Impressive, I can see you understand something about pusuasion, even though our views differ, it's clear that we're debating on a same wavelength..
I have nothing against writing a book. There are many writers before.. RJ, DD, MM.. and I like what they have done. It's the method Neil advertised his book that marks his intent.
He went on 'The View' which is basically a morden version of Oprah Winfrey.. why does he want to promote a male pick-up book to a mostly female audience :confused:
Based on the imformation of a previous poster, he has a book intended for women? How to play games on men :confused:
His intent is very clear. Money is all there is in his mind. And he'll betray anyone, and everyone to get it.
I'm not afraid of this spoiling my game. I would not let it. Infact, after this post, I'll be back to picking up chicks and positive things.
I feel your blackjack example applies more to this issue than the diet book example.
Be careful where you post your tactics from now on.. you'll never know where Style will be lurking..

Wishmaster
01-15-2006, 10:18 PM
Like somebody wrote a book called George Bush's Art of War and he went to colleage and universities to promote it, it's fine.
But if he goes Iraq and promote it, then he has a totally different intent.
You can say the Iraqis don't have the time, money, resources, power.. to build a military like the US. So the book won't damage our welfare..
But what would be your opinion on the author?

Orleans
01-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Too much for me to read in this post.
My thoughts on this book:
On some level I've gotta give this guy high-fives, he's an amazing writer and changed his life to make it what he wanted it to be. His book is awesome and I think it will help out a lot of guys and I think it'll change the community for the better.
But on another level I've gotta say "Damn that motherfucker." for making things harder for us. Oh well, adapt and evolve.

Dr_Swift
01-16-2006, 12:30 AM
Just when I was feeling betrayed by the publication of one book he's bringing out another.
But not many people read books - so it looked to be ok......
But
A Film????? FFS! That's profiteering. Try using the opinion opener when that films big on blockbuster - Even if it's a bad film, opinion openers will become common as muck.
We might get away with changing the wording - but how many other jackasses are going to try that?
And again sure there are other opener structures - other things that work but that kind of opener is handy for engaging the whole group.
Anyway I have no doubt that the number of guys doing this will increase thousands fold whenever the film comes out. Sure not all will make it all the way.
And incase you folks hadn't realised the website community is only the tip of the iceburg practicing this stuff. I did it for ages before I came here - and I know others who have never even looked at these sites.

Stallion
01-16-2006, 01:15 AM
A film will have in it a lot of the infomation that we all use but other than that does anyone else think that it will be boring as hell.
It'll just be an actor talking to lots of girls and getting better each time.
He did write a very good book but as a film anyone who doesn't care to learn anything about PU will want to walk out.
There is the saying in his book "Bro's before ho's" but what about "Bro's before money"
Has anyone else already had any thoughts on this?

Amph
01-16-2006, 02:08 AM
Anyone criticising Neil for writing the book, doing interviews etc has totally lost the whole idea about what "the game" is and what being a PUA is really about.
Throwing away AFC'ness and becoming a PUA is about self improvement. It was never about learning some canned lines/openers and negs and getting some sex. If this is the way you have been operating, I feel sorry for you because you really are not deriving all the benefits from this community.
What affects your game more than anything is your "inner game". ie: Your entire internal mental state, including your self confidence, your reasons for playing the game, your goals, your alpha attitude etc etc.
Any old average joe can pick up Neils book and learn what a neg is and how to use an opener. Hell he might manage to open a set and start a conversation, but if he has low self confidence, bad body language, a beta attitude he is most likely going to crash and burn.
Most rAFC's need a lot of hard work before they can come ANYWHERE NEAR apporaching the skill of a PUA. This is because to truely derive any benefit from mystery method, DD, RJ or anyone else, you have to internalise it all, become the alpha male, achieve a great self image/self confidence and most importantly, KNOW WHO THE FUCK YOU ARE.
Do you think most of the AFC's who read or see Neil will put the effort into this? They will try a few negs and openers, get blown out and then give up. Most wont even try as they think it wont work. I even tried to convince my friend to join me in my quest for PUA'dom but he didnt believe in the game. Even when I described parts of it in detail and why they worked psychologically speaking.
REMEMBER THIS: The game is about self improvement. Its about changing yourself into a better person. A better communicator, a better socialiser, a better lover.
Its not a trick to get laid.
If you dont know who you are or what the fuck you are doing in your life then you need to sort that our first.
Anyone who plays the game without first aligning their inner game with the worlds perception of who they are runs the risk of becoming a social robot.
Sure I can get a few shags but I have no personality other than I learned from some ebooks. Yeah Ive got notches on my bed post but I cant hold a relationship cos I have nothing to talk about to women.
DONT LET THE GAME RUN YOUR LIFE. ADD THE GAME TO YOUR LIFE AS A BENEFIT AND LET IT IMPROVE WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE.

