PDA

View Full Version : Just Need A Lil' Help

Duality
07-15-2006, 04:29 AM
Hey guys I'm new to the scene, and i feel like giving the Newbie Mission a go, but because of my age its kind of hard to be getting that kind of time,
( 4 hours / 4 days a week ) especially with parents who drive you to be the best you can ( in terms of schooling ).
So my question to you to you is this:
Is it better to set aside a "lump" day where you spend most of your day
( like 6-8 hours ) with the newbie mission; or is it something that must be taken in smaller doses?
I have explored ideas like.. : Trying it on the girls at school, keeping in mind that my school is only Co-ed from Year 10 onwards, and I'm in Year 9
( I don't have *that* much "inner self" to crash and burn with my whole grade watching me as yet ):o
I actually feel comfortable with the idea of walking up to girls in the shopping center, mall and whatever, because they are complete strangers and i feel more "in the zone" when im wearing casual stuff, not a school uniform.
I just don't have the time for this method of approach.
Any ideas guys?
Should i just will myself to get over it and do it anyway?
Thanks in advance

Nox
07-15-2006, 10:17 AM
First of all, don't approach in school. You fuck up, and it's gonna kill your social status.
Get over it. Go to the mall, etc.
The newbie mission is not something you should do AS IS. Whatever it is that people tell you about pick-up, use your fucking brains. Rules are not "RULES", those are guidelines.
Same with the newbie mission. Don't focus on the method itself for the newbie mission. Focus on the result you're looking for: Approaching and trying to soften Approach Anxiety.
So, whatever you do, approach an average of: 4x12=48 sets a week, and get them to talk to you for 20 minutes.
Hope it helps man.
Keep it up,
Nox.

Eccite
07-17-2006, 03:49 PM
Ye make sure you do not approach in school. For most people (me included) the game takes a while for it to become fluent, until its fluent, you are more likely to C+B and that can kill social status.
If your new to it, just get comfortable. You don't have to do a specific newbie mission although it is useful.
However, just as useful is opening whenever, wherever... do not necessarily look to sarge instead work on your people skills, you do not have to open girls, to get people skills open anyone.
For example
At a supermarket when you shop, ask the till person if its been a long day, if they have a long shift whatever, make conversation (you don't have to game them). What this does is it makes you more natural. For starters, conversation when you do open an HB set will be more fluent, more natural and if you run RSD on all people, whenever, you will find that SITUATIONAL OPENERS (which are the best, in my opinion) become easier to find and give. You will loose approach anxiety and have less sticking points in conversational.
Las Vegas (i read) states it takes 21 days to kick a habit, so kick a habit of not talking to people, therefore for the next 21 days straight talk to at least one new person whatever gender or age. This will get into a routine of being sociable and fun in conversation.
Good luck
work hard in school
Eccite

Libertine101
07-17-2006, 05:46 PM
I think it was Enigmaz (not really sure), but he has an awesome interpretation of the Newbie mission, that is perfect for some of us that can't go sarging 4 nights, for 4 hours.
this is the thread.
http://www.theattractionforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14832

No Bones
07-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Sure, you can stagger the hours into one or a few days, if someone was so inclined. However, you'll probably feel emotionally drained by the time you reach four hours. Think about it: four hours of asking the same canned material... it's heavy stuff.
Yet if 4+ hours works for you, then by all means go ahead. Like Nox said, the MM newbie mission is only a guideline. Just fit social interactions into your life on a daily basis and build your skillset.

Duality
07-17-2006, 11:29 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate this :)