Dr_Swift
01-16-2006, 02:34 AM
I agree inner game is curcial. I agree the journey from AFC to PUA is a long haul. I even think that there will be large number of guys who won't take up the game.
But the benefit is in scarcity.
I have personally derived a lot of satisfaction, and benefit in all areas of my life. There's no suggestion otherwise. Again respectfully you are missing the point - it's not about me, it's about those who still need those examples.
However,
The point remains. To learn this it is important to have a few techniques to try out. You will learn to be your own man.
When you're changing how you interact models and examples are important. Eventually the belief system, values, identity, bodylanguage, attitudes and skills WILL internalise themselves and you'll be able to go with the flow.
However to change your beliefs it is important to provide yourself with life experiences which validate the new belief.
The teaching material out there serves a valuable purpose and basically letting all the chicks see it every day will reduce the effectiveness of many.
We can replace them but mass exposure and use of any ideas which are 'de-elitised' could very quickly become redundant amidst many folks using it.
And I agree with the person who said that it looks like Neil is putting 'Money before bros'.
The film could be quite successful. Look at hitch for instance. That's the problem.

Bling
01-16-2006, 03:55 AM
I see Game for guys a little like make-up for girls.
I always look at the equivalent in the opposite. So I mean, the dude running an average game who has a boring life/personality is like the girl with her makeup mask on and with her boring life/personality. They're both just techniques for attraction. Underneath, what's going on. I don't know if anyone cares about that besides me but I want quality people.
I am seeing more and more the difference between REAL and FAKE. GAME and BEING A QUALITY PERSON.
Once you master yourself you'll leave the techniques behind.
And another thing, perhaps even directed at Wishmaster. Once you reach a level of success with women where love and sex is abundant you cease to envy others. You reach a satisfying headspace you couldn't even imagine existing before, where assisting those not as successful becomes a pleasureable and deeply fulfilling experience.
p.s. Sinergy and Wishmaster, great posts. I thought they really stood out.

Wishmaster
01-16-2006, 04:29 AM
And another thing, perhaps even directed at Wishmaster. Once you reach a level of success with women where love and sex is abundant you cease to envy others. You reach a satisfying headspace you couldn't even imagine existing before, where assisting those not as successful becomes a pleasureable and deeply fulfilling experience.
p.s. Sinergy and Wishmaster, great posts. I thought they really stood out.
Thank you for the compliment, and I find your words has alot of wisdom.
Though my level of success has not reached a place I would like it to be.. yet, I'm not one to step down others in order to claw my way to the top. Yes I believe in coperation, and I believe in all for one, and one for all. And I believe there's more than enough for everybody. In fact, I constantly try to teach this material to people. The reason I use try is because seldom, they will listen or ever will. So I understand it when ppl say 'not everyone wants to get good at this'. As the saying goes, the teacher will appear when the student is ready. And alot of people are not ready no matter how many times they're ditched..
BUT, respectably the issue here isn't about educating fellow AFC, it's about promoting the material to the 'enermy' (women). If men and women are doing battle.. the battle of the sexes, and a gun seller begin selling guns to the men saying the gun will help give you an advantage. And then went to the womens and tell them the men have guns.. so you better have one too!
Who will benifit in the end? Yes, the gun seller! This is what the chinese called the 'two headed snake'.
Well if some of the money goes to my pocket, then maybe 'bro'.. lol! j/k
Peace and abandance to you Bling! :)

Stallion
01-16-2006, 06:04 AM
And I agree with the person who said that it looks like Neil is putting 'Money before bros'.
Cheers.

The film could be quite successful. Look at hitch for instance. That's the problem.
The Hitch film had a ficton story based on things that happen in real life so they can add all the gags and make it what they want but the game will be nonficton and if you reread the book and try to think of it as a film not that much happen's that would make it a good film I think.
I have been thinking maybe Neil wants PU to be exposed and the world to know what we are learning as near the end of his book he did seem to become p*ssed off with it all and when he went out, girls all new the lines and openers, some of them he had come up with.
He wrote about how everyone is turning into robots.
Maybe in his mind if he can expose everything and aim his books at women it will make everyone have to change and start to come up with their own game and not use all the stuff he had come up with.
By telling the world about it all it will also make people work on their inner game more instead of just working on things like
an opinon opener that a lot of girls still haven't heard about.

Akira
01-16-2006, 12:51 PM
I think the difference between the Blackjack and Magic analogies is that you really kind of have to learn it. Having game, sure you have to learn it, but it can be perceived as being a "natural" thing. Especially with brand new women you meet.
I guess there's people who believe that people who do magic are naturals or are "witches" lol. (Sorry to all the witches out there:D haha) But I believe they all had to learn it.
But yea, if the casinos see they can benefit from that book, I think girls might see that they can benefit with having more "Mr. Right's" out there(aka guys w/ game).

Sinergy
01-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Bling, thanks I appreciate that
Wishmaster, I like where your head's at
I think I'm beginning to see what your problem with Neil is. And you have a point. I hadn't thought about his actions that way before. Maybe his girlfriend is encouraging him to teach girls game; she is a strong-willed woman.
But, beyond that, Neil is a writer. He makes his living writing about what he knows. At this point the subject he knows the most about is pick up skills. He's probalby looking at starting a family in the near future and needs to be sure he has a strong financial base.
But, even beyond that, everyone here read The Game right? Well, I read it twice. The first time I was impressed both by his success, his writing skills, and the overall moral of the story. The second time I analyzed everything and literally copied out every single scrap of pick up advice between the front and back covers. I mean it, it's all organized and it is everthing in the book. I had to do that because he didn't write a book about pick-up, he wrote a book about his experiences. There's a line somewhere in The Game where Neil compares learning game to running around under a leaking roof with a bucket trying to catch all the drops. That's what I had to do to get all the solid information he provides.
You know what, it's not much. Hell, I've had a list of notes 3 times as long as my notes on The Game for a year before I read it. He really only provides an introduction to the actual techniques. He actually writes more about the personalities of the various gurus than about what they teach.
So I'm not at all worried about anything else he may write or any movies he may produce. When you saw his View interview, did anyone notice he spent more time saying "I can't believe I'm teaching you this." than actually teaching? And when he did, finally, demonstrate an opener his voice changed. It was so much fun to watch. The tone(s) of voice he used were sooooo NLP but he never drew attention to them. Using your voice in that way helps a great deal and HE DISTRACTED ATTENTION FROM THAT FACT. I think he will focus on selling the IDEA of pick up skills, the excitement that surrounds them, but he will carefully avoid giving the techniques away for free.
I don't know him personally of course. However, the impression I have of him is that he is intelligent, self-aware, and very honest. I mean, come on, he's dating the one woman he couldn't game. That's self-confidence at it's best. So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

ChoppedLiver
01-16-2006, 01:41 PM
I think girls might see that they can benefit with having more "Mr. Right's" out there(aka guys w/ game).
Good point!
It's gotta be good for women to actually have more guys out there properly educated in how to treat women the way they are 'programmed' to be treated instead of how the say they want. Have you ever actually tried telling a girl that what she says she wants, and what actually attracts her are different? They don't believe you!!
About time the wussification of the male species took an about turn! Too many of us subscribed to and believed that "new man" crap dished out in the 80's / 90's
Rant over :D

xanderguru
01-16-2006, 02:10 PM
[snip]...he's dating the one woman he couldn't game. That's self-confidence at it's best. So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Wasn't that the whole point of the book? Everything evolves... and the community is entirely no different.
Inner Game is where it's at now. That's the goal, the elusive obvious that we've all been searching for.
PU is more than just some canned routines. You gotta be congruent with what you're doing.
"Freed from desire, you can see the hidden mystery.
By having desire, you can only see what is visibly real."
Be Desireless, Be Excellent, Be Gone.
X.

Wishmaster
01-17-2006, 08:52 AM
He's probalby looking at starting a family in the near future and needs to be sure he has a strong financial base.
.. and so do you someday my brother.. why don't you steal some of your air force secrets and sell it? :D

MrMister
01-17-2006, 11:27 AM
If you look closely to Style's "The Game", its more an autobiography then a reading book, a learning book. When I'd read the book I found it to be interesting, but in the mean time rather unsatisfying. I mean this guy, this absolute AFC as he described himself, changed himself into a mPUA in 2 years. That's some pretty heavy stuff. But if anyone wants to know how exactly to do all he did, The Game isn't worth reading it. Yes, he does say what he uses, but most of the times he doesn't explain how it really works. 1 week after I read The Game, I saw The Mystery Method Video Archive, the basis of Style's game. And in these dvd's I could finally understand what Style ment in his book.
So who cares who reads The Game. its just a fascinating story about some guy getting succesfull with women (if you read this sentence again, it really does sound like a sleezy cheap movie plotline)
I agree with the people who say: Adept and Evolve

Adapt and exploit. Hence, my latest favorite opener. Use it till it gets stale! I don’t care cause there are a million more!
Hey, have you ever read the book, “The Game”? Basically, it’s a true story about this ugly duckling man who learns specific things to say and do that made beautiful, intelligent women fall in love with him. Do you really think that “Game” is something that can be taught?
If you ever use a routine or a opener that Style uses as well, and your "target" recognizes it as such, then this is a brilliant way of answering. good thinking on that one:D

Soaps
01-17-2006, 08:46 PM
I think you boys are forgetting something here, they dont sell confidence in a book, Sure they tell you how to get it and what to do to actually get it, But come on, im taking Cognitive and forensic psychology. I mean You learn everything as you go. Ya, you learnt what ways attract women get them comfortable all that, and a few lines to go with it. You also have to remember this is an "ART". Their isnt ONLY ONE specific line to say. You can make up your own things to say, thats the art behind all this. Dont go by everything a person says. Yes, Use what you have learnt, but evolve and make it your own too.
dont be so scared that style is giving out the hole game plan, because no matter what he says, all women want to feel the feelings of ATTACTION, COMFORT, CONFUSION, HAPPYNESS, and also having been SEDUCED. that will never go away.
and im surprised you havent got that by now, i mean learn to used different ways, make soemthing up do soemthing stupied
dont be affraid to go out on the limb and try something you know, or think will NOT totally work, sometimes it could be the answer your looking for.
who give a FUCK if style is selling out, if he is, FUCK HIM. Move on and use your own lines and things to say. plus how will women know your using ATTACTION, COMFORT HAPPYNESS and SEDUCTION if thats what they HAVE to feel.... i mean if your using the STORYS and the line THEY USE!! then ya women will call you on it....
Remember its an ART, the more You practice, the more CONFIDENT you will get at it. and when you are more CONFIDENT and AWARE of how to use attraction and all the feelings, you will be able to think on your own ways.
remember STYLE, MYSTERY, ROSS .... these guys didnt INVENT feelings. they only showed you how to use them.
This is an ART

Soaps
01-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Its fuckin unreal how you people look up to Mystery, Neil, Ross and David D or someone like this for every little problem, and every line to approach and something to say in a perfect situation, or a bad one.
All they are doing is SHOWING US THE DOOR.
WE!!!...YOU!!, are the ones that have to WALK THROUGH IT, AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!!
You can do it you have been givin the tools

Prometheus
01-18-2006, 12:29 PM
I highly recommend the book "The Art of Seduction"
Casanova was a known seducer. All the ladies in town would talk for hours about Casanova. He would own their minds before he even stepped foot into town. Women want romance, they want to be seduced.
I don't think of "Game" as MM, CF, SS, Style, etc. Those are techniques and tools towards the art of seduction. They are your paintbrushes.
The "art of seduction" we're talking about is as old as mankind itself. You have to find your own techniques and talents from the methods and materials.

Stallion
01-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Good point!
It's gotta be good for women to actually have more guys out there properly educated in how to treat women the way they are 'programmed' to be treated instead of how the say they want. Have you ever actually tried telling a girl that what she says she wants, and what actually attracts her are different? They don't believe you!!
About time the wussification of the male species took an about turn! Too many of us subscribed to and believed that "new man" crap dished out in the 80's / 90's
Rant over :D
Mate, thats got to be one of the most intellgent things I've read on theis Forum so far, well put.
Anyone I've ever talked about the game to just wants to suck up to girls and buy them drinks and when I tell them about how we do it and tell them about thing like NEGS they think it's crap.

theDA
01-18-2006, 05:00 PM
Prediction #1
Somewhere right now there is some random AFC reading "The Game". This guy is going to be the one that five years from now will revolutionize the art of pick up. He will be teaching us all some brilliant new tactics and will be hailed as the next Mystery or Style.
Prediction #2
The only concrete effect "The Game" will have on popular social culture is that many of the words used in the PUA subculture will reach the mainstream lexicon. Two years from now, the whole world will be using the terms "bitch sheild" and "sets". If Sex and the City was still on the air, there would already have been an episode called "Anti Slut Defense".

Deep6ixx
01-18-2006, 05:42 PM
I would like to know if anyone on this site can honestly say that the book has hurt their game in the field yet? I see alot of talk but havent heard any stories yet. Only from the book where Neil talks about all his canned openers being used in LA.
I have not used any of the common ones myself. But i have used a few tricks with isolation and DHV techniques with good success. I am just a beginner putting the AFC to sleep.
Your thoughts.

Deep6ixx
01-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Its hard to complain about Neil. I didnt even know who he was until DYD instroduced him. And even after that i almost didnt pick up the book. I thought David D was the man. But i think we all are going to feel he is a sell out by exposing this. But then again if he didnt i wouldnt know anything about this nor would i have had the success this quick. All the other books he talks about are really the way to improving your inner self. I took lots of notes and read most of these books. The book itself will not be enough. It will take lots of work and lots of nerves. The ones that want it more will find success. Others will just move on.

obie
02-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Guys, stop getting your panties in a bunch about the 'exposure' of the community. Some girl heard JGF before? So what? Have a routine for this situation. OK, so it may show interest. Work around it. You guys are acting like you are doing something bad with all this stuff and if a woman finds out you know what 'game' is you're cooked. BAD BAD FRAME!!!
By running game you are doing HER a fuckin favor! Your knowledge of pickup maximizes her opportunities to know YOU, which, given that you are a good guy, should be a great experience for both of you... she is society's victim ...AFCs force her to be lonely and bitchy which is not at all how SHE wants to be...
stop acting like you are taking value from women... unless you generally are out to use and hurt women (note: I don't judge)... BUT if you come from the heart, act like it dammit!

BonVoyage
02-04-2006, 04:53 PM
i see there no problem. everybody knows how to get a really good looking body. but does everbody looks good? in our world with the www you can get any information in a few seconds.
but the hardest thing is: you must want it!

hick
07-07-2006, 02:32 AM
Too many people see the exposure of the seduction community as a bad thing.
The reality is that yes, people will know canned openers that we use, yes they may know some routines we use but this benefits us.
It forced the guys that are stuck with the "training wheels" that is canned material to start to progress to natural game in order to suceed in sets.
Also, as the majority of guys on here are established and have good game, and good inner game, I am taking it that most of you have your alpha male persona nicely set up.
And as we all know, one of the traits of an alpha male is competativeness.
Alpha's love a challenge. Therefore we love a challenge.
The exposure of the community to the public, no matter how big or small gives us a chalenge to adapt our game and challenges the community to advance.
After all, look at life in general, it is "bad" situations that cause humans and animals to ADAPT and become STRONGER.
Therefore the more the public know about canned material we use, the more it forces us to ADAPT and become STRONGER and makes the community advance.
Without this pressure to adapt, advance and "evolve", guy's like us would never have even found the game, as we wouldn't have needed to improve our lives in the first place.
My two cents.
hick

Cream
07-07-2006, 04:10 AM
You guys are right about one thing: True, we can adapt our canned stuff.
But if "the game" gets really popular, (movie, etc) there is one move that will be obvious: NEGS. When you neg a girl, or if you ignore her but she knows she is the prettiest of the group, etc, if she knows all this she will KNOW she is the target. So it will be harder for her to find us curious and interesting.

Alpha Centurion
07-07-2006, 04:48 AM
Seeing how so many people are using the game
and exploiting it to satisfy their own greed, therefore
destroying it from the inside out...

I say we evolve.

Iceman
07-07-2006, 04:48 AM
You guys are right about one thing: True, we can adapt our canned stuff.
But if "the game" gets really popular, (movie, etc) there is one move that will be obvious: NEGS. When you neg a girl, or if you ignore her but she knows she is the prettiest of the group, etc, if she knows all this she will KNOW she is the target. So it will be harder for her to find us curious and interesting.
Disagree.
Fuck man, 90% of the people on this forum don't know what a neg is...how the hell is a HB going to know?

Primal
07-07-2006, 05:15 AM
We are the SECRET SOCIETY.
we were all once afcs, and believed that we would never be any better, and through this community we have the ability to do whatever we want, whenever we want, with whoever we want. We already evolved from AFC to PUA, now its time to intergrate all that inner game and practice and be able to improvise our game, at the drop of a hat.
but ICEMAN has a point, a neg has an emotional reaction. for a woman to disqualify a neg, she has to disqualify her own emotion, which she would never do, because the most important thing to a woman is how she feels.

Libertine101
07-07-2006, 09:23 AM
Seeing how so many people are using the game
and exploiting it to satisfy their own greed, therefore
destroying it from the inside out...

I say we evolve.
Exactly. As long as we stay one step ahead, they'll never know. Sure, some of the routines that are shown in the movie (if their is one) are gonna have to be thrown away. But look around the forum and theirs lots of new openers,new negs, new routines being developed every day!
women might know what's up, but surely they won't stop us, from gaming them. If all else fails, then like Masters suggested: we make the forums private, and then people won't have access to the community.

Xtreeme
07-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Look guys!
I remember mystery saying on one dvd that someone once told a girl that he was a pua.
So when he went to PU her, she was expecting him to do Don juan stuff, like "oh your beautiful" and all that. But when he wasn't (in exchange doing negs and stuff) she felt really forced to chase him or lock him into starting.
So I think we will adapt a routine that if we ever feel like a chic has seen the movie, then we will neg her by saying we're not hitting on them. I mean guys, there already ARE negs adapted to girls who think we are hitting on them. THE ONLY REASON TO NEG (or false disqualifier) is to make them believe we're not! and the only successfull neg is the one that isn't recognized as a neg.
Thats my thought
peace

FusterCluck
07-07-2006, 03:29 PM
this is not a big deal at all...
its just like if you see a guy in a movie or on the street who is good with women, most guys envy him. not copy him. i would love to see the movie if they make it.
if you guys are scared of this, you need to work on your inner game.

that_asian_guy
07-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Being a 15 year old this concerns me, because I will have to deal with these problems soon. I think that its not the material, just the presentation... JUst make up your own stuff and go field test it. That's all you can do.

intrigue169
07-07-2006, 04:22 PM
I really can't wait for the movie to come out, I will instantly have some set things in the can for when I'm busted like , my friend Neil wrote the plot and we were concerned if it would still work being in the mainstream , then after that your opened and can run some DHVs ect

Borderland
07-07-2006, 05:24 PM
To act as if nothing will change is rediculous. To every action there is a result. Its hard to say what it will be - but it will be.
My guess is that the movie will act like a gigantic commercial which will make a lot of guys look like idiots but also push thousands into buying products. Many won't have the balls to put it into use and it will become common - so to speak.
The stronger ones will be creative and come up with more unique game.

Ribald
07-07-2006, 06:47 PM
The book may have made things more widely known, but again the true PUA universe is so small that I don't see how it can ever become general knowledge. Plus, most AFCs don't have the patience or smarts to study and understand PUA techniques fully. And remember: amongst PUAs, discussion = knowledge = power. That's the kind of math I like!

Devastation
07-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Neil is forgetting were he came from..... he's getting ready to settle down and figure's he'll make a couple pounds off the hard work its taken him to become this PUG.
Thats it.... it's time for a pillow fight.

Legion5
07-07-2006, 09:12 PM
I have a concern and I wondered whether it was shared by others. STYLES book. Let just begin by saying how thankful I'm that he wrote it. If he hadn't I never would have discovered the community and got the help that I desperately needed. Dam was I AFC!
But my concern is this. The book is one thing but it has been sinced optioned by a producer and is set for the big screen in about a year or so. Am I the only one thinking this, but doesn't that sort of let the cat out of the bag for the rest of us in a really big way? If this film is a hit and widely seen then nearly every girl will know what an opener is, what a neg is, the websites we visit, Mystery's Method etc, etc, etc... You'll approach, you'll open and they'll say "Yeah I saw that movie too, see ya buddy!"
It will be like the moment Neil describes in his book where TD lets the girls at the club know all about Mystery's game and blew out all the sets in the club on him. Isn't a movie going to do the same to all of us on a massive scale?
Neil address this at the end of the book by saying that men and women will always find a way to meet. Sure I accept that of course, but if he hadn't discovered the community and the non publicised techniques it had to offer would Neil have ever got to meet the women he does by the end of the book?
Ridick
This is what is going to be called a "Massive Contrast Inducer".
the AFCPUA's will get thousands of times worse. While the MPUA's will get twice as good.
Real PUA's know that any normal shit won't matter, and being able to PUA under those circumstances will be a massive confidence booster, and being a good PUA will even be a DHV, but the loser PUA's will be totaly blown out by it.

Satyre
07-07-2006, 10:15 PM
it won't destroy the community. in a few years the game will be forgotten by the general public. most of us will be older by then and will be gaming young 18 year olds. who cares.
Wonderful thought....:D
Neill's book was entertaining but for one to take the next step is completely up to them. Most will stop believing that this stuff works after getting blown out the first couple times.

that_asian_guy
07-07-2006, 10:19 PM
if they make a movie, I wonder if it who will play Mystery... maybe Johnny Depp? lol

Vapor
07-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Ban Hick for bumping this god-awful thread. :D

mdezsco
07-13-2006, 08:51 PM
While reading a Neil Strauss blog, I read that Style (aka Neil Strauss) has the marketing manager Frank Kern. I've heard of this guy because he was involved in a famous fraud where he claimed he made thousands of sales, when in fact he didn't. As a result, his clients sued him and the Federal Trade Commission went after him so Frank lost over $500,000 in a stipulated judgment.
From a PLAY list post, I read that Style and Frank actually got involved in another misrepresentation when they claimed they sold-out of their products for Annihilation Method. A paypal guy also told me that Frank and Style only sold 11 copies at the time Style claimed he sold approximately 250 copies. It looks like Neil Strauss is likely involved in another of Frank's frauds.
I met Lisa Leveridge through a friend at a Hollywood party and she told me she dumped Style after they dated for 5 months, and that she hates him, and she is now dating a musician from Hollywood; however, Style said in an interview that he was still dating her and that he didn't want to do approaches in front of the interviewer because it would upset his girlfriend.
My buddy says he is getting a copy of annihilation method from his friend, so I will judge the content, but I hope Neil is not scamming my friends because I heard his book is not the most accurate account.

GeNeRaL
07-13-2006, 09:43 PM
So When is the Movie Coming Out...
and it Could Also Help New PUAs because The Movie would give them tips...Body Language, Negs, Etc...

Iceman
07-13-2006, 10:08 PM
General:
The movie will not teach anyone anything useful, just like The Game does not teach us anything useful.

CharlieAngel
07-13-2006, 10:09 PM
While reading a Neil Strauss blog, I read that Style (aka Neil Strauss) has the marketing manager Frank Kern. I've heard of this guy because he was involved in a famous fraud where he claimed he made thousands of sales, when in fact he didn't. As a result, his clients sued him and the Federal Trade Commission went after him so Frank lost over $500,000 in a stipulated judgment.
I did a brief search on google and couldn't come up with that, care to share a link? I see where they busted him for "Pyramid scheme" but he's also got a ton of other sites out there. With the FTC watching him closely, I really don't think he can do much shady these days.

From a PLAY list post, I read that Style and Frank actually got involved in another misrepresentation when they claimed they sold-out of their products for Annihilation Method. A paypal guy also told me that Frank and Style only sold 11 copies at the time Style claimed he sold approximately 250 copies. It looks like Neil Strauss is likely involved in another of Frank's frauds.

I'd like to see this link, as well. "A paypal guy"? Who? Considering I know 3 people who've bought this method across a couple states (and no, I can't see what's in it, but then again, I don't want more material, I need more field work), and I'm a newbie to the scene (1 year), I highly doubt only 11 people bought it. Hell, there's probably that many buyers here on this site. So, pony up some links, please.

I met Lisa Leveridge through a friend at a Hollywood party and she told me she dumped Style after they dated for 5 months, and that she hates him, and she is now dating a musician from Hollywood; however, Style said in an interview that he was still dating her and that he didn't want to do approaches in front of the interviewer because it would upset his girlfriend.

Funny, I have a couple friends who've met Lisa & Style at various functions within the last few months and they seem very much "still a couple". Maybe they're playing it up for the cameras, but whatever.

My buddy says he is getting a copy of annihilation method from his friend, so I will judge the content, but I hope Neil is not scamming my friends because I heard his book is not the most accurate account.
It's his view of what happened. There's always more than one side to any story, but the victors write history, right?
I'd really like to see these sources you've mentioned. If they are indeed real, then it might be something to take into consideration. Until then, you're just some guy with an unknown axe to grind.

sunset
07-14-2006, 02:52 AM
becoming an alpha do not mean watching a movie which shows alphas doing the game.

megadirt
07-14-2006, 06:06 AM
It may draw more attention to it, but it probably will dissappear from memory after a few months, If every film which showed someone being alpha in it inspired everyone to sit up and take note, the second James Dean started talking with his back to every attractive girl on the screen, everyone would be having more sex...or none at all.

Borderland
07-14-2006, 06:45 AM
so your saying that style lied when in the afterword of his book he said two years later he was still dating Leveridge? for some reason I'm getting the feeling that you may be someone with an exe to grind - but hey i could be wrong

Alpha Centurion
07-14-2006, 07:11 AM
Even if they DID make a movie about it, i don't think i'd bother watching it(i'll wait for the dvd haha)It just doesn't seem like a 'hit' movie, and i can't imagine people queuing up to see it,maybe if they make a spoof ,then i can imagine them making the film. But hey....prove me wrong.
I actually signed up to his email list, now my box is full of crappy spam mails(how much was AH?!). He annoys me now. He's a corporate slut. Someone needs to slap him round his greasy bald head.

Regiment
07-14-2006, 02:18 PM
I heard, from my best friends, second cousin, which is the girl friend of this other chic, that works at the Starbucks where their dog's delivery boy goes to get coffee... that Neil and Loraine (??) are still together.
This was through Instant Messaging. :D

Zenkoan04
07-23-2006, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't worry about the movie version of "The Game" impacting the community in any real way. First, the fact that Kate Hudson and Jack Black are supposedly signed up to star signals that the movie is going to a romantic comedy and, by the time the Hollywood filmaking machinery gets through with the premise, it will be all light and fluffy and bear little resemblance to real, hardcore game. Second, as others have noted, we live in an attention-deficit disorder popular culture, with so many distractions and competing demands for the entertainment dollar and our time that this movie will not be the same kind of focal point for women as may be for those in the community. I give it three weeks in the theaters and six months in the "New Releases" section of video stores. Then it fades out of memory. Third, I doubt many women will make the connection to real game being run on them in the field (if it is being done halfway competently) and some watered-down version they saw six months ago on the screen. Fourth, read the Arts/Entertainment section of your local paper -- movie attendance is WAY down. I think the greater threat would be a good reality TV show premised on helping AFCs get game. That would reach more people and potentially resonate in the popular consciousness more than this movie will. Just some thoughts...

CAFFEINE
07-23-2006, 01:13 PM
Even if they DID make a movie about it, i don't think i'd bother watching it(i'll wait for the dvd haha)It just doesn't seem like a 'hit' movie, and i can't imagine people queuing up to see it,maybe if they make a spoof ,then i can imagine them making the film. But hey....prove me wrong.
I actually signed up to his email list, now my box is full of crappy spam mails(how much was AH?!). He annoys me now. He's a corporate slut. Someone needs to slap him round his greasy bald head.
I have Style to thank for pointing me in the direction of this community, but like you, ever since I started gettings his e-mails I have been feeling very much the same way you do.

NightLife
07-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Well yea, Style in a way has become corporate and is indeed selling out this community in some form, but at the same time, besides bringing hunderds of AFC's into the game which has already been mentioned, he is also not running any time of business besides his novel. Style doesn't have his own seduction website, and Style doesn't host his own bootcamp, nor does he sell any products besides his book. I think that Style is one of the most noble ones to the community and understands what it means to the people here.

Alpha Centurion
07-23-2006, 06:04 PM
To be honest, i was half joking.
He is border line selling out, but then again he did contribute quite a bit to the entire community, even though only a few of his posts survive.
But yeah, he does have a website, and had one of the most expensive bootcamps going, and i think he's bringing out a new brand of head wax. Maybe.

djfuji
07-23-2006, 10:28 PM
The movie will not destroy the Game any more than "The Karate Kid" destroyed martial arts.

Alpha Centurion
07-24-2006, 06:06 AM
The karate kid did destroy martial arts.
MR.MIYAGI YOU BASTARD!!!DAMN YOU!!